GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the accounts from people on this thread who have been spiked if she was roofied she would be falling about the place. If she was spiked I think it was some kind of party drug like mdma which can make you less inhibited about wandering about with strangers.
In the Hannah Graham case it is widely speculated that her drink was spiked at an earlier party, causing her to remain upright, carry-on (uncharacteristically) in a black out type of phase, explaining her inexplicable wanderings. But she wasnt staggering at all. She was walking and jogging at points. She did trip once though. I'm sure so many spiked drugs can do different things. However, I'm not feeling spiked drug too much here. I feel like her body language shows me guarded curiosity, so I am trying on scenarios that fit this thought. The worst part of these tragedies to me is that moments decision where it all went bad. It haunts me.

I wonder if we'll ever find all this out. Been thinking about reasons why, on a night out with friends, one person would say they were going to the loo but then leave the club... and then never return.

Why did she leave with him and where did she think she was going? I hope he confesses all, I really do, for her family's sake as well as for my own nosy self!

I don't see any harm in confirming whether that clip is or is not from their CCTV. Why not go ahead and ask, the worst that can happen is they won't tell you. Just say it's to settle an argument, which is basically the truth.
As much as I'd like to settle this I don't think I could bring myself to do this, I'd feel like I was being far too nosy. The manager seemed pretty upset from it and I wouldn't want to bother her. If it was my local pub I'd ask but I've never even been in there before. I'm sure we will eventually know.

I wonder if we'll ever find all this out. Been thinking about reasons why, on a night out with friends, one person would say they were going to the loo but then leave the club... and then never return.

Why did she leave with him and where did she think she was going? I hope he confesses all, I really do, for her family's sake as well as for my own nosey self!

Its a question that may never be answered and will haunt Karens family and friends for life, why did she leave, leaving her jacket behind and without even a text message saying she was leaving. It seemed kind of rushed to me she went without thinking, fits in with stories suggesting he was showing her something or fed her a fake story about a friend in difficulty. The whole scenario suggests she left the club in a rush. Papers saying that her friends were sending loads of text messages and Facebook messages when she didnt return. She was a very avid user of Facebook and updated it constantly.

Did she not reply to the messages because the accused disabled her quickly after leaving the club.

As much as I'd like to settle this I don't think I could bring myself to do this, I'd feel like I was being far too nosy. The manager seemed pretty upset from it and I wouldn't want to bother her. If it was my local pub I'd ask but I've never even been in there before. I'm sure we will eventually know.

I understand. You could perhaps ask at the Rice&Noodle place though?

With skeletal hands attached? Looks like a Halloween decoration to me.

You may be right, it just looks like deep cuffs to me. But it's of no importance anyway.

Why did she leave with him and where did she think she was going? I hope he confesses all, I really do, for her family's sake as well as for my own nosey self!

If he's attempted something similar before, there may be witnesses who can throw some light on his methods. People who didn't take him up on his offer or request, I mean.

Another thing which makes me think it's not Gallus footage is that on the video at 2.12 you can see the actual monitor, some of the writing is in Chinese as if the system has been set up in that language. The R&N place is owned by Chinese people.

Not that it really matters! I'm more interested in why Church St was mentioned as wherever the CCTV is from it doesn't look like they went up there at all.
Well spotted! I did notice the chinese writing before I even assumed it was from Gallus so never thought much of it. If anyone can read chinese a translation of the writing would help. If this footage is from R&N then this means Gallus do have separate footage of Karen looking happy.

Church St was mentioned as a place they walked towards and AP said his car was parked up there. There wouldn't be many cameras on Church St compared to Dumbarton Road so perhaps AP was trying to throw the police off the scent?

If he's attempted something similar before, there may be witnesses who can throw some light on his methods. People who didn't take him up on his offer or request, I mean.

Irish media reporting on AP past dont want to say much in case it effects anything or oversteps the mark.

Well spotted! I did notice the chinese writing before I even assumed it was from Gallus so never thought much of it. If anyone can read chinese a translation of the writing would help. If this footage is from R&N then this means Gallus do have separate footage of Karen looking happy.

Church St was mentioned as a place they walked towards and AP said his car was parked up there. There wouldn't be many cameras on Church St compared to Dumbarton Road so perhaps AP was trying to throw the police off the scent?

Very possible he was doing something like that considering the story that she left his flat at 4 AM, when she was possibly dead by 2-2.30 AM if it went as the media are reporting.

I will be pretty surprised if this is his first offence against women. Likely he will have previous, which may not have been reported until this happened and someone has recognised him.

Irish media reporting on AP past dont want to say much in case it effects anything or oversteps the mark.
Did you read the Sunday World? I'm very curious where the alleged witness was when they claimed to have heard something.

Why did she leave with him and where did she think she was going? I hope he confesses all, I really do, for her family's sake as well as for my own nosy self!

I've been trying to think of reasons why I might leave with a stranger (or someone I only knew vaguely). I think I might if I was told my car had been vandalised, or similar. If it was parked nearby and somebody said they'd seen someone smashing a window for example. I might go with them to have a look and then make a call to the police. But as far as I know, that couldn't be the case here as he was the only one who had a car parked nearby.

I don't know anything about that. I meant that there may be witnesses at the trial (if there is a trial) who may offer a clue as to how he may have persuaded Karen to leave the club.

I've been trying to think of reasons why I might leave with a stranger (or someone I only knew vaguely). I think I might if I was told my car had been vandalised, or similar. If it was parked nearby and somebody said they'd seen someone smashing a window for example. I might go with them to have a look and then make a call. But as far as I know, that couldn't be the case here as he was the only one who had a car parked nearby.
Had she met him before? She doesn't look drunk enough for him to look appealing to her (not judging, just being totally honest). Besides its been stated she didn't care for one night stands. Was she in the market for a car? Had she told him something like this a previous night in the club? Could he have said, I'm selling mine come see. Ugh. I cannot rest until I know. I have a 19 year old daughter just starting out with her clubbing years, I am terrified and want to know just how such a smart beauty like Karen was lured, and hurt in such a horrific manner. Sorry to keep posting such uselessness. I am not from the UK, and can't contribute in any other way. My heart really hurts for her. I loved to travel also at her age. Such potential! And thus worthless , just makes me ill.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is who was AP at the club with, was he on his own or did he enter the club with friends? A 21 year old going to a club on his own and parking his car around the corner seems a bit odd to me.

She doesn't look drunk enough for him to look appealing to her (not judging, just being totally honest).

You mean that he doesn't look appealing to you. I'll be honest and say that the vast majority of men don't look appealing to me! But they clearly are attractive to their wives/girlfriends (or were once!)

You really can't tell much from a single photograph, some people are just not photogenic, and some people's attractiveness and charm lies in their manner and personality rather than their looks. I'm not saying that AP is an attractive individual in any sense, but we really should not make such assumptions.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is who was AP at the club with, was he on his own or did he enter the club with friends? A 21 year old going to a club on his own and parking his car around the corner seems a bit odd to me.
I don't think we will find that out until the trial. AP has a decent amount of friends on FB so unlikely he was a loner type that went out alone. I'd say he was there with a friend. He seems to be friends with several bar staff so maybe he went out a lot.

As for the knife it probably isn't relevant to the case, there are probably dozens of knifes in that canal as people fish in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen