Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leah Croucher: Parents talk of trolling three years after disappearance

“Speaking on the third anniversary of her disappearance, her mother, Claire Croucher, said: "I think it's actually getting harder... at the beginning I had lots of people around me saying she's going to show up any minute, it's all going to be fine, but obviously three years down the line we're still totally unaware of what happened to her."

She said there were now "even more unanswered questions as we've had a lot longer to think... it's soul-destroying".”

Heartbreaking. Praying they get some answers soon.

Today (15/2) marks the third anniversary of the disappearance of Leah Croucher in Milton Keynes, and we are renewing our appeal to the public to help to locate her.

‼️We urge you, if you have any information, no matter how small, please report it to us by calling 101 quoting reference number 43190049929, or Operation Dawlish.

Information can be left via our dedicated website for this investigation, which is Public Portal.

Please share and help us find Leah.

More info ℹ️ ➡️ bit.ly/3GSxR6t

Footage courtesy of ITV. (see link)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-photos-missing-leah-croucher-26233220
"Missing Leah Croucher: Police hunting for teen release photo of mystery figure by lake"

Why now? Who? Is the dog signifcant? Is there more to this than first seems? Or are they clutching at straws? JMO MOO

IMO they are clutching at straws.

The TVP believe that there is some hope that Leah is still alive:

Police retain 'some hope' that missing Milton Keynes woman Leah Croucher may still be alive on third anniversary of her disappearance

Three years is awful, poor family. I can remember when six weeks seemed far too long. And other horrific cases in the news, played out and taken to court in what seemed like endless times, all within those same three years.

Whoever knows where the phone/s Leah was using are, please submit a tip to the portal mentioned previously. Or send them to the cop shop FAO Operation Dawlish.

Give the police tips or evidence - just talk.

IMO they are clutching at straws.

The TVP believe that there is some hope that Leah is still alive:

Police retain 'some hope' that missing Milton Keynes woman Leah Croucher may still be alive on third anniversary of her disappearance
The thing I struggle with about the police believing this is there is also no evidence of Leah making arrangements to leave herself. Her case reminds me of the Andrew Gosden Case but he actually bought a train ticket, got on a train and disappeared. With Leah she was just walking to work, she doesn't drive so would of had to get on public transport to disappear yet there is no evidence of her doing this whatsoever! Which makes me think she must've got into a car with someone she knew as you don't just vanish into thin air! All MOO

Hi guys its been ages since I've been here but seeing it was 3 years since this poor lass vanished made me look again. I've stuck to my idea what happened from the start and I stick by it
Its not rocket science to work out what happened its just a case of finding evidence and where the family have put her

Last edited:
Hi guys its been ages since I've been here but seeing it was 3 years since this poor lass vanished made me look again. I've stuck to my idea what happened from the start and I stick by it
Its not rocket science to work out what happened its just a case of finding evidence and where the family have put her

So what's your theory? If it's not 'rocket science' it must be a simple idea, please share as AFAIK this is your first post on LC's thread o_O

So what's your theory? If it's not 'rocket science' it must be a simple idea, please share as AFAIK this is your first post on LC's thread o_O
Sorry if I sounded blasé but from the beginning of this case my theory has been an honour killing. Just say Leah had been having an affair with X who was married/engaged (can't remember which). He was just been using her for sex and is not serious about her. Valentines night she tells him she's pregnant. They argue. He tells a family member what's happening. Family member says it needs sorted or Xs life will be ruined and bring dishonor to the family. X contacts Leah meet me tomorrow to discuss the situation. X goes to work hence his clear alibi. Family member meets Leah saying X wants me to take you to him. Leah gets in car and is 'disappeared'. Problem solved family honour remains in tact. Just my opinion as I say but what I've thought all along

Sorry if I sounded blasé but from the beginning of this case my theory has been an honour killing. Just say Leah had been having an affair with X who was married/engaged (can't remember which). He was just been using her for sex and is not serious about her. Valentines night she tells him she's pregnant. They argue. He tells a family member what's happening. Family member says it needs sorted or Xs life will be ruined and bring dishonor to the family. X contacts Leah meet me tomorrow to discuss the situation. X goes to work hence his clear alibi. Family member meets Leah saying X wants me to take you to him. Leah gets in car and is 'disappeared'. Problem solved family honour remains in tact. Just my opinion as I say but what I've thought all along

I have to say, it makes the most sense. JMO MOO

I don't believe its an honour killing. I guess she caught a lift with someone or she's in the lake.

Can anyone locate where she is standing in the new photo?

I don't believe its an honour killing. I guess she caught a lift with someone or she's in the lake.

Can anyone locate where she is standing in the new photo?

I struggle with Leah being in (any of) the lake(s). it’s a well used area, a scuffle and getting someone into the lake takes time and isn’t easy to disguise in daylight- that would mean she was removed and returned in darkness- I don’t think you’d return to the scene of an abduction to dispose of the body.

There’s also been no sign of disturbance mentioned at the lake- no items have been found and the lakes are often used by diving clubs. Mk only has bodies of water (mainly lakes, and a canal again it’s not fSt moving and all the rivers like the Ouze are highly walked and used) nothing particularly fast moving that would take anything away swiftly. Something would turn up. I know drains have been mentioned but again I think highly unlikely.

