Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I'm not wrong until now we didn't know NM's cause of death. That article states:

"In April 2019, two months later, Maxwell hanged himself in Campbell Park, Milton Keynes."

Somewhat reminiscent of the Alice Gross murder in 2014, after which the main suspect (post-facto) Arnis Zalkains hung himself in a nearby park - Murder of Alice Gross - Wikipedia.

The terms of the initial "inquiry" are still incorrect IMO; it should not be about the quality of the missing person case, it should be on the quality of the tracking-down-Neil-Maxwell case.
I had the exact thought earlier. The fact that NM was in MK in February and still there in April makes me think that he never left. He was right under their noses!

Revised:
Assuming NM was responsible for the murder, I would surmise that he was still visiting or living at the address in the days after the murder when the leaflets went through the letterbox and most likely disposed of them.
Exactly my thoughts. The dreaded thought poor LC was still alive at that point whilst LE were following their door to door enquiries.

If I'm not wrong until now we didn't know NM's cause of death. That article states:

"In April 2019, two months later, Maxwell hanged himself in Campbell Park, Milton Keynes."

Somewhat reminiscent of the Alice Gross murder in 2014, after which the main suspect (post-facto) Arnis Zalkains hung himself in a nearby park - Murder of Alice Gross - Wikipedia.

The terms of the initial "inquiry" are still incorrect IMO; it should not be about the quality of the missing person case, it should be on the quality of the tracking-down-Neil-Maxwell case.
I was thinking that it was quite similiar to the Gross case (but for the life of me couldn't recall the names) in that Zalkains had had a very lacklustre charge for his past assault of a teen, suppose the difference is Zalkains we know killed before and that doesn't appear to be the case with NM. Also wondering if NM ever left the area since the NP assault and was simply laying low as a maintenance dude for holiday homes in the area.
(-edited to clarify)

I was thinking that it was quite similiar to the Gross case (but for the life of me couldn't recall the names) in that Zalkains had had a very lacklustre response for his past assault of a teen, suppose the difference is Zalkains we know killed before and that doesn't appear to be the case with NM.
As far as we know he hasn't, true, he may have though.

Once Leah is confirmed deceased officially, does that mean that LE will be able to access her medical records as I think we were under the impression that they can’t while she is classed as missing.

Once Leah is confirmed deceased officially, does that mean that LE will be able to access her medical records as I think we were under the impression that they can’t while she is classed as missing.
A coroner will be able to access them automatically, the police would need a judge to sign-off usually.

We visited the ladder question in thread six. In addition, I assume this was a loft and not a loft converted into a room which would explain why there was no ladder
No ladder that's correct.
Someone who does property maintenance would of had access to a ladder.
Remember, keep in mind, the whole time that house was accessible to NM he was never seen going there or leaving there by anyone. Not doing any work there at all. So I will ask the question again... how did lc get in the loft?
Did he use his job title to hide out in the house? And did he tell lc he was staying in the loft to lure her up there?
I don't believe he dragged her in that house. Her locations were switched off the evening before. Under whatever circumstances, she had met him a few times prior going into that house on the day of her disappearance.
No-one at this stage knows how long she had known him and how often she was switching off her locations. Seems like someone who had much to hide due to his past and the police looking for him... I believe he would of told her to do it when with him.
There is more to this case than meets the eye.
If he carry out work in that house, how did he arrive and leave? On foot or in a vehicle? I mean, no-one saw him there.
All strange in my opinion.
Someone replied to my message saying something about ladders being in the garage. Those garages are metal... they are not silent to open and close! Again, no-one saw anyone going in the garage in 3 years?

Remember, keep in mind, the whole time that house was accessible to NM he was never seen going there or leaving there by anyone. Not doing any work there at all. So I will ask the question again... how did lc get in the loft?
Did he use his job title to hide out in the house? And did he tell lc he was staying in the loft to lure her up there?
I don't believe he dragged her in that house. Her locations were switched off the evening before. Under whatever circumstances, she had met him a few times prior going into that house on the day of her disappearance.
No-one at this stage knows how long she had known him and how often she was switching off her locations. Seems like someone who had much to hide due to his past and the police looking for him... I believe he would of told her to do it when with him.
If he carry out work in that house, how did he arrive and leave? On foot or in a vehicle? I mean, no-one saw him there.
Someone replied to my message saying something about ladders being in the garage. Those garages are metal... they are not silent to open and close! Again, no-one saw anyone going in the garage in 3 years?

the mobile phone company confirmed that Leah had never switched off her phone locations before this date

Last edited:
the mobile phone company confirmed that Leah had never switched off her phone locations before this date

Her locations were switched off the evening before... was this not stated in the media?

Re ladder - I wondered if NM was the one who installed the second dish? Or if he was maybe doing work inside like fixing a water tank leak in the loft that anyone passing by was used to the sight of a guy with a ladder during this time?

Also given the date the neighbours next door first listed v sold it's possible no one saw his comings and goings as no one was next door or across the way (across the way is also a holiday property and next door may have moved out pre summer 2019)

Her locations were switched off the evening before... was this not stated in the media?

You said...........

No-one at this stage knows how long she had known him and how often she was switching off her locations

I was updating you to advise that we do know how often - one time only on the evening of February 14

Yes, but you said no one knew how often she was switching her location off. That is something that we do

Re ladder - I wondered if NM was the one who installed the second dish? Or if he was maybe doing work inside like fixing a water tank leak in the loft that anyone passing by was used to the sight of a guy with a ladder during this time?

Also given the date the neighbours next door first listed v sold it's possible no one saw his comings and goings as no one was next door or across the way (across the way is also a holiday property and next door may have moved out pre summer 2019)
That's true... but remember, you have houses at the back too

Well there you go then if that is the case it was the perfect spot for NM, unfortunately

I've been following Leah's case from when she went missing and the thing I don't get is the night before, maybe she was going to meet a boyfriend or have alone time, so she told her parents she was meeting a friend instead, but for the very next day to go missing ...to me there is more too this, just something really strange...maybe Im overthinking it but I really hope that it's just not the fact NM had a key and that they have a lot more evidence..Poor Leah..I really hope she didn't suffer

Thought it might be helpful to add the timeline again.

Thursday February 14, Valentine's Day
8am.
Leah, 19, sets off for work as normal. She has an admin job with finance company DFC in Davy Avenue, Knowlhill and walks the two mile journey to and from work every day, often going via Furzton Lake.

5.45pm. Leah walks home from work. Strangely, the location settings on her Samsung phone were switched off in the Furzton Lake area. Nobody knows why. It could be that she was downloading another app that disabled them. But the mobile phone company has confirmed Leah had never turned off her location settings before.

6pm. Leah arrives home from work. She changes into tracksuit bottoms and a long-sleeved top with the logo 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good' (a quote from her favourite Harry Potter books) and leaves the house on foot. She tells her mum she is going to visit a friend.
7.15pm. Leah arrives home again. She doesn't fancy the meal her mum was cooking so she ordered herself a takeaway. Her mum asks if her friend is okay and Leah replies with a yes.

Her behaviour that night was totally normal, say her parents.
Later it was discovered that Leah has not visited the friend. Where did she go for that 75 minutes on Valentine's night? Did she meet anybody?

Friday February 15

8am.
Leah gets up and leaves for work. Her parents have already left for their work. She sets off on her normal route, wearing a black coat, skinny black jeans, black Converse high top shoes and carrying a small black rucksack. Underneath her coat she wears a distinctive grey hoodie, which has the logo of her dad's Stewartby Taekwondo club.

8.13am. CCTV footage shows her walking along Buzzacott Lane in Furzton . That was the last confirmed sighting of Leah.
Advertisement

8.34am. Leah's mobile phone is switched off.

9am.
Leah fails to arrive at work

9.30am – 11.15am. Three different witnesses report seeing a girl matching Leah's description walking by Furzton Lake. She was looking “visibly upset” and crying while talking on the phone. She was also text with two thumbs. Police have never been able to say definitely that this was Leah. However, no other female has ever come forward to say it was them.

6pm Leah fails to return home. She is reported missing

Leah had spent the night in a hotel with someone a couple of weeks before she went missing. No one knew who she had been with. She went out the night before on Valentine’s night for a short while, again, no one knows where she went. Could she have been seeing NM? Could the secrecy be because of his age?

I've been following Leah's case from when she went missing and the thing I don't get is the night before, maybe she was going to meet a boyfriend or have alone time, so she told her parents she was meeting a friend instead, but for the very next day to go missing ...to me there is more too this, just something really strange...maybe Im overthinking it but I really hope that it's just not the fact NM had a key and that they have a lot more evidence..Poor Leah..I really hope she didn't suffer
The problem is when someone goes missing, their life and behaviour is scrutinised. Things that seem slightly out of the ordinary, suddenly become suspicious. If she was having a relationship with a man that her parents and brother did not approve of, it would not be unusual for a teenage girl to take action to cover her tracks, in order to continue seeing this man and avoid any further conflict with her family.

It seems from searching there is nothing reported so far from the post mortem. And no reports of DNA from the scene at all yet. I suspect until either are made public anything else is pure speculation. I truly hope either or both provide something conclusive else this is a massive mess of what ifs and maybes. Fingers crossed for the family
Edit spelling

I cant buy into the NB being a secret lover theory. He's hardly a looker and I know Mr X was older but not by as many years as NB.

From my time on websleuths I've learnt sometimes you can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time: Sarah everard, libby squire and sabrina nessa. All young women who's lives were cut short by a total stranger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back