Found Safe UK - Karen Brown, 47, London, 17 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think because the uk labour laws are a bit different to the US, in that all workers are entitled to sick pay & 6 weeks of paid holidays annually, missing a day of work isn’t necessarily a huge red flag as it is assumed a colleague has taken a paid leave day rather than something more sinister.

Plus due to inherent ‘Britishness’ there would definitely be some erring on the side of caution about disturbing someone’s potential holiday, especially on a Saturday morning when she’d been working the night before and seemed fine.

I’m not advocating it as good form, it is poor practice, but it definitely happens.

If it is a reliable member of staff my work phone within 2 hours of a no show. I once called in sick but somehow the message was never passed on. When I woke up from a snooze I had twenty missed calls from a very concerned manager. When I spoke to him he was delighted I was ok. I like this concern, if I got murdered it would be noticed quickly!

Asda on a Saturday is probably different to an office environment though so I'm not judging Asda for this. We don't know her contract and work history etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-Scottish-grandmother.html#ixzz4vxWNHdfP

From the Dailymail article, her husband, in an appeal to his wife states: "We know you've had a lot on your mind lately and a lot on your plate and we want you to come home..."

She left her cell phone at home.

Very worrisome.

If she left with a set plan to meet someone, then perhaps she is safe somewhere, ( although her family is frightened and confused. )

If she left though with a plan for self-harm, or is in the midst of a psychotic break, then she could be in extreme danger. A grave risk to herself, or even from someone who could take advantage of her vulnerability.

How scary. Her poor family must be worried sick.

Like others here have said, I'm hoping she just needed some time away to regroup and decompress.

Positive thoughts she will return home safely...

I wonder why she went to Hamleys? I did wonder if she had taken off to do some Christmas shopping at first but as she has left her phone, purse and bag behind (although it seems she has money on her) I don't think this is the case. It seems a very definite move to leave the phone and other items behind-as though she does not want to be contacted. Wonder what she has on her mind to make her do this?

I think because the uk labour laws are a bit different to the US, in that all workers are entitled to sick pay & 6 weeks of paid holidays annually, missing a day of work isn’t necessarily a huge red flag as it is assumed a colleague has taken a paid leave day rather than something more sinister.

Plus due to inherent ‘Britishness’ there would definitely be some erring on the side of caution about disturbing someone’s potential holiday, especially on a Saturday morning when she’d been working the night before and seemed fine.

I’m not advocating it as good form, it is poor practice, but it definitely happens.
Does this mean you don't have to call in? You can just not show up?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you had a pre-booked holiday that’s correct, you wouldnt show up or call in. Which is why if a reliable employee doesn’t show up or doesn’t call in sick, i.e acts as if they have a pre-booked holiday arranged, the assumption would be that leave has been booked, unless someone knew for definitively that wasn’t the case.

I truly hope she shows up ... I keep thinking any money she had with her must be dwindling. If her purse is at home I’m assuming her cash/credits cards are, and you’d need ID for cash bookings in most hotels (not sure how strict smaller guest houses are) it’s worrying she hasn’t popped up somewhere after enquiries.

Being an English mystery with this sort of setting, the misfortune in question can't help but bring Edmund Crispin's 'The Moving Toyshop' to mind.

Good news, she was found in Glasgow city centre and is back home now.

Good news, she was found in Glasgow city centre and is back home now.

Thank you! What a huge relief for her family and friends! We don't often get good news here either, so this is great to hear.

Understandably, the family requests privacy. Wishing them peace as they all work through this nightmare they've endured...

[h=1]Missing woman traced in Glasgow after toy shop appeal
[/h]Police Scotland said she had been traced safe and well in Glasgow city centre on Sunday afternoon.

Insp John McMillan from Dumbarton Police Station said: "It is great news that Karen has come back to Glasgow and she is now heading home to her family.
"I would like to thank both the public and the media for their tremendous response to our appeal. The information and assistance provided by both has without doubt been the vital link in our inquiries and has led to Karen being found."
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41796068

A missing woman whose husband travelled to the London toy shop where she was last seen has been found in Glasgow.

Police Scotland said she had been traced safe and well in Glasgow city centre on Sunday afternoon.
Insp John McMillan from Dumbarton Police Station said: "It is great news that Karen has come back to Glasgow and she is now heading home to her family.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41796068

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back