Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Given what we know so far and let’s face it, there are a lot of gaps in the evidence that has been made public, there was a reason that particular house/address was involved. Whether it be its location versus the victim’s route to work/her home/the lake/it’s empty status/an overseas owner - whatever…. It’s not just a random house in all of this, the fact NM had access to it as easily as he seemingly did, suggests it was all pre-planned and for that reason he had to have an accomplice in all of this. Where was he getting money from to travel up and down the country switching cars/phones/ID, pay rent, buy tools, have a work van (presumably he had means of transport if he was pretending to be a genuine handyman) etc whilst on the run? He’d been in and out of jail so he must have been getting some help from somewhere.

BBM
I have head this mentioned a few times in this case, seemingly suggesting Leah didn't turn off location on purpose maybe but inadvertently as part of an app install. I haven't heard of apps disabling location services for the entire phone before, does anyone have any examples of apps which are known to do this, beyond apps specifically designed for this purpose, which would basically mean Leah turned location off on purpose.
There's no report of Leah turning off her location on 3 Feb, the night she said she was meeting friends but went to another hotel. She lied to her parents about that, but if she was concerned about someone checking her location that would have been a time to do it, but she didn't.

Then again, why have location deliberately and permanently turned on at all?

There's no report of Leah turning off her location on 3 Feb, the night she said she was meeting friends but went to another hotel. She lied to her parents about that, but if she was concerned about someone checking her location that would have been a time to do it, but she didn't.

I haven’t heard of an update disabling location services either. There could have been a number of scenarios both intentional and unintentional that turned them off. I personally have mine on all the time now but a few years ago when I was on a tighter budget and didn’t have a phone plan with unlimited data, I would frequently turn the location services on and off depending on whether I needed them so they weren’t drawing extra data. Would have looked super shifty if someone had pulled the records. :)

<quoted post and response to it were removed for no link/social media rumor>

But that’s not the only way he could have gotten money. There are so many under the table jobs with no security checks.
I haven’t read any allegations of the involvement of others (again, might have missed it) but this is not a crime that appears to have required accomplices. I can imagine people knowing about his previous offences and covering for him based on his version of events for those, but getting involved in a murder is quite a big jump from that IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
At work they have all the national newspapers in the staff room, I remember vividly reading in at least one that while on the run he was living on what they subtly called ‘caravan sites’

Given the cost of renting a caravan at holiday parks (£1000+ a week) plus the need for a credit card to book it is highly unlikely he was staying at the likes of Hoburns etc so I am 99% certain they mean traveller encampments, but I could be wrong of course
I do wonder if the net was closing in on his previous assault that he was running from or whoever was aiding and abetting were about to withdraw that help if for example they had learnt about LM’s fate and that led to him taking his own life?

I do wonder if the net was closing in on his previous assault that he was running from or whoever was aiding and abetting were about to withdraw that help if for example they had learnt about LM’s fate and that led to him taking his own life?
If he took his own life at all that is - possible imho he was bumped off to silence him so that he doesn’t name names of others he was involved in, or he had a falling out with drug dealers etc. Very easy to force someone to hang themselves at gunpoint or have the hanging done for you etc (Russians are masters of that for example not that am implying any Russian connection)

He was an experienced criminal who had been to jail on multiple occasions so I don’t think fear of going back to jail would be enough to take his own life, it is possible guilt/remorse over Leah tipped him over the edge but I don’t think a hardened paedophile/serial rapist has much regard for human life in the first place as sexual abuse/rape victims suffer terrible psychological trauma they never recover from

My location services are always on because I use a lot of apps that need access to my location.

This includes fitness apps tracking steps, walks, runs, bike rides. Plus travel apps for bike/scooter hire, buses, trains, journey planners, parking. I have an app for my car which tells me where I parked it. Then there’s apps which determine which restaurant/bar you are in so you can order from the app.

Some apps have the option to run in the background and be ‘always on’, tracking steps and/or location for rewards. Others use notifications to tell you what’s nearby or can send updates about a place you’re visiting.

Even if you didn’t have any apps tracking location in the background or anyone tracking your location it would be a pain to turn location services on and off if you use apps frequently.

