GUILTY UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Simon Jones
@SimonJonesNews
·
39m

The jury in the trial of Callum Wheeler - accused of murdering the Kent PCSO Julia James - has been told no evidence will be called on behalf of the defence.
That’s just nuts isn’t it? Surely the jury deliberations here are going to be shorter than in the David Amess murder trial.

Simon Jones
@SimonJonesNews
·
39m

The jury in the trial of Callum Wheeler - accused of murdering the Kent PCSO Julia James - has been told no evidence will be called on behalf of the defence.

What does that actually mean? Is there to be offered no defence at all? If not, why is there a trial? Or does it mean the defence will consist of something other than evidence, e.g. psychiatric or other expert reports already submitted to the court, or the testimony of the accused himself? (But wouldn't that still count as evidence?) Excuse my ignorance!

What does that actually mean? Is there to be offered no defence at all? If not, why is there a trial? Or does it mean the defence will consist of something other than evidence, e.g. psychiatric or other expert reports already submitted to the court, or the testimony of the accused himself? (But wouldn't that still count as evidence?) Excuse my ignorance!
I've no idea what the law is, but working on the idea of 'innocent until proven guilty', it appears to me that he will not, or cannot, prove that he did not intend to kill her, so it's up to the prosecution to prove that he did intend to kill her.
I think he is not condemning himself by pleading guilty to murder.
Perhaps that satisfies him/his conscience or his mind in some way.

It means the defence will consist entirely of challenging the prosecution's case, trying to insert doubt about his intentions.

It means the defence will consist entirely of challenging the prosecution's case, trying to insert doubt about his intentions.

Okay, so there'll still be a defence process, but it will comprise cross-examinations of witnesses previously called by the prosecution instead of introducing any new witnesses or evidence?

Is this actually that uncommon then? When you put it like that, it seems to me it would include many trials where the accused doesn't take the stand themselves, wouldn't it?

Or have I misunderstood?

Okay, so there'll still be a defence process, but it will comprise cross-examinations of witnesses previously called by the prosecution instead of introducing any new witnesses or evidence?

Is this actually that uncommon then? When you put it like that, it seems to me it would include many trials where the accused doesn't take the stand themselves, wouldn't it?

Or have I misunderstood?
They won't recall prosecution witnesses, it'll be the normal process of cross-examination as the prosecution case proceeds. Sometimes they won't even achieve it through cross-examination, if the evidence is factual like DNA or video, but insert a different perspective on the prosecution's case during their closing speech to the jury.

And it has now emerged that while on remand in custody, he told staff that if he was released he would go back to the woods to "rape and kill" women.

The comments were revealed by the prosecution at the end of their evidence and were not disputed by the defence

I find it quite creepy to be honest that he was loitering in woods for months and waiting around for JJ or any lone person to strike. It happened less than 15 minutes away from me and the fact that even Julia pointed out and said to her husband how dodgy CW was and then 2 months on was alone walking, saw him and tried to flee is awful. Imagine her fear at looking up and seeing him. Especially in broad daylight and a crime like this in the UK is very rare, most murders are by someone known to the victim. I find it really eerie that he must have seen her for a while with her dog making the route up to the woods and he waited right until she saw him to strike. As for Toby, I feel really sorry for him having to witness something like that and be left without an owner now. Then when he was expected to do the reconstruction and was clearly uncomfortable was heart wrenching

I might have this completely wrong but from my observations watching the bodycam footage off of the police, when CW's dad came to the door he sounded fed up when he told them he didn't know why CW called the police and his tone sounded like a "here we go again" kind of tone. Like CW is hard work to deal with and does odd things often that his dad can't understand why.

I might have this completely wrong but from my observations watching the bodycam footage off of the police, when CW's dad came to the door he sounded fed up when he told them he didn't know why CW called the police and his tone sounded like a "here we go again" kind of tone. Like CW is hard work to deal with and does odd things often that his dad can't understand why.
He seems to have serious mental issues.
That is why I wondered about his behaviour at school.
Early treatment + therapy = prevention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back