UK UK - Kaileb Power, 20, left to attend Manchester Pride, family got a strange text message from his phone, Wythenshawe, 24 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
2_Family-of-missing-man-20-sent-suspicious-text-from-his-phone-it-then-went-dead.jpg

The family of a missing man say they are 'terrified' for his wellbeing and safety after being sent a 'suspicious' text message hours after he was last seen. Kaileb Power is 20 and was last seen late on Saturday night leaving his home in Wythenshawe, his sister Kirah, 25, has revealed.

There's been no contact with his family at all since then - apart from what Kirah described as a 'suspicious' text message sent to their mother's mobile phone from Kaileb's mobile phone at 2pm on Sunday - around 14 hours after he left his home in the Crossacres area of Wythenshawe.

More at Family of missing man sent 'suspicious' text from his phone - it then went dead

here is the message, (from this link Family of missing man sent 'suspicious' text from his phone - it then went dead)

The family shared the message with the Manchester Evening News. All spellings and punctuation are in context.

It reads: "Hi is this [their mother's name]. I've got you Kaileb hes safe hea went pride last night really *advertiser censored***d bringing him home soon as. He said he has work and he's crying his eyes out bringing back quick as."

Really hope he is en route home...

here is the message, (from this link Family of missing man sent 'suspicious' text from his phone - it then went dead)

The family shared the message with the Manchester Evening News. All spellings and punctuation are in context.

It reads: "Hi is this [their mother's name]. I've got you Kaileb hes safe hea went pride last night really *advertiser censored***d bringing him home soon as. He said he has work and he's crying his eyes out bringing back quick as."

Really hope he is en route home...
I hope the police are checking pings on his phone. This is extraordinarily suspicious.

rbbm
1724759500436.png
'Kirah revealed Kaileb, who she described as vulnerable, was last active on the Telegram messaging service at just before 1am on Sunday morning. She said he hasn't been to the Pride celebrations in Manchester before, but believes he could have travelled into Manchester for this year's events.''

''She told the Manchester Evening News he has no money or identification, and said: "I am terrified now. At first we thought he was drunk and being stupid, but this is completely out of character."

Supermarket worker Kaileb, Kirah said, was single, but she believes he had been speaking with someone online recently.
She said: "He came home from work on the Saturday night - he would have got in at about 10.20pm. He had some food and went to his bedroom. At about midnight, my sister heard the side gate open. We thought he went for a cigarette." They heard nothing more until the text message at 2pm on Sunday.'

Glad he's safe and home. I'd like to think that text message was in good faith given the outcome - if so, what a kind and compassionate gesture to look after him and try to get him back. If genuine then it sounds like he was in quite a serious state. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haji62
Back