GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You never mentioned they'd seen a dark 4x4 in your original post, just that they'd driven up and down the lane several times? Have LE not been back in touch with your parents at all? Were they able to take a reg number?

They had (my dad in particular as he is a member at Long Ashton Golf Club) driven down the lane several times. My mum was in the car the evening of Christmas Eve and remarked at it being a stupid place to park a car. When Joanna was found on Christmas morning they discussed in detail that they must have driven past her body and my mum told me about the dark 4 x 4.

However, at the time it was thought that the body had been in situ for a number of days and then CJ was arrested so they didn't give much thought to it.

After CJ was released and a statement by LE was made stating they didn't know when the body had been dumped my parents rang. They have not received a call back, although by then they couldn't remember exactly where the 4 x 4 had been and told LE this (I can remember them talking about it in detail to me on Christmas Day though).

I'm just a little surprised that a week or so later they were stopping drivers on the lane to question them but never contacted my parents.

No they didn't take a registration number, they just thought it was a stupid place to park and Joanna had been missing a week by then. They obviously didn't expect her body to be found there the following day.

They may not be consciously lying though. If he was only an hour and a bit behind his original schedule - the actual journey time could have been partly made up with, e.g. taking shortcuts to and from the motorway, driving a bit faster than usual, not taking any breaks during the journey - then at the other end a bit of subliminal manipulation of his relatives to convince them he wasn't really late - e.g. bad weather, traffic holdups etc, casually looking at his watch and taking half an hour off the time when he got there.....all adding up to not much later than expected as far as they're concerned......

Or is that just my really devious mind working overtime? :innocent:
I agree with all that, but I still think that GR had relatively little time to do all he had to do, and at wrong times of the day. I think one moves a body at 3 am, not 9 pm...

On the Friday night, it was really hard to do all there was do: moving the body and coming back to tidy and verify that everything was OK. So let us imagine that [here starts the scenario] on the Friday night, he strangles her and in a panic runs away, leaving JY on the floor, the cat walking around (it could also have been locked in a room at first and forgotten there) and the pizza on the table or in the oven. He then drives to Sheffield as fast as possible and still says to his family that he has been very careful on the road, and slowed down several times by trucks and some car wrecks; this way he can pretend he left Bristol at 7 although he left at 9:15.

From Sheffield, he calls and texts JY a few times but does not call anyone else, because he does not want her body to be discovered (the risk is there, though, but on the Friday he did not calculate anything and only felt guilt). Back in Bristol on the Sunday night, he stages the flat to make it look like JY has been abducted. He gets rid of the now stinking pizza (because it would be a sure sign that something bad happened a couple of days ago), cleans the place, carries the body in a big bag into his car, goes to drop it at a temporary site or directly in Failand, comes back home and calls the police. [/scenario]

The main problem I have with this is that it is all done before midnight, when one still crosses people in the streets and around the house.

Another thing: in the position of JY's parents, if there was any doubt about my daughter's boyfriend, I would not tolerate him in my presence. They must trust him for other reasons than just their feelings. The police must have told them much more than we know. They should have said more to the public, by the way, because since CJ has been released, GR has been the #1 suspect for most, and if they are sure that he is innocent, declaring it is not enough; they should release some details.

So let us imagine that [here starts the scenario] on the Friday night, he strangles her and in a panic runs away, leaving JY on the floor, the cat walking around (it could also have been locked in a room at first and forgotten there) and the pizza on the table or in the oven. He then drives to Sheffield as fast as possible and still says to his family that he has been very careful on the road, and slowed down several times by trucks and some car wrecks; this way he can pretend he left Bristol at 7 although he left at 9:15.

From Sheffield, he calls and texts JY a few times but does not call anyone else, because he does not want her body to be discovered (the risk is there, though, but on the Friday he did not calculate anything and only felt guilt). Back in Bristol on the Sunday night, he stages the flat to make it look like JY has been abducted. He gets rid of the now stinking pizza (because it would be a sure sign that something bad happened a couple of days ago), cleans the place, carries the body in a big bag into his car, goes to drop it at a temporary site or directly in Failand, comes back home and calls the police. [/scenario]
I agree with all that - it's my theory too of "what happened next".

The main problem I have with this is that it is all done before midnight, when one still crosses people in the streets and around the house.
Unless the body was in the ski bag in the boot all weekend and went up to Sheffield with him, then dumped as near to midnight as possible before phoning the police? I wonder if he opened that boot at any time whilst in Sheffield? Did anybody get in his car during that weekend at all or was he given lifts by his relatives, as people tend to do when visiting for a few days?

Another thing: in the position of JY's parents, if there was any doubt about my daughter's boyfriend, I would not tolerate him in my presence. They must trust him for other reasons than just their feelings. The police must have told them much more than we know. They should have said more to the public, by the way, because since CJ has been released, GR has been the #1 suspect for most, and if they are sure that he is innocent, declaring it is not enough; they should release some details.
These are good points I agree.

I have to add by the way that I would love to have my suspicions proved wrong, and will apologise profusely to GR if that turns out to be the case.

The press stories the night before the arrest spoke of 'exciting new developments'

The case has taken on a new direction, the body may have been moved in a suitcase or bag, and it's possible the body was stored in a car boot for several days prior to Longwood Lane. All the paper stories were similar worded.

The arrest came shortly after, two wheelie bins, and his bike went for forensics. But he was out of the country on Monday the 20th if press reports are correct. So some of those leaks above can't be right????

Hello, been reading posts on here for weeks and kept wanting to comment.

HOLDALL
Really wanted to comment on Curious Alice's post but couldn't work out how to (sorry Phillb - although been following your posts with great interest too!). Was wondering whether perhaps GF noticed a 'new' holdall amongst NUA's possessions ... and called LE about her suspicions following the appeal from JY's parents.

If the theories about NUA are correct - and there is a missing holdall, then this would be harder to dispose of than a sock. Would have thought taking it abroad for Christmas would have been a good option.

GF OR EX-GF
Given that GF's father is a lawyer, thought his comments were particularly measured. He was vague about whether they were GF/BF, which seems strange given that his wife referred to NUA as 'lovely V'. Is that because he knew the relationship had recently finished but didn't want to fuel the media's fire by being the one to state it.

CJ
Maybe he didn't want to be specific to the police about the three people he thought he'd seen because he thought one of them was NUA, one of his tenants. If there was nothing in it (as he probably assumed), it really wouldn't have done much for LL-tenant relations.

Had better go and catch up on the rest of the new thread now.

Girlfriend of Jo Yeates murder suspect Vincent Tabak tipped off the police

Jan 22 2011

MURDER suspect Vincent Tabak was arrested after his girlfriend spoke to detectives, it emerged yesterday.

Computer wizard Tabak, 32, was last night still being questioned by police probing the strangling of his next-door neighbour Jo Yeates.

The Dutchman’s girlfriend of three years, Tanja Morson, spoke to detectives following an emotional public appeal from landscape architect Jo’s parents.

And he was seized in a dawn raid on thursday.

Police yesterday refused to confirm or deny if Tanja had implicated her boyfriend.

Read more: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/u...t-tabak-tipped-off-the-police-86908-22867158/

The flat in Bristol's Aberdeen Road where Tabak was arrested belongs to a friend of his called Emily Williams.

She is out of the country on a trip to Chile, and her sister Lucy, who shares the flat, is in London.
Wondering if they have a car each and could have both travelled home in one car together for Christmas, leaving a car behind?

The connection with EW and NUA might be through TM, just a wild guess since they both work in finance, TM being an analyst and EW an accountant. Wondering what reason NUA could give to borrow a car seeing as his girlfriend more than likely had one. The transport system was chaotic around christmas with the snow, flights being cancelled etc. Could he have used this as an excuse and driven a borrowed car over to Holland by ferry? Just a few random thoughts and JMO

She could've removed herself for a number of reasons. I am with you and I don't think we should read too much into it. But, if her reason for removing herself is because she is being hounded by the media or whoever, then surely you just wouldn't log in to your facebook right now. Surely showing a united front is more beneficial right now, if she is standing by him that is. Just had a quick look and it appears that she has completely removed herself from facebook. Probably all too much for her and understandable.

She could have altered her privacy settings so that her details are only visible to her friends. My settings are like this, meaning that nobody can find me/invite me to be friends etc. (I can still use it but I have to invite people to be my friends as otherwise I am invisible to everyone).

I don't think her absence (or anyone else's absence) from NUA's Friends list is at all significant. The media will be trying to contact everyone on his list to get a comment about the sort of person he is.

MURDER suspect Vincent Tabak was arrested after his girlfriend spoke to detectives, it emerged yesterday.
Doesn't necessarily mean that she gave any information that led to his arrest JMO

Maybe they were flabbergasted that his apartment wasn't more thoroughly pulled apart the first time. The tarpaulin suggests that the LE don't want us seeing what's coming out of there, unlike the previous display where forensic bags with clearly read labels were paraded out of Jy's place.
Also if a body was dragged along the rear path to a car in the carpark at the back of no.44, then should we not have seen/heard of forensics removing paving slabs/gravel or whatever from that path the first time round?

jmo

Thought I read somewhere that the police were sure the body hadn't been dragged, because there were no signs of it on her body - and that's where the suitcase theory came from?

my snip

weelllllllllllllllll. scott person was discounted as long as he was due to the massive support of him by laci's parents. if I recall correctly, sonia sutcliffe's father upon being told peter was the yorkshire ripper denied it unequivocally to the extent of handing a reporter many family chrismas photos for "proof"....

I'm with you on your theory, and I dont know why I just cant entirely defer from GR, perhaps I'm just stubborn :blushing: I dont think he would have poured her a drink though (forensics could have shown that/if she had been discovered before his return/how would he account for that)

The only thing now that makes me think he must have been ruled out, is the DCI thanking him for his "unfailing support" - that would go down in history if GR did turn out to be the perp.

I have wondered about that statement, the police said they wanted to thank the Yeates family and Greg". Now being a naturally suspicious person, why didnt they say Greg Reardon or Mr Reardon - but Greg!! I found that very unusual because it is so informal, he's not their friend. Its bugging me or am I paranoid.

I'm just a little surprised that a week or so later they were stopping drivers on the lane to question them but never contacted my parents.

No they didn't take a registration number, they just thought it was a stupid place to park and Joanna had been missing a week by then. They obviously didn't expect her body to be found there the following day.

It could be that the person who had parked their 4x4 there has come forward themselves and been eliminated from the enquiry, hence the LE wouldn't need to follow it up.

Doesn't necessarily mean that she gave any information that led to his arrest JMO

Agreed.

My impression was that the girlfriend had been brought in for questioning by detectives before NUA's arrival back from his vacation, not that she snitched. I remember seeing somewhere that Brit LE were working with Dutch LE, which may have been regarding the arrest procedure. Also if she had snitched, she most certainly would have asked her father (an international lawyer of repute) for his advice first; therefore if her father had been aware of the situation, his comments to the press would've been more like: 'no comment.'

Again today everyone is full of beans!

I am thinking cautiously, though, and will await news on NUA's situation before I comment on what next(?).

I have wondered about that statement, the police said they wanted to thank the Yeates family and Greg". Now being a naturally suspicious person, why didnt they say Greg Reardon or Mr Reardon - but Greg!! I found that very unusual because it is so informal, he's not their friend. Its bugging me or am I paranoid.
They also say 'Jo' instead of 'Joanna', although they have never seen her alive. That happens when they are too much into it. It's 'poor Jo' and 'poor Greg' for them, I guess. They have seen him in distress for long enough, in person, and not on a photo or footage that can be misinterpreted.

If the NUA is the killer and only had a bicycle. He would have had to remove the body from the building before GR got home on Sunday. He would have guessed that by then she would have been reported missing and with police involved would have been taking a chance to leave the body anywhere in the building or surrounding area. If he has no car, he would have to at least borrow one. The car would have had to come into the area between the night of 17th and early hours of 19th. Did the new CCTV from a private property identify such a car ?

It could be that the person who had parked their 4x4 there has come forward themselves and been eliminated from the enquiry, hence the LE wouldn't need to follow it up.

True. My thoughts initially were that they know a lot more than we think they do and have discounted it as it doesn't fit.

She could have altered her privacy settings so that her details are only visible to her friends. My settings are like this, meaning that nobody can find me/invite me to be friends etc. (I can still use it but I have to invite people to be my friends as otherwise I am invisible to everyone).

I don't think her absence (or anyone else's absence) from NUA's Friends list is at all significant. The media will be trying to contact everyone on his list to get a comment about the sort of person he is.
I think the media paid at least one of her friends to have access to all details and all photos from her profile. When she understood that, she closed her account (that is a temporary thing on Facebook, unless one follows a rather complex procedure, a well-kept secret). JMO of course.

Is it true there is a car park around the back of 44 Canynge Road?

Also, one thing I am struggling to understand is that, if NUA supposedly left for Holland on the 19th/20th December, and Joanna wasn't even a missing person until the early hours of the 20th, how can they have spoken to NUA and ruled him out as a suspect??:waitasec:

I assumed by telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member