UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots to work with here. A pretty tiny time window for the murder to have taken place in and a serving PCSO working in the DV unit? I would think there are some names of people known to LE who are zinging their way up to the top of the suspect list as we speak.

I wish I could be confident it wasn't 'just' a random attack though. This is the kind of scenario most (all?) women are scared of happening every time they go out for a walk or a run alone. Just as an example, look at this recent social media thread to get an idea of how universal an experience it is for women out dogwalking alone to be/feel threatened:
Do men know this is creepy? | Mumsnet

As a PCSO, I wonder if she felt confident to stand her ground with an everyday predator, with tragic consequences.

JMO

1. random attack
2. someone she knew
3. revenge attack due to work

Was where she was found much used do we know? Could she have been followed?

'That woman is mum': How devastated son, 23, of PCSO, 53, who was murdered as she walked her dog in 'chilling' crime on secluded pathway in Kent had to break the news to shocked family

The ex partner of a female PCSO found murdered as she walked her dog on a secluded pathway in a leafy Kent hamlet has revealed how their devastated son broke the news of her death to her family.

Her former partner told MailOnline this evening how their son rang him to break the news of Mrs James's death.

Wayne David, who was with Mrs James for 13 years before their split in 2009, had earlier in the day texted son Patrick a Facebook link about a woman being found dead on a local path.

He asked Patrick if he knew what was going on and his son messaged back that he did not but said there was a 'load of police' around the village.

However, when Patrick returned to the home he shares with his girlfriend hours later in Dover he was told the awful news and rang Mr David in tears to say 'that woman is mum'.

Mr David said: 'He's only 23-years old and he's lost his mum. He is absolutely devastated. I remember what it was like when I lost my mother and I knew it was going to happen because she'd been ill. I can't imagine what he's going through.

'We don't know any more about what's happened other than it looks like Julia was walking the dog at the time.

'We don't know if it's a random attack or whether she was targeted by someone, possibly because of her job..."

Woman is found dead on footpath in Kent village sparking huge police response | Daily Mail Online

The cause of death would give abit more to speculate about..also by whom the body was found (apparently discovered within an hour oc last sighting of her alive). How busy was the "secluded pathway" usually...popular with dog walkers?

I would be very much surprised if this was a random attack...MOO

Most likely scenarios in my mind right now would be

A) person close to her in family/romantic way who knew about her routine dog walking route/time

B) revenge/silencing attack based on a domestic violence case she was involved in as a PCO

Yes, cannot ever be discounted completely, of course, but reasons why I find stranger attack less likely are:

Body was found within an hour since she was spotted by neighbour leaving her house to walk her dog.
That gives the murderer a possibly very short timeframe and would have to have been quite a remarkable coincidence given that the area is generaly quiet. Local setting are villages rather than anonymous busy city and so far every local reported their shock how out of character but no suspicous activities/individuals in the area from the past as far as we know

MOO of course

A few snippets of new information (I think) -

"Ms James had been off duty at the time.

"Just a few hundred metres away a house with a car and a van parked on the drive is still under police guard," the BBC's Jo Burn said."

Julia James: Killed community officer last seen taking dog for a walk

I still haven't seen any confirmation of who reported finding her body to the police, or even I suppose the remote possibility (speculation) that Julia herself called for help.

Detectives fear a random attacker may have murdered a PCSO who was beaten around the head as she walked her dog in woodland near her Kent home with the suspect still on the loose, it was revealed today.

The public in Snowdown, near Dover, have been urged to be vigilant Julia James, 53, who had worked for the police for nearly 15 years and had been commended for bravery for chasing a shoplifter, was found dead with serious head injuries.

42358968-9524367-image-a-23_1619683426577.jpg

Julia was found on the edge of this woodland with her Jack Russell, who had stayed with her body

Search for a stranger over hero PCSO's murder in Kent woodland | Daily Mail Online

Detectives fear a random attacker may have murdered a PCSO who was beaten around the head as she walked her dog in woodland near her Kent home with the suspect still on the loose, it was revealed today.