A couple of items this morning in MSM, although nothing new to update:

Was about to post the link to BBC one strangely enough.
Whilst it indeed does not tell us any more, I do find it interesting the remains remain unidentified. You'd have thought they would have matched dental records or something by now surely?

A couple of items this morning in MSM, although nothing new to update:

I do find it interesting that the Bucks local paper have the police stating its a complex scene. Sounds like they feel their is more to find on site...

I know it has been discussed in detail here before re convicted rapist Joseph Mcann. It is known he abducted and raped his victims using a car, one of which appears to be a 'shiny black car', then taking them to different and it appears random addresses.
There was a report of a witness describing a man in a black car 'pushing' his passenger down in the seat.
Although JMs attacks were reported as starting April 2019, he is known to have been 'free' in Feb 19 and not a million miles from the area.
Am wondering if the suggestion NM had traveller connections if there would possibly be a link here? JMO.

Whilst it indeed does not tell us any more, I do find it interesting the remains remain unidentified. You'd have thought they would have matched dental records or something by now surely?
This would then suggest that the body was dismembered, the police did say it would be complicated.

Teeth could have been removed by the perp or no skull (less hair samples) has been located as of yet.

Last edited:
I do find it interesting that the Bucks local paper have the police stating its a complex scene. Sounds like they feel their is more to find on site...
I would assume that the crime scene began downstairs even from within the garage and then up the stairs, into the bathroom and then the loft. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the garden area will be part of it too. That is a wide area to forensically examine and would take a long time, virtually everything will have to come up. Because it happened so long ago, it will take a lot more work to find evidence, but it will be there somewhere.

Yes and surely the home owner would have got wind that he was a sexual offender post suicide? Everyone can do a Google search on a name… The owner knows more
Depends what name the owners had.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for no link/social media rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it has been discussed in detail here before re convicted rapist Joseph Mcann. It is known he abducted and raped his victims using a car, one of which appears to be a 'shiny black car', then taking them to different and it appears random addresses.
There was a report of a witness describing a man in a black car 'pushing' his passenger down in the seat.
Although JMs attacks were reported as starting April 2019, he is known to have been 'free' in Feb 19 and not a million miles from the area.
Am wondering if the suggestion NM had traveller connections if there would possibly be a link here? JMO.
The man had a dark 'mop top' haircut and apparently the witness, who was some distance away, knew he was wearing a long jacket; how would you know what a driver is wearing? This was discussed, but there was doubt over the story.

If he took his own life at all that is - possible imho he was bumped off to silence him so that he doesn’t name names of others he was involved in, or he had a falling out with drug dealers etc. Very easy to force someone to hang themselves at gunpoint or have the hanging done for you etc (Russians are masters of that for example not that am implying any Russian connection)

He was an experienced criminal who had been to jail on multiple occasions so I don’t think fear of going back to jail would be enough to take his own life, it is possible guilt/remorse over Leah tipped him over the edge but I don’t think a hardened paedophile/serial rapist has much regard for human life in the first place as sexual abuse/rape victims suffer terrible psychological trauma they never recover from
Yes because if he was feeling any remorse or guilt why not leave a note to say where Leah was?

Campbell Park is set on a hill and fairly sparsely wooded. The sections with the thickest trees are close to blocks of flats and the canal where narrowboats are always parked up. There are pockets of thick trees dotted around the edge of the grid square also (the wider estate is also known as Campbell Park). It's possible he was taken there against his will but in my opinion there are far more secluded woods nearby that would suit that purpose better. It's a well used park being right by the city centre so I expect his body was found quickly, especially given the time of year.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I keep getting a crazy strange thought that this property is used for some other purpose...not quite a 'safe house' but an organisation...charity, government,police connection... I'm just throwing this idea out there. Although it doesn't make much sense if the owners returned each summer.

Thoughts anyone?
I know of 5 houses in the area that were bought by a person from abroad who rents them out. I think they are investments. Easily identied. They are often shuttered up

BBM
I have head this mentioned a few times in this case, seemingly suggesting Leah didn't turn off location on purpose maybe but inadvertently as part of an app install. I haven't heard of apps disabling location services for the entire phone before, does anyone have any examples of apps which are known to do this, beyond apps specifically designed for this purpose, which would basically mean Leah turned location off on purpose.
No, an app cannot do this. (I'm an app developer with approx 10 years working with android)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unsloved387
Back