GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fair point about absent fathers, but the wife didn't raise them, nor did the children so by your logic it's not the fault of mother or children. I think leaving kids at home for a couple hours between the time they finish school and you get home from work is pretty normal, it's been happening for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for making that point. Reading all the posts I couldn't stop thinking that pretty much everyone I knew growing up and that my teenage daughter knows now are latch key kids. Plus, most of them have the responsibility of watching younger sibling(s) for 2-3 hours between getting out of school and adults getting home. I've never heard of any of those kids being harmed or even in danger because they're home with only an older sibling supervising. I watched my brother after school in junior high and later in high school I watched 3 girls (all elementary school age or younger) and there were never any issues.

<modsnip>

There's so many possibilities here and it's easy to speculate when so little is known at this time. I'm sure LE will do a thorough investigation and we will learn more over the coming days. No one in law enforcement wants to drop the ball when they're investigating the murder of a child. Plus, more than anything I hope the family gets answers and Katie gets justice.

Thank you for making that point. Reading all the posts I couldn't stop thinking that pretty much everyone I knew growing up and that my teenage daughter knows now are latch key kids. Plus, most of them have the responsibility of watching younger sibling(s) for 2-3 hours between getting out of school and adults getting home. I've never heard of any of those kids being harmed or even in danger because they're home with only an older sibling supervising. I watched my brother after school in junior high and later in high school I watched 3 girls (all elementary school age or younger) and there were never any issues.

<modsnip>
There's so many possibilities here and it's easy to speculate when so little is known at this time. I'm sure LE will do a thorough investigation and we will learn more over the coming days. No one in law enforcement wants to drop the ball when they're investigating the murder of a child. Plus, more than anything I hope the family gets answers and Katie gets justice.

UK media won't make that announcement nor will police , if found guilty she will get life long protection and anonymity ,

<modsnip> jealousy might me a motive but I suspect there is something sinister at play here , she sliced her throat open so her plan was always death to be the final outcome <modsnip>

The remand order in court today will tell us a great deal ... if it's secure detention facility and not a mental health facility then we are dealing once again in the U.K. With barbaric crimes by children on children

Can we link the FB of the girl arrested for the crime?

No, as set out upthread. IOW, if she can't be identified, she just can't be identified.

... unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult.

DM reporting Katie was killed with a Stanley knife. Makes it even worse for me, those things scare the life out of me anyway, and why the hell would a 15 year old have one?!?

I can see a jealous teen shoving or hitting or beating <modsnip>... But slitting their throat?? Surely there must be some kind of mental illness or personality disorder here to make such an extreme reaction possible.

DM reporting Katie was killed with a Stanley knife. Makes it even worse for me, those things scare the life out of me anyway, and why the hell would a 15 year old have one?!?

A Stanley knife is a very short blade. Can you imagine trying to kill someone with one?? It would be hard work... If it's true then this wasn't just losing her temper and flailing about with a knife, she would have to restrain the kid and then intentionally cut the right place on the throat to kill her... Intentional and cold-blooded :( :(

I can see a jealous teen shoving or hitting or beating <modsnip>... But slitting their throat?? Surely there must be some kind of mental illness or personality disorder here to make such an extreme reaction possible.

Especially with such an age difference.

As it is the Daily Wail reporting may not be accurate? Not that I know, but craft knives are common for artwork and used by children in schools. Very sharp though.

<modnsip>
A Stanley knife is something that can be carried around for all kinds of reasons, although a 15 year old having one is strange. Cutting a young childs throat is definitely not something that is done in the heat of the moment so this has a feel of some level of premeditation I think, although doing it in a public place is odd.

Very sad all round, RIP little Katie :(

<modsnip>I feel that for a 7yo to have not been with her parents after school indicates that she must have been with a close and trusted family member.

Girl, 15, in court over murder of Katie Rough, 7, in Alness Drive, Woodthorpe, York

A 15-year-old girl has appeared in court charged with murdering York seven-year-old Katie Rough.

The defendant is also charged with possession of an offensive weapon, namely a stanley knife.

She appeared at York Magistrates Court this morning and has been remanded in secure youth custody and is due to appear at Leeds Crown Court on Friday.

She was accompanied in the dock by Nigel Pepper of the Youth Offending Team.

The defendant has a legal right to anonymity due to her age.

Katie was found with serious injuries in a field behind Alness Drive in Woodthorpe on Monday afternoon and died in hospital.

Totally O/T but Nigel Pepper used to play for York City in the 90's and was captain when I used to have a season ticket. Not the most common of names so I checked it out and it IS the same Nigel Pepper. Fair play to the guy for his post football career choice!

UK law means the 15 yrs old identity is to not be revealed. We need to be careful what we speculate about. I know it sucks for the sleuther but it is what it is..

Is this a new law because we knew the names of James Bulgers killers

I can't decide if that would be a good or a bad move, I am really conflicted.

Pictures from the poor little girl's funeral should remove any doubt, reporting restrictions or not

Thanks, good to hear a different point of view on this site, currently the local social media is in its usual frenzy demanding capital punishment is bought back <modsnip>

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/n...-York-7450996b-f84e-444b-91f7-c1896a3b909c-ds

<modsnip>

She described how she saw the mother on her knees crying in the road.

<modsnip>

I think its more common than we think my husband and his brother have had awful fights one of them resulting in my husband having 80 stitches in his neck, if my kids ever try to fight (they have done) it frightens me so much I have as a result been down casualty with the pair of them together there is nothing worse as you love them both can't imagine these poor parents and what they are feeling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back