The public in Snowdown, near Dover, have been urged to be vigilant Julia James, 53, who had worked for the police for nearly 15 years and had been commended for bravery for chasing a shoplifter, was found dead with serious head injuries.

42358968-9524367-image-a-23_1619683426577.jpg

Julia was found on the edge of this woodland with her Jack Russell, who had stayed with her body

Search for a stranger over hero PCSO's murder in Kent woodland | Daily Mail Online

OS maps show the paths, I've put a blue dot roughly where I think the forensic tent is.

upload_2021-4-29_9-58-45.png

OS Maps: online mapping and walking, running and cycling routes

My sister lived in Snowdown years ago. It is a very small village with only about 50 houses and a population of less than 250, everyone tends to know everyone else. If anyone from there is responsible the locals will know.

It is literally down the road from Aylesham which, I believe, is the largest village in England. There have been lots of new houses built in the last 10 years or so and at least 5000 people live there, probably more. There is also an industrial estate with lorries coming and going along the main road so it is not as isolated as it appears.

Thanks Tortoise, I was scratching my head wondering if this was an actual murder or an unexplained death.

Julia's ex-husband quotes in this article : He said being a PCSO was "a way of life" for her, and added: “For something like that to happen, in the middle of nowhere - you don’t know whether it’s just random."

He said the location of her death was "odd", and added that police appeared to know more than they were saying"

Does the last sentence point towards it not being a random attack if true?
Neighbour reveals chilling 'last sighting' of PCSO Julia James

LE are requesting information from people who were in the area Monday and Tuesday.
I wonder why just Monday rather than 'in the few days previous to Tuesday'?
Maybe they think the perpetrator laid there in wait for her. Or they aren't certain how long Julia had been there with one of the neighbours saying he saw her at 3pm and also saying he "only saw her a few days ago". Although that should have been obvious from her body temperature, and maybe it was obvious she had been there longer. Not sure that could be the case though, with her little doggie waiting patiently by her side. :(

Julia's ex-husband quotes in this article : He said being a PCSO was "a way of life" for her, and added: “For something like that to happen, in the middle of nowhere - you don’t know whether it’s just random."

He said the location of her death was "odd", and added that police appeared to know more than they were saying"

Does the last sentence point towards it not being a random attack if true?
Neighbour reveals chilling 'last sighting' of PCSO Julia James
I personally think they do know more than they are saying. I believe if they thought a random attacker was at large there would be warnings issued to locals as to not go for walks alone etc...I know they advised ppl to be vigilant but that in itself does not stike me as too urgent a warning

Maybe they think the perpetrator laid there in wait for her. Or they aren't certain how long Julia had been there with one of the neighbours saying he saw her at 3pm and also saying he "only saw her a few days ago". Although that should have been obvious from her body temperature, and maybe it was obvious she had been there longer. Not sure that could be the case though, with her little doggie waiting patiently by her side. :(
We know one neighbour seen her that day leaving house to walk her dog @3pm...and body was foynd an hour later same day.

We know one neighbour seen her that day leaving house to walk her dog @3pm...and body was foynd an hour later same day.
Yes, same neighbour is seperately quoted (confusingly) the same day, as saying he saw her a few days ago.

these are the quotes from article dated 28th April:

"Sean Simmonds, who lives opposite the semi-detached, three-bedroom home Mrs James shares with her husband Paul, said he saw her leave the house to walk her dog at 3pm yesterday but did not see her return."

and

"Paramedic Sean Simmonds, 57, who lives on the same street as Mrs James, said he only saw the mother-of-two walking her Jack Russell a few days ago."

Woman is found dead on footpath in Kent village sparking huge police response | Daily Mail Online

Yes, same neighbour is seperately quoted (confusingly) the same day, as saying he saw her a few days ago.
Right...now that would make whole lot of difference isnt it. I kept wandering how bizzarly short the timeline was from last sighting to discovery. Buy then on the other hand apparently she had a routine to walk her dog after work (from home) shift and as far as we know day before she wasnt reported missing by family. But then...police are curious about footage from Tuesday and Monday too...might be something happened already then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne