GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped from Leicester Mercury article.

Mr Metzer ( SBs barrister ) is questioning LH and talking about the alleged argument between SB and LH.

Mr Metzer said: "That woke Kayleigh up. She asked why you were fighting and Mr Beadman told her it was because she was 15 and you were trying to sleep with her.

"The argument was quite lengthy and Kayleigh was awake for the latter part of it.

"Kayleigh then said she wanted to leave. Kayleigh walked out of the property and no one attempted to stop her.

"She leaves because she's upset by what she learns and chooses to leave the flat.

"Mr Beadman followed her out of your property."

I appreciate that SB is no doubt making up a story ( or parts of the story ) but it leads me to wonder how the prosecution were able to say that Kayleigh was half naked when she left the house.
SB does not appear to be saying this - and there is only one other witness, the man who saw Kayleigh being restrained on the floor by SB - and that witness could not say what Kayleigh was wearing, because SBs body blocked his view.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/k...le-she-slept/story-29423530-detail/story.html

Hi all, recognise most of you from the Becky Watts trial. Only just realised this trial is taking place due to poor national coverage. - bringing myself up to speed with the hope of contributing later

Hi all, recognise most of you from the Becky Watts trial. Only just realised this trial is taking place due to poor national coverage. - bringing myself up to speed with the hope of contributing later

Hi, good to see you Bos and yes I think most of Team Becky are here!! Luckily you haven't got too much to catch up on, head to the Leicester Mercury for daily catch ups.

Just read on Twitter that defence case finished, Beadman won't be giving evidence

Thanks Cagney, also just seen on Leicester Mercury that No evidence being entered by Mr Beadman so closing statements expected when court resumes this pm

Just read on Twitter that defence case finished, Beadman won't be giving evidence

Oh, I wonder if that's why they finished early this morning. How odd.

I have been lurking here for some time. It's so difficult to read. To me what it all boils down to is these two filthy slugs fought over assaulting her like two mangy dogs over a scrap of meat. It hurts that there were neighbors who heard banging and screaming yet she wasn't rescued. My heart breaks. Back to reading.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have been lurking here for some time. It's so difficult to read. To me what it all boils down to is these two filthy slugs fought over assaulting her like two mangy dogs over a scrap of meat. It hurts that there were neighbors who heard banging and screaming yet she wasn't rescued. My heart breaks. Back to reading.

Welcome Ninij9 :)

That's what I keep thinking, I'd probably be called a curtain twitcher by some but if I hear screaming, shouting, banging, glass smashing etc then I'm having a nosey and my phone is in my hand ready to call 999! I'm a woman living on my own with my children so I'm not about to go out in the dead of night with my sleeves rolled up but anyone can dial 999 and have help to a situation in minutes.

I have to assume we are only hearing snippets of the evidence and summing up.
Because surely, if LH has admitted that Kayleigh's coat, shoes and bag were left in his house, then why has he not been asked how her bag ended up in a skip and where are her coat and shoes ?
He must have removed these items from his house on the Sunday, before he was arrested late that night ( early hours Monday ) so that doesnt sound like someone who expected that Kayleigh would come back to collect them. It sounds like someone doing a cover up.

Welcome Ninij9 :)

That's what I keep thinking, I'd probably be called a curtain twitcher by some but if I hear screaming, shouting, banging, glass smashing etc then I'm having a nosey and my phone is in my hand ready to call 999! I'm a woman living on my own with my children so I'm not about to go out in the dead of night with my sleeves rolled up but anyone can dial 999 and have help to a situation in minutes.
I guess I'm a curtain twitcher as well then! It would take less than this for me to call 911. I couldn't imagine my daughter in this kind of situation where people actually heard something, and nothing was done. I'm not trying to place blame on anyone. Maybe it was a regularly noisy neighborhood? But I do find that it makes her story so much more tragic.

Having read the trials each day I think it's going to be hard for the jurors. As LHs barrister said what he's done is wrong and you are disgusted by what he's done. But he's pleaded guilty to those things. I think it'd be hard to decide on the false imprisonment alone. I am not 100% sure on whether he held her against her will or not still.

SB on the other hand, being seen chasing her, coupled with the screams... makes me think that he did - but then that takes me back to LH. It would have been in his house. So does that mean that LH helped keep her against her will?

I don't envy the jury coming to their decision.

Passage from today's Leicester Mercury updates:-

11:59 Beadman's lack of testimony "frustrating"
Mr Metzer concedes that Mr Beadman's failure to give evidence will have frustrated the jury.

He says: "Mr Beadman has chosen, as is his right, not to give evidence. You might feel a sense of frustration, disappointment and even anger."

However, Mr Metzer stresses it is up to the prosecution to prove the case.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/k...tory-29430551-detail/story.html#ixzz4CJ2NmXvj
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

I still can't believe that after what this animal has done he has a choice as to whether he wants to give evidence or not. It's disgusting.

So we've now gone from kh being that drunk lh had to help her to the loo to the screams coming from kh when she was sliding down the bannister!!!! So maybe not so unsteady on her feet after all??? What does everyone else think?

12:22 "Kayleigh sliding down bannister could explain screaming"
Mr Metzer tells the jury that screams heard by neighbours could be attributed by the sound Kayleigh made when, at one point, she slid down the bannister in Harlow's house.

He also says that while loud bangs were heard, neighbours have also said the walls are "paper thin" and the three in Harlow's house were drinking.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/k...tory-29430551-detail/story.html#ixzz4CJ4lcFJ9
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Both closing arguments finished.

Court due to resume tomorrow AM.

I find it astonishing PinkButterfly, the reasons barristers come up with to try and clear their clients. I know it's their job, but still at times I find myself shaking my head.

I particularly disliked the part about SB pointing the police in the general direction, in order to find Kayleigh's body. I know a barrister has to work with whatever meagre stuff he has, but that still made SB sound like some kind of hero for doing this service....albeit, it took him 3 days to do so, after his arrest.

Will be most interesting to see what the Judge says in her closing remarks and how she directs the Jury. I dont think they will take too long to reach verdicts.

I think I would have to give Harlow the benefit of the doubt.
As for Beadman, he's going down for rape and murder anyway so I don't think it matters greatly. Guilty.

I dont know either Rainbow re LH.

He has form for approaching under age girls and is on record as saying he wants to keep them locked up and that he wants to have sex with unconscious girls.
However, this is just what he says. No proof he has ever done that.
The noises heard at 10pm, could have been Kayleigh trying to escape.
The witnesses talked about hearing 2 men arguing, which could mean that LH was not asleep, as he claims, when Kayleigh tried to leave the house - but there is no proof that he tried to restrain her.
Laundering his clothes on the Sunday morning - covering something up ?
There was obviously some kind of fight - but between LH and who ?

I think a lot more went on in his house than either of them are admitting - but I dont see any real proof or strong circumstantial evidence for the Jury to work with against LH.

I'm leaning towards unproven for LH, depending upon his injuries and if it might appear that they were caused by Kayleigh. If LH had a fight with SB then why would he not say so? My guess is SB removed her trousers and tried to rape her in the house.

If Kayleigh scratched LH I think his DNA would have been under her finger nails.

Very difficult to judge from what we've heard. Alyce you mentioned that the neighbour couldn't see Kayleigh's clothing properly but he did say he assumed or thought she was wearing a mini skirt. If she'd been wearing trousers I think he'd not have said that.

Stuff knocked over in the flat and SB admitting he tried to kiss her and she got scared, I'm thinking Kayleigh put up a real fight with SB and ran out undressed to escape him. But does LH claim to have been sleeping in the same room on a mattress?

I think and hope the jury will have more to go on than we have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz
Back