GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NUA and access to a car, seems the couple were together, despite the news articles saying they broke up before Christmas. TM's father confirmed they were still a couple. Message from NUA to Dutch friend new years eve was sent jointly from NUA and TM. They would have shared a car then so I presume TM's car has been examined by dogs/forensics. JMO

It sounds like the entire theory that they'd broken up stems entirely from a neighbour saying they hadn't seen the girlfriend for a few months. I haven't seen my neighbour's wife for months, but that doesn't suggest that they've split up, only that I've not bumped into her for a while. Depends how much of a curtain-twitcher this neighbour was I suppose.

It does seem incredible that anyone could have been eliminated at the outset, based on just a phone call with the police, as has been suggested. Can you imagine the conversation: “Do you have any scratch marks on your face, sir?” “Nope”. “OK, that’s fine. Sorry to trouble you, sir”……… Hmmm….

I assume he must have had an alibi for Friday evening. Whether or not this was legitimate we don't know...if the recent appeals from JY's family and this arrest tie together, it seems like LE suspect the alibi may not be sound.

Anyway, whilst we await further developments, a thought about the gossipy neighbour who appears to have got CJ into trouble by gossiping to the police about what he did or didn’t see. I agree with others on here that only what is said DIRECTLY to the police should be relevant. Typically-exaggerated gossip between neighbours is irrelevant.

Especially when that gossip is then filtered through various media outlets before reaching the public. What CJ actually saw might be quite different. Who knows how reliable his recollection was. At this point it was dark, he had no reason to suspect anything and presumably with a number of flats in the building it was in no way unusual to see people around the building at that time in the evening.

the fact he was never fully ruled out as a suspect
GR is the only person in the world who has been fully ruled out as a suspect. The police went out of their way to make this clear in a way they hardly ever do.

His alibi was of a kind allowing for multi-point verification and there is no credible way that the police either forgot to verify it or got it wrong. And I don't say that because the police are infallible (they're not), but because they are not completely incompetent.

It has been pretty clear from the start that the perp who was being looked for, who fitted the facts, and who was being hinted at by those best placed to have ideas, was someone very local but not Greg. CJ, PS and VT were more or less credible candidates. MW wasn't because he too had the kind of alibi that can't be faked.

The arrest of VT has several characteristics suggesting the police have much stronger grounds for suspicion than in the case of CJ. They also have the testimony of TM which will no doubt be highly important.

They also have CJ's testimony - assuming he didn't spend 54 hours saying "no comment", which doesn't look like his style. And it may already be that CJ and VT have offered mutually exclusive defences, IYSWIM.

No, that would make it less probable actually. If you have a body in your car, you can get caught at any moment and you do not sleep (unless you are a totally careless and heartless guy, which GR is probably not). If he had brought the body with him on his way to Sheffield, he could have dropped it in a forest or anywhere, it would have been better than keeping it in his car, in my opinion.

Anyway, the problem was not really to drop the body before midnight in a deserted place, it can be done, but to get it out of the flat before 10 pm like he would have to do in your option. At least, in my scenario, he carries the body to his car around 11 pm, but that is still too early: one could meet neighbours who would immediately propose their help to carry this heavy bag.

I do think that the body was moved out of where it was (JY's or VT's flat, or anywhere else) at 2 or 3 am. Most people left the party on the other side of the street between 11 and 12, and one must also avoid people coming back from nightclubs. That rules GR out in my opinion.

Also, dragging that bag from JY's door to a car parked in the street in front of the house or on the other side of the house would have been too risky: on one side you are too visible, and on the other side you have to pass in front of the windows of... VT. So only VT could do that, not GR.

He could have left at 9.30pm with a ski bag no one would have taken any notice surely..........

He puts his snow boarding bag in his car and the boards on the back seat. Then takes Joannas bag with her sadly in it, and off he goes......Gets rid of her bag and puts his boards back in his........

No one seems to be watching anyone.

No one saw him leave for Sheffield.
No one saw Joanna come home
No one saw Greg arrive from Sheffield.

I dont see my neighbours for days or weeks and they live on both sides. Once I am in my house I am not looking outside the window.

It was a FREEZING night on the 17th even my hubby who smokes went out into the garden less times. It was -9 and a lot of people would be in the house keeping warm.......IF they are used to seeing people outside a certain property they probably dont even notice if they see them if that makes sense.

IF the girlfriend of VT was at home, when did he for example harm Joanna.

If the girlfriend was home when did he move the body....Dont forget the morning of the 17th it really snowed in Bristol....

People talk about moving bodies about as though it is the normal everyday thing to do. It isnt. It must be very very hard, and just thinking about being caught well...........the chances are high. And then you have the added problem of dropping the body off somewhere which kinds of bring in premeditation.

So what are the chances of stopping on a road frequented by dog walkers and people taking short cuts and dropping off a body........It seems almost to me to be madness.....that is why a lot of women are snatched off streets in dark areas and parks and dumped where they lay, how many people are killed in their home and then moved.......................I wonder what the statistics are for that.....

The crime scene....

Coat, boots, keys, mobile half bottle of cider.

No pizza but receipt and one starving cat door locked and tidy flat.

Did Joanna meet someone outside her flat perhaps collecting mail, and was invited to go for a drink? Perhaps she offered her pizza to this person, I can bring this with me if you like, have to just go and feed the cat. Person takes Pizza to put into their oven.

Go into the house, take boots off and coat opens half bottle of cider feeds cat.

Goes back out leaves door on latch.....

So:

1. Why would she take her boots off if she was going straight back out.
2. If she was going back out so quickly for a drink and pizza why open the bottle of cider.
3. What was she wearing on her feet?
4. Wouldnt she have put something warm over her shoulders it was -9 out there. So IF she was wearing a pair of slippers or shoes where are they?

OK she does go out but we will ignore the above and is killed in another flat and the body taken away for obvious reasons.........Wouldnt the killer check her flat door to see if it was still open? Why not just put her body back into her flat? I take it that the flat was locked when Greg got home but was the door on the latch if she went out and left her keys inside. Who locked the door, and turned off the lights???

So crime scene makes no sense to her going out or being killed elsewhere but does make sense to her being left somewhere.

CRIME SCENE 2.

So perhaps the other way around then. Person being left on their own, meets outside chat chat, oh why not come over for a pizza....

Goes into the flat, takes coat and boots off puts bag and stuff down, feeds cat opens the door to friend.....kitchen is tiny so would she say to this person here put the pizza in the oven for me if she did not know this person very well?

NOTE TO SELF. Joanna Yeates father said for example he had never heard of Vincent Tabak.........

1. Would she take her boots off? I know that I am very concious about my feet and if this person was a male not sure she would do that unless they new each other very well and she felt comfortable with him....girl yes man not so sure so I would hazard a guess she knew him well and felt comfortable with him.

2. She opens her cider bottle and has a drink the other person is not ready for theirs (hum its xmas) oh well we will pass on that one.

3. No pizza or sign of pizza.....at the crime scene, not even plates out or knives used etc....so why was it removed? IF she knew person was coming she would have popped it into oven. Why would the killer then go into her tiny kitchen after having killed her and handling a pizza box. Just as easy to turn the cooker off and leave everything as is.....wipe around fingerprints. (First place I would take fingerprints is cooker, if non there then the killer did take the pizza out of the oven and clean off the prints)....because otherwise there would be prints of either greg or joanna on the oven handles etc....IF NO FINGERPRINTS then this smacks again of premeditation....

NOW RECAP.......GO back a bit. About 8.30pm

Joanna is waiting for a text to come back from her friend who she has invited for a drink....so would she invite someone in for a chat and meal if she wasn't sure if the other guy was going to respond or not ... bit embarrassing if this person text and said yes 9pm meet you at so and so...

OK SORRY BACK TO HYPOTHESIS THAT SHE DID ASK THIS PERSON TO COME INTO HER FLAT FOR CHAT and was simply going to say to this person if the text came back hey shall we all go out for a drink.........or delay it until the next evening.

So let us say this person comes into her flat at 9pm.

What catastrophic thing could have happened for her to be killed so callously in 20 minutes.................Why 20 minutes? Because this guy said he texted her back at 9.20pm and got no answer. She was waiting for the answer so should have picked up her text and answered it.........

Ok going back to crime scene and joanna.

No sign of a struggle....
No visible marks on her body....

So this person comes in and trys to rape joanna....Joanna is a strong girl she would have struggled really struggled I am sure of that but there was no sign of this on her or her body, no clothes torn or marks on her body. I have been assaulted by a man and believe me even in terror I gave him what for.......

OK so what happened?

The window I think is 20 minutes.......

What awful thing could have transpired in 20 minutes....to end her life.....

For me it points to several things......

Hatred or jealousy
Someone who has killed before perhaps
Psychotic episode
Rape

BUT why move the body?

Knowledge of forensics ....... for example. Someone who knew that moving the body into the cold freezing weather somewhere would destroy most of the DNA. The body outside would take a longish time to fully freeze and the temperature would have to stay at zero for this to happen. Towards the middle of the week I was recording temperature levels of 9. Not -9 so it did warm up for a period.

The only real reason to move her if she was in her own flat was to destroy and confuse forensics...................Whoever moved her would not be out of place at the flats........

Was she moved in the early hours that would make sense. Less people about and the weather would be really cold then.....

Have you tried to start a car in -9 with icy roads........you would need to warm it up before it got started so the chances are you might be heard......

So perhaps it would be better to move it earlier when a car was already warmed up and ready for a journey.

Its a very complex case this.

IF VT is guilty surely someone would have seen him moving a body about between the 17th = 20th. Where was his girlfriend.

Is he in the frame because someone has planted some evidence on him?

Its bizarre because for me non of them seem to fit the profile of a hardened killer who can move bodies about without falling apart at the seams and not being seen ...

And to discard this girl like she was... like so much rubbish is callous.

I cant see any of them in the flat being callous or hateful......

No it makes no sense to me.....

Sorry I have totally rambled on....

I kind of have another theory but when I mentioned it on the other dark side forums they thought I was daft lol....Well I am but thats not the point lol.

Anyway we should hear soon if he is to be charged.

If he is then he must have had a Psychotic breakdown or something as I cant believe he would kill her just for the sake of it and I couldnt imagine why Greg would want to kill his lovely girlfriend either.

Most odd.

To me GR came over as odd, the whole scenario as odd: the going away, JY's first weekend alone in the flat, the crowed closeness and lack of contact explained by JY not using her phone yet evidence showing she used it quite a bit on the 17th, the 4 hrs delay on Sunday night, the crap crying in the press conferences, his justgiving site to raise money, the fact he was never fully ruled out as a suspect, and the fact he had opportunity. Of course folk will get stuck in to GR. It is usually the BF, the defacto, the husband, the pervy uncle.

Firstly, I'd like to comment on the post about being horrified about what has been said about GR. This is a website that discusses crime and therefore people are going to propose theories based on the facts known so far but also based on personal theories and thoughts about this crime.

I hope this post doesn't cause offence but by nature of being a sleuthing website, there is bound to be a degree of finger-pointing at someone. Nobody has been found guilty of this crime to date and so it could be said that any theories proposed implicating ANYBODY could be horrifying to someone.

I agree with ruined detroit that often in these cases, the BF is to blame. Hopefully not in this case but IMO he cannot be ruled out as a possible suspect, based on the limited information we have.

At first I wondered whether they had had an argument before he left - but see they met for lunch so perhaps all was well. However, like ruined detroit, I found it strange that there was no contact between them over the weekend and that she hadn't returned his calls/spoken, given the fact that it was their first weekend apart but more particularly because of the bad weather. It would have been a long journey to and from Sheffield and I would have thought there'd have been some contact, even if just 'glad you got there okay' and 'give me a ring as you leave Sheffield.'

Like has been said before, four hours is quite a long time for him to report her missing if he hasn't heard from her all weekend.
And then there's Bernard the cat. I don't know much about cats but was there a catflap? If not, wouldn't the litter tray have been pretty full? Wouldn't it have been obvious he hadn't been fed?
How come the parents knew immediately she must have been abducted and yet he didn't?
Her keys and mobile were in the flat for goodness sake!!

Is it not a bit weird that she phoned someone out of the blue on the way home to meet up that evening?

I can't work it out!! There are so many things that don't seem to add up ... but I don't think it's an 'implausible' chain of events (sorry, can't remember who posted that) that would have had to have occurred for GR to have committed this crime.

Having said that, I still don't think it was him. But I think it could have been.

But if he went to Holland before the body was found, there wasn't that much time for her to notice his odd behaviour (until he came back and we don't know when that was). Yes, Saturday and Sunday but there would have been no 'crime' to link odd behaviour to, at that point. He allegedly went away on the Monday and nobody knew JY was actually missing until GR reported her as such very late on the Sunday night.

Which means that TM might not have noticed odd behaviour at that time as such, because she wouldn't have known that anyone in their block had disappeared. Whereas now she does.

And if the police spoke to him by telephone (as they must have if he was out of the country), they wouldn't have noticed any scratches.

Hi missMarple2, yes good points BUT after being away 3 weeks he had plenty of time to get used to what he had done (if he did anything). Any scratches would be DNA in the nails of Joanna......

The police said they saw him on the 20th about her disappearance. She was reported missing at 12.00am on the 20th.

Dont forget the police rang Rebecca on her phone to see if she knew where Joanna was....Rebecca lives in Swansea.....

I am sure the first thing the police would have done was knock on all the doors in the flats and talk to the tenants.

For example just the other day there is a house empty (council) near to my daughters and the girl there has not been see there for weeks, its just been reported and the police came very quickly and knocked on all the doors in the area to see if anyone had seen her when she was seen last......(She is fine by the way had gone off in a huff or something)...

So surely the police would have spoken to him and his girlfriend.

He could still have left on the 20th to Holland as normal.

Where was his girlfriend then I wonder why didnt she go with him?

Its very unusual 2 men tall and handsome both go off at similar times and leave 2 lovely girlfriends behind. They sure do things differently now then in my days lol.

Was it the 20th, or was it the 19th?

Either way, and as someone on here asked earlier, how could they rule him out then when Jo wasn't reported missing until midnight on the 19th?

Well yes I agree but they did....there was a link with it on somewhere. I get the dates mixed up myself......

They spoke to him before he left to go on holiday the 20th which was a Monday. She was reported missing at 12.00 19th Sunday.

So she had been missing since 12.00am 19th Sunday.......

GR is the only person in the world who has been fully ruled out as a suspect. The police went out of their way to make this clear in a way they hardly ever do.

His alibi was of a kind allowing for multi-point verification and there is no credible way that the police either forgot to verify it or got it wrong. And I don't say that because the police are infallible (they're not), but because they are not completely incompetent.

Yes exactly. His alibi should be watertight, and if for any reason it wasn't, then that itself would have been suspicious and LE would have been all over it.

I simply cannot believe there is any plausible way that GR was still in Bristol at 9:00pm on Friday night that LE would not have been well aware of by now.

Did he actually leave the UK/go on holiday ?

Police are trying to piece together Vincent Tabak’s movements between the time Miss Yeates was last seen alive on December 17 and when her body was discovered on Christmas Day.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-question-female-friend-of-Vincent-Tabak.html

After Mr Tabak’s arrest, Miss Morson - who attended Queenswood School in Hertfordshire - spent several hours speaking to police and is believed to have remained in Bristol.

It is understood the financial analyst for Dyson in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, gave police details of Mr Tabak's movements over Christmas and New Year.

It is believe he was planning to return to Holland, but may have been forced to delay his plans due to the travel chaos caused by the wintry weather in the week before Christmas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-question-female-friend-of-Vincent-Tabak.html

The Dutch architect arrested on suspicion of the murder of Joanna Yeates was held by police after an anonymous tip-off, it has been claimed.
Vincent Tabak, 32, was taken into custody this week after Avon and Somerset Police received an emotional phonecall from a woman moved by the television appeal by Ms Yeates’ parents.
As officers were given an extra 30 hours to quiz the Dutchman, it was suggested police had spoken to his girlfriend Tanja Morson, though detectives have refused to confirm if she implicated her boyfriend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ct-arrested-sobbing-tip-anonymous-caller.html

Within hours of receiving the news of Mr Tabak’s arrest, his close family in the Netherlands gathered at the home of his eldest sister Ilse, 48, in the medieval town of Amersfoort near Utrecht.

She said the family had been told nothing about the case.

“We don’t know anything, everything we hear is from the media, we haven’t heard anything from him,” Ilsa Tabak said last night.

“The only thing I can say is he is a very nice, sociable guy.”

But when asked if he had seen his family over the festive period she said: “I can’t comment on that now, I really, really want to leave it at this.”

Neighbours of Mr Tabak’s widowed mother Sonia said they did not think he had stayed with her over Christmas at her flat in Arnhem, central Netherlands.

Has it been discussed where TM was on the night of the 17th?

snipped: "Instead they recalled Tabak arriving and leaving the basement flat alone, with one commenting: ‘The last time I saw her [TM] was around September.
‘I assumed that they had split up as I hadn’t seen her for so long.’

Another confirmed she had not seen Miss Morson for several months, while a third said: ‘I’d seen the man but I hadn’t really seen a girlfriend around in the weeks leading up to what happened.’

That's three people testifying that TM wasn't around.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-believed-split-girlfriend.html#ixzz1BmhcV6fs

The same article states: "A neighbour said: ‘When [Vincent] got home on his bike, Chris spoke to him on the drive and told him about what happened with the car.’"

He definitely knew she was alone.

Where did you read that they VT & TM occuppied the small bedroom? That seems very odd.

A scream of "Help me" qualifies as an event for the person hearing it. One would remember what they were doing at the time. So I believe it was the 17th that this person heard her scream.

I just don't understand where he got the car to move the body. Surely he didn't pull her around in the snowboard bag. How could he have got the use of E's car? Did he ride his bike over to her flat & just take it?

Who is the sobbing woman?

To all Bristolians out there: have there been other unsolved murders of young females in the Bristol area other than that of Glenis Carruthers?

Yes, MissMarple2, I doubt whether media reports that he was quickly eliminated are at all accurate. I feel the police have just been playing a waiting game, ie waiting for his return to the UK.

Yes, MissMarple2, I doubt whether media reports that he was quickly eliminated are at all accurate. I feel the police have just been playing a waiting game, ie waiting for his return to the UK.

If he in fact departed UK

See post #250

If he in fact departed UK

See post #250

But if he'd remained in the UK, wouldn't his phone have shown his whereabouts? In which case, the police could have swooped long ago.

Unless he switched it off for weeks on end, or has several phones, etc etc - all of which would be cause for suspicion.

But if he'd remained in the UK, wouldn't his phone have shown his whereabouts? In which case, the police could have swooped long ago.

Unless he switched it off for weeks on end, or has several phones, etc etc - all of which would be cause for suspicion.

We don't know at present

but he's touted as a tech expert

Quite possible the second paragraph in your post is close to accurate

The police eliminated Vincent Tabak and his girlfriend from their enquiries. Surely if he had scratch marks on his face or hands they would have been noticed.

No one seemed bothered about his behaviour until the appeal. Surely if someone is found dead and they live next door to you, and your partner is behaving in a weird way, wouldnt you say something to someone I know most people would, even just a friend.....He seemed fine and allegedly went on holiday, whether he got to Holland is irrelevant IF the police were at all concerned with his story surely they could have stopped him leaving the country..............on the 20th.

I find this all very odd.

I wouldn't put too much stock in his behavior after the murder. Keep in mind that a sociopath can appear to be "just fine " while actually being someone quite different....Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni