GUILTY UK - Lauren Malt, 19, killed by father, Norfolk, Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His defence is that he thought she was a wheelie bin......

Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
"By the spring of 2021, Malt had twice assaulted his wife, resulting in him being arrested and released on bail with conditions not to contact his wife, who worked at a shop in West Winch, or visit her.
Mr Jackson said by January 23 this year the defendant's relationship with his family was "broken" but "it was something he was not prepared to accept".
Malt had gone to Leete Way to knock for his daughter but she did not let him in.
Between 6.25pm and 6.52pm he tried to call his daughter 19 times but all calls went unanswered.
He tried three further times to call his daughter and at 7.14pm she answered.
Following a call lasting just over a minute the defendant drove to Leete Way.
He arrived at 7.21pm and armed with a crowbar began arguing with Lauren and her boyfriend."

Unless in knocking her over the wheelie bin was also knocked over, this sounds odd. The sound of a wheelie bin going over is quite distinctive, we've all heard it in windy weather...I can't see the similarity of sound to that of a human being crashed into and knocked to the ground?

What a horrific case.
Alleged: domestic violence against his wife twice, then killing his daughter in a fit of rage, then taking her severely injured or deceased to his wife at her work (to see his wife's agony?), before taking his daughter to the hospital... All the while driving while intoxicated, putting more lives at risk?
I think he sounds like a violent psychopath.

(Reposting link from above:

Her poor mum....

Update from today

Giving evidence on Friday (July 1), Karen Malt said she received a phone call from Malt just before 7.30pm, while she was at work in the West Winch village store.
She said it was a panicked call in which Malt said: "I've run her over, I've run her over. Your daughter's dead."

He told his estranged wife he would bring Lauren to her and she ran out of the shop to see Malt, who had pulled up outside.
Mrs Malt said: "I couldn't see her in the car. I opened the front door and she was screwed up in the footwell."

Lauren Malt murder trial: Witness describes father Nigel Malt's demeanour after running daughter over in West Winch

In police interview the day after the tragedy in West Winch, Leete Way resident Stephanie Wilkinson said Nigel Malt had deliberately reversed at speed after slowly driving forward.
“He just stopped and whacked it in reverse straight away,” she said, in evidence heard at Norwich Crown Court today.
“It wasn’t as if he was trying to turn around or backing up a little bit – it was too fast for that.

I know its only a snippet of what was said but his quotes and how he talks about Lauren are really odd

Agreed - it seems very awkward.

"It's just a mistake, it's horrible, bless her...... He went on to say: "I loved that girl so much - she's been my right arm or whatever."

More from his police interview:

He said: "I reversed back heard this noise and thought 'whatever is that?'
"I heard a bang and thought it was a wheelie bin I had hit. There's always wheelie bins on that side.
I pulled forward and realised it was my baby.
I didn't realise it was my baby.
When I got out I was devastated.
She was just in a mess.
She didn't look well."

Closing statements from the defence and prosecution

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads