Recovered/Located UK - Joe Donnelly, 21, Stevenage, Herts, 7 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
Herts Police (@HertsPolice) tweeted at 2:38 pm on Sun, May 16, 2021:

⚠️ Have you seen #missing Joe Donnelly, age 21, from #Stevenage? He was last seen in on 7 May. He is 5ft 8in, slim and blond. He has links to #Hatfield, #WelwynGardenCity and #Southampton. If you have seen him:
• Call 101.
• If you are with him now call 999.
↪ Pls RT https://t.co/70MFl0rzG0
(https://twitter.com/HertsPolice/status/1393923788677525508?s=03)

A young man has been missing from Stevenage for 10 days, and police are urgently asking for help from the public to help find him.

Joe Donnelly, 21, has been missing from Stevenage since May 7.

Joe is described as being 5ft 8, slim and blonde. He is known to have links to Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City, as well as Southampton.

Search continues for missing Stevenage man

Not much info but it’s not a good sign that the public are being urged to call 999 if they see him.

There was one 'interesting' comment on FB on the local police appeak page. Not sure how much weight that carries about his lifestyle, but commenter seemed to know him.

There was one 'interesting' comment on FB on the local police appeak page. Not sure how much weight that carries about his lifestyle, but commenter seemed to know him.
I can’t see it. RB?

I think it was this one. Now no longer there. I was a bit surprised putting it on a police page, and maybe why they or the poster removed. It was blatantly stating he was on run because of certain activity...

Ah, I must have missed it. That’d make sense with the 999 request though, if he’s dangerous. Strange way for the police to play it.

Not dangerous in a violent sense. Just perhaps making some deals maybe. But just speculation.

Perhaps they think he’s in danger? Can’t find any previous run ins or any social media presence so hard to tell.

Does anyone else find the wording a bit odd?
'Call 999 immediately if you believe you are with Joe now'
Why wouldn't you know if you were with him, is he possibly going by another name? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, the wording just stood out to me that's all

The wording is rather strange, but I've certainly seen it used before on a number of occasions. I don't know if anything can be read into it. The police are prone to expressing themselves in slightly strange ways at times, IMO, but perhaps all professions are guilty of that, too.

Most of the police appeals just say if you have seen so-and-so or know where they may be... So perhaps they have reason to believe he is perhaps being hidden by someone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back