Found Deceased UK - Joy Morgan, 20, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, 26 Dec 2018 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a feeling it will be Not Guilty either way. From the few details we have heard the prosecution doesn't sound like they have a particularly compelling case.
It doesn't, but the CPS must have thought otherwise. Perhaps we'll be told more when the verdict is in. Assuming the jury can reach a verdict ......

I know on present evidence I would not feel comfortable giving a guilty vote as it too circumstantial, even if it all kind of adds up to one. Even if there was an affair, Joy stayed overnight, they did or did not have sex and her phone and keys put Joy near Israel, there is no blood, no DNA and no witnesses that saw him with her. No body. A church cover up. I do think Israel is in the frame, but would hate to see any innocent person convicted. I can not believe Joy is alive but kind of hope if she is she will let someone know before the verdict. However my guess is there is a lot we have not been told and maybe the jury is better informed.

No blood
No DNA
No forensics
No body

No but, then again he did have the best part of 6 weeks to do a damned good clean up!

My thoughts - I don't think there was an 'affair' ... I think she was a young woman desperate to feel a part of something, I think her feelings towards him were a fatherly/daughter kind ... his to her? Nope.
The men I've seen in this awful 'church' treat women like sh it, second class citizens, publically calling for them to be killed if they disobey the men!

I think he made an excuse to get her to his flat then he made a move - in his arrogance, thinking that it would be reciprocated and when it wasn't, he had to silence Joy.

(As a side note, even IF Joy did reciprocate his feelings, I think it would still end in the same way as if it got out, it would be a HUGE scandal)

I truly believe that other men in the 'church' know the truth too and would happily keep their mouths shut tight to protect a 'brother soldier' and their church as a whole.

Imagine, a friend of yours goes missing ... you don't start to wonder? ask around? Look for them? Not one single member of that church FAMILY thought to report her missing?

No blood
No DNA
No forensics
No body

No but, then again he did have the best part of 6 weeks to do a damned good clean up!

My thoughts - I don't think there was an 'affair' ... I think she was a young woman desperate to feel a part of something, I think her feelings towards him were a fatherly/daughter kind ... his to her? Nope.
The men I've seen in this awful 'church' treat women like sh it, second class citizens, publically calling for them to be killed if they disobey the men!

I think he made an excuse to get her to his flat then he made a move - in his arrogance, thinking that it would be reciprocated and when it wasn't, he had to silence Joy.

(As a side note, even IF Joy did reciprocate his feelings, I think it would still end in the same way as if it got out, it would be a HUGE scandal)

I truly believe that other men in the 'church' know the truth too and would happily keep their mouths shut tight to protect a 'brother soldier' and their church as a whole.

Imagine, a friend of yours goes missing ... you don't start to wonder? ask around? Look for them? Not one single member of that church FAMILY thought to report her missing?
I tend to agree about the men. It sounds unlikely but I know of another religious organisation where it was male dominated and members were told to keep quiet about things. Not murder but the attitude towards an abused teen was it was her fault or she exagerrated. Their support of the make continued to people camping outside the jail to support the male after the guy was convicted. I can believe Joy's church closing ranks and there are videos on youtube that might support their tendency to do that.

Meanwhile, seeing as there is no news, I guess the jury is still out.

I tend to agree about the men. It sounds unlikely but I know of another religious organisation where it was male dominated and members were told to keep quiet about things. Not murder but the attitude towards an abused teen was it was her fault or she exagerrated. Their support of the make continued to people camping outside the jail to support the male after the guy was convicted. I can believe Joy's church closing ranks and there are videos on youtube that might support their tendency to do that.

Meanwhile, seeing as there is no news, I guess the jury is still out.

I can very much believe that there would be plenty of IUIC members claiming he is innocent even if he is convicted.
Many now are saying 'how can he be charged if there's no body' ... that until a body is found they won't believe it and they they believe Joy is alive.

I don't.

I believe he killed Joy and did a very good job of cleaning up in the 6 weeks IUIC gave him to do so ... if they had reported Joy missing immediately, I believe that there would have been forensic evidence a plenty!

IUIC ordered silence and silence bought him time.

IUIC have Joy's blood on their hands.

I can very much believe that there would be plenty of IUIC members claiming he is innocent even if he is convicted.
Many now are saying 'how can he be charged if there's no body' ... that until a body is found they won't believe it and they they believe Joy is alive.

I don't.

I believe he killed Joy and did a very good job of cleaning up in the 6 weeks IUIC gave him to do so ... if they had reported Joy missing immediately, I believe that there would have been forensic evidence a plenty!

IUIC ordered silence and silence bought him time.

IUIC have Joy's blood on their hands.
I think what you say is probably.

So do we assume the jury is still out seeing there is no news?
Yes, they're back on Monday.

Reading Crown Court 6T20197135
Shohfah-El Israel (Aka Ajibola Shobamimu)
Details:- No Information To Display -
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 09:58
Trial (Part Heard) - Jury retire to consider verdict - 10:12
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 00:00 - 10:27
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 11:38
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 00:00 - 11:54
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 16:22
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:29

Reading Crown Court Court Listings 2019-08-02, Daily Case Hearing Archives, Details

Yes, they're back on Monday.

Reading Crown Court 6T20197135
Shohfah-El Israel (Aka Ajibola Shobamimu)
Details:- No Information To Display -
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 09:58
Trial (Part Heard) - Jury retire to consider verdict - 10:12
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 00:00 - 10:27
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 11:38
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 00:00 - 11:54
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 16:22
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:29

Reading Crown Court Court Listings 2019-08-02, Daily Case Hearing Archives, Details

I wonder if it will be for the jury's decision OR if they can't reach a unanimous conclusion, for the judge to direct?

I am so hoping for justice for Joy and her loved ones.

A man has been convicted of the murder of midwifery student Joy Morgan.

Shohfah El Israel, 40, who was a worshipper at the same church that Morgan attended, was found guilty on Monday by jurors at Reading Crown Court court.

[...]

He did not react as he was convicted by a jury of eight women and four men after they deliberated for 11 hours and 24 minutes.

Some family members in the public gallery left the court in tears after the verdict was returned.

HuffPost is now part of Oath

I'm so relieved!

Although there is little by way of explanation or revelation, the jury could clearly see through his bull sheet.

I just hope that he fails every parole hearing (when eligible) until he reveals where Joy is.

I don't have any faith/religion but, I can certainly appreciate that for Joy and her lived ones who do, she will not be at rest until properly and rightfully laid to rest.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back