UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve followed a few stranger killings in parklands in UK. Most recently Sarah Everard and lindsy (surname escapes me). She was walking near home. There was footage of the teen killer wheeling her in a bin. There was also the two sisters killed in a park a few months ago. That was a stranger. I can’t think of any non stranger murders in a park area. Moo

Yes, exactly. Lindsay Burbeck, I think? But I think if you went back even further you'd find more. Rachel Nickell?

BBC reports that Julia died from 'significant head injuries' :(

I don't like the sound of this paragraph from the reporter on scene

Julia James: Community officer died from significant head injuries

I think that the word baffled is a word used by the journalist rather than a direct quote from the police. I imagine the police do not want to reveal information to the press at this stage of the investigation.

In one report it says there will be a police conference at 11a.m so perhaps some more details will be released then.

11:05KEY EVENT
'No identified suspects yet'
Tom Richards said: "We do not at this stage have any identified suspects. We are keeping all options open to us while we fully investigate the circumstances of this matter and try to understand what happened."

"We do not at this stage have a motive."

11:08HENRY COLLIER
Police confirm Julia James died of 'serious head injuries'
A post mortem took place on Thursday and I can confirm she died of serious head injuires"

There is no evidence that any of her possessions were missing. The dog was at the scene unharmed when police arrived."

Police release more details into death of Julia James - live updates

11:15KEY EVENT
Police have told local residents to be 'cautious'
“This is an awful incident and an incredibly rare incident. I would encourage people to be aware of their environment around them to be vigilant and to report any concerns to the police.

Based on where we are at this stage people should be cautious and aware but people should continue with their lives”

They refused to answer most questions at the presser, giving one reason for that as being so as to not prejudice a future jury when this comes to court.

They did confirm multiple blows to the head were the cause of death. Lots of people calling in with tips that have to be sifted through.

They said that there were multiple people who found the body, but didn't go into details.

Refused to say what time Julia went out for her walk with her dog that day. Just kept saying that they really want anyone in the local area to contact them with *anything* that might have been out of the ordinary on that day or the previous day, or anything that could be suspicious.

11:24LAUREN MACDOUGALL
Colleagues 'shocked and upset'
Asked if changes had been made to policing following the attack, assistant chief constable Tom Richards said: “Policing at times can be dangerous, you can’t remove all risks from policing but we are carrying out policing in this county in the normal way.”

On the impact of the death on those who worked with her, he said: “Her colleagues are very shocked, very upset”, and are receiving support.

11:25HENRY COLLIER
Julia was not on duty and not in uniform
Tom Richards told the press that while Julia James was at work on Tuesday (April 27) but was not on duty and was not in uniform.

Hi everyone, it's grim to be back here so soon after Sarah Everard. And I am yet to read through the thread, but as soon as I heard about this, straight away there was a chilling echo of Lin and Megan Russell. It was interesting to read that the man convicted of their murders is still maintaining his innocence. And since seeing the news that this lady has died from head injuries makes me wonder... This is just my opinion and apologies if this has already been discussed.

Hi everyone, it's grim to be back here so soon after Sarah Everard. And I am yet to read through the thread, but as soon as I heard about this, straight away there was a chilling echo of Lin and Megan Russell. It was interesting to read that the man convicted of their murders is still maintaining his innocence. And since seeing the news that this lady has died from head injuries makes me wonder... This is just my opinion and apologies if this has already been discussed.

There are already calls to re-open the case of the Chillenden murders in light of this event. It seems unlikely that the same person is responsible for two attacks 25 years apart, but who knows.

Michael Stone was a violent drug addict and certainly capable of attacking people but the conviction was, in my opinion, unsafe. I am not entirely convinced Levi Bellfield was the culprit either. What is certain is they are both currently in prison so cannot have committed this crime.

It's a bit baffling the lack of information being provided by the police, wondering if they do have suspicions and are trying to trip someone up?

Also with reports of a flasher in previous days and a woman being accosted by someone in a van (as far as I know neither were reported to the police) maybe there had been reports made to the police which weren't followed up adequately?

11:05KEY EVENT
'No identified suspects yet'
Tom Richards said: "We do not at this stage have any identified suspects. We are keeping all options open to us while we fully investigate the circumstances of this matter and try to understand what happened."

"We do not at this stage have a motive."

11:08HENRY COLLIER
Police confirm Julia James died of 'serious head injuries'
A post mortem took place on Thursday and I can confirm she died of serious head injuires"

There is no evidence that any of her possessions were missing. The dog was at the scene unharmed when police arrived."

Sounding like a complete random - as in the Russell case - or someone she knew, personally or through her job who held a grudge, wbo had followed her. Shame the dog wasn't an 8st pitbull or something, she might have stood a chance.

I just watched the presser. While he made it clear that they do want people to come forward with any information that might help, I don't think I heard any specific reiteration of the appeal for dashcam footage from drivers in the area, as previously requested in the media. Could they be narrowing their sights already to an attacker who didn't arrive or leave in a vehicle?

It was also my impression that while he didn't say it directly and stressed that the investigation remains wide open at this stage, he played down the idea of a random/stranger attack and danger to the wider community.

Just my impressions.

Having watched the presser, the chief kept reiterating they're asking for people with information about anyone local acting in an unusual way. I cant seem to find this written out but it is in the recordings of if.
It seemed odd to me that he seemed to be stressing that they want info about a local person acting in an unusual way. I reckon they have a suspect, just need some more solid leads to them.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member