Found Deceased UK - Karl Pyle, 32, last seen leaving an address in Ryton, Tyne & Wear, family expected him to return home but not seen since, 6 March 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
#MISSING Officers leading the search for Newcastle man Karl Pyle are appealing for information – 3️⃣ weeks to the day since he was last seen by his family.

Karl was last seen leaving an address on Whernside Walk in Ryton on the morning of March 6 and his family expected him to return to his home in Blucher.

But the 32-year-old has not been in contact with his family or friends since and he remains missing - despite extensive enquiries carried out by police to find him.

Officers searching for Karl are growing increasingly concerned for his welfare and are urging him – or anyone who has seen him – to get in touch.

We want to ensure he is safe and well. Karl is described as a white male, approximately 6ft of medium build. He was last seen wearing a dark-coloured T-shirt and black tracksuit bottoms.

Superintendent Scott Cowie said: “Ever since Karl was reported as missing three weeks ago, we have been carrying out a range of enquiries in a bid to find him and make sure he's safe.

“Unfortunately those enquiries have yet to lead us to Karl's location – and tonight, exactly three weeks since his disappearance, I am appealing to our communities to let us know if they have heard from him or know where he’s staying.

“Your information, no matter how insignificant you feel it may be, could prove key to our search. We all just want to make sure Karl is OK and I’d ask anybody who thinks they’ve seen him to get in touch.”

☎️ Karl, or anyone who knows where he may be, is asked to ring 101 immediately quoting log NP-20230314-0286.

Screenshot_20230328-191244_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg

3 days would be a bit concerning....3 WEEKS is ridiculous!
How has this not been in the news in the UK?
Do we have so many missing people it doesn't matter anymore?!

For me, 3 weeks goes way beyond the 'laying low, staying with a friend, getting your head together' time and it starts to become sinister and scary that something nefarious may have happened.

An article in the local press states that a police presence at flats in Tynemouth on Tuesday afternoon (28 Mar 2023) is said to be linked to the search for missing man Karl Pyle. The article does not say how Karl is connected to the flats.

Chronicle Live newspaper article

Interesting. One to watch.

A distraught dad has told how he has been searching the banks of the Tyne for his son who went missing almost three weeks ago.

Karl Pyle was last seen leaving his cousin's house in Ryton, Gateshead, early in the morning of March 6 after an argument, and his father, Kevin Pyle, says he thinks the most likely scenario is that Karl started to walk home to his house in Blucher, Newcastle, over the bridge at Newburn.

But the 32-year-old landscape gardener and owner of Jade's Deli in West Denton did not arrive home and his family is appealing to anyone who may have seen him to get in touch.

"Karl suffered with mental health issues and he has gone missing before, but never for this long," said Kevin. "We are especially worried because he speaks to his nine-year-old daughter, who lives with his first wife, every single night without fail and he has not spoken to her since March 5. She is absolutely distraught, as is the whole family.

"I have spent the last fortnight walking the banks of the Tyne at Newburn at low tide twice a day, in case he fell in to the water that morning. We just want to know what has happened to him and want him back safe with us."

Kevin, who lives in Fenham with Karl's mum, Karen, said their ordeal had started in the early hours of Sunday, March 5, when they received a call from Karl's wife saying that he was having a mental health crisis and was self-harming. "Karen and I immediately went to his house at Blucher and brought him home to ours," said. "He spent all day at hours on the Sunday and although he was drinking, he seemed to be OK. Then at tea-time, he decided to go to his cousin's house in Ryton, as they are very close.

"At some point during the night, they had an argument and Karl walked out. That is the last anyone has seen of him, and we reported him missing to the police later the same day.

"Obviously we don't know what has happened to him, where he went or what he did after he left his cousin's house, but I think the he most likely started to walk home across the bridge at Newburn, which is why I am going there at low tide to see if there's any sign of him."

[...]

My first thought when I saw he was in Ryton, was the river. If he had gone in, I sadly spect he has been swept down towards the coast.

Some sad news to bring you this afternoon - officers searching for missing Newcastle man Karl Pyle have sadly found a body.

Karl, 32, was last seen leaving an address on Whernside Walk in Ryton on Monday, March 6, and his family expected him to return to his home in Blucher.

Extensive enquiries have since been carried out by officers to find him.

Sadly, yesterday, a body which we believe to be that of Karl was discovered in the Newburn area of Newcastle.

Although formal identification is yet to take place, we have informed Karl’s family of this development and are supporting them.

Police do not believe there to be any third party involvement and a report will be made for the coroner.

We would ask that the privacy of Karl’s family is respected as they come to terms with what has happened.

Our thoughts remain firmly with them at this extremely difficult time and we will continue to offer them all the support they need.

Thank you to all of the officers who took part in the searches to find Karl, as well as partner agencies and those in the wider community who shared our appeal to locate him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe
Back