Yes, Leah could have entered a car and this to me is the most likely scenario in any of the discussed possibilities. Including those of Mr X. I think part of the answer would have been found on vehicles but there’s never been any focused police search requests looking for cars or footage ,not like SE case. Which baffles me.

I did float the idea of a capture and holding. When there was the request to check gardens and sheds. But having seen many other cases since; it’s seems fairly usual to ask this- more so in runaway cases though- and I do not believe this is a planned run away nor suicide.

edited for typo.

I struggle with Leah being in (any of) the lake(s). it’s a well used area, a scuffle and getting someone into the lake takes time and isn’t easy to disguise in daylight- that would mean she was removed and returned in darkness- I don’t think you’d return to the scene of an abduction to dispose of the body.

There’s also been no sign of disturbance mentioned at the lake- no items have been found and the lakes are often used by diving clubs. Mk only has bodies of water (mainly lakes, and a canal again it’s not fSt moving and all the rivers like the Ouze are highly walked and used) nothing particularly fast moving that would take anything away swiftly. Something would turn up. I know drains have been mentioned but again I think highly unlikely.

Yes, Leah could have entered a car and this to me is the most likely scenario in any of the discussed possibilities. Including those of Mr X. I think part of the answer would have been found on vehicles but there’s never been any focused police search requests looking for cars or footage ,not like SE case. Which baffles me.

I did float the idea of a capture and holding. When there was the request to check gardens and sheds. But having seen many other cases since; it’s seems fairly usual to ask this- more so in runaway cases though- and I do not believe this is a planned run away nor suicide.

edited for typo.

JMO but I have always believed that the TVP overlooked the possibility that Leah could have entered a vehicle when they were viewing the CCTV footage at the time. I think they were solely focused on looking for Leah walking around the area somewhere, and by the time it dawned on them that Leah had potentially entered a vehicle it was too late - any footage they could have looked at had been wiped. This was a massive oversight by the TVP.

Also, what about the taxi journeys Leah's family said she had taken in the weeks and months before she went missing. £13 a time, did the police investigate where she went to in these journeys? Did they enquire with the taxi firm which drivers had taken Leah to her destination? Did she give an address where she was going to? Did someone meet her when she got out of the taxi? Did any of the drivers know this person? Was there more than one person who met her when she left the taxi? When did Leah make these journeys, evenings, weekends or both?

The evening before Leah disappeared she went out from 6.00 - 7.15, did the TVP check with any taxi firms to see if she had got a taxi to/from anywhere that evening? Did they check to see if Leah's phone had registered on any of the local taxi firms records that evening?

Did the TVP even bother to check any of this?

JMO but I have always believed that the TVP overlooked the possibility that Leah could have entered a vehicle when they were viewing the CCTV footage at the time. I think they were solely focused on looking for Leah walking around the area somewhere, and by the time it dawned on them that Leah had potentially entered a vehicle it was too late - any footage they could have looked at had been wiped. This was a massive oversight by the TVP.

rsbm

Just out of interest, why do you think they would have overlooked that possibility? Have they ever said anything that gave that impression? I would have thought in a missing person case, the possibility of abduction would always be in everybody's mind, but I didn't follow this case from the start so I don't have a good sense of how things unfolded at the time.

rsbm

Just out of interest, why do you think they would have overlooked that possibility? Have they ever said anything that gave that impression? I would have thought in a missing person case, the possibility of abduction would always be in everybody's mind, but I didn't follow this case from the start so I don't have a good sense of how things unfolded at the time.

Mainly because of this:

MK Citizen Monday 15 February 2021:

Police officers have spent hours talking to Leah's friends and minutely examining her texts and social media interactions with them. Equally they have scrutinised CCTV at every possible point on her two mile walk to work, from her house on Quantock Crescent, Emerson Valley to the DFC finance company's offices in Davy Avenue, Knowlhill, where she had an admin job.

Frustratingly there are large gaps in Leah's route where there was no CCTV two years ago. Police spent days door knocking houses on the route she could have taken. Many had security CCTV or doorbells that film people close to their houses - but none had detailed images of people walking past.

"You can see little black blobs - they could be anyone," says DCI Howard.

It seems they were primarily looking at Leah's walk to work and following the 'little black blobs' and maybe because of this focus they could well of overlooked other possibilities such as getting into a vehicle.

Also this:

MK Citizen Friday 22 February 2019:

Thames Valley Police Chief Inspector Neil Kentish said there have been two unconfirmed sightings of a female who "may be Leah" in the area of the Teardrop Lakes at approximately 8.45am on February 15, and that searches are being carried out.

"We would like to hear from anybody with CCTV or dash cam footage from Furzton, Emerson Valley, Shenley Lodge, Knowlhill and surrounding roads on Friday the 15th between 8am and 11am."

Why just the 3 hour time slot? As they had no idea what had happened to Leah that day surely they should have kept their options open and ask for footage from all of Friday not just the 3 hours they asked for. Did they check any petrol station footage from that day to see if Leah was in any vehicle that had pulled in for petrol or maybe even for food or drink?

I presume the 11.00 cut-off point came about because of the 3 witnesses who believed they saw Leah at Furzton Lake between 9.30 - 11.00 that morning. If the police did believe these sightings at the time then after the last sighting at around 11.00 what did they think had happened to Leah after this - did they consider that she might have been waiting for someone to arrive and pick her up in a vehicle, did it enter their line of thinking at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro