Deceased/Not Found UK - Leah Louise Ware, 33, no contact with family for some time, Hastings area, May 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Have you seen Leah Ware?

We are growing increasingly concerned for her welfare as she has not been in contact with family or friends for some time.

Leah, 33, has been living in the Hastings area and is described as slim, 5' 6" tall with long black hair and blue eyes.

Leah has health issues and may not have access to her medication. We are appealing for Leah, or anyone who knows her, to contact us so that we can establish her wellbeing.
Read more ➡️ https://orlo.uk/iXsmW

There was so little previously about Leah Ware missing yet it was in May 2021 when she lost contact with her family.
I would be interested to know a bit more about Leah such as where she comes from originally and if she is a mum at all. Were there any notable circumstances leading to her disappearance of was it out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
Last edited:
There was so little previously about Leah Ware missing yet it was in May 2021 when she lost contact with her family.
I would be interested to know a bit more about Leah such as where she comes from originally and if she is a mum at all. Were there any notable circumstances leading to her disappearance of was it out of the ordinary.

I've had a good look through the fb profile @StillDiggin linked to, which in turn took me to a lot of other profiles of family, which obviously I can't discuss here but which tell me she's part of a large and apparently close-knit family network, much of which is based on the Sussex coast, and some elsewhere.

To partially answer some of your questions @SaintGertrude, there are photos of a young child on Leah's own profile. The captions make it clear he is close family but I'm not 100% sure that she is his mother. There are similar-looking kids in other related families, so he may be a nephew or a cousin's child, for instance.

The other thing I noticed on her page was some Romani slang, among other things, and I wondered if the reason she's been missing since May without there apparently having been any great urgency to find her until now is because she was thought to be on the road, either on her own or with other branches of the family. Ware is an old established Romani name, particularly in Sussex (though of course lots of people also have it who are not Romani, or who don't know they are).

The police statement is tight-lipped about what's caused the appeal now ("concerns raised for her welfare within the last few days") and I half wonder if it's not so much that she's definitely gone missing so much as that no one knows where she is, which isn't quite the same thing. One thing I do think is that she's not local to her last known location of Hastings/Bexhill as she has lots of family locally there who haven't seen her for 6 months. It makes it difficult for Sussex Police, the force looking for her, if their jurisdiction is the one place she's not.

I'm speculating to some extent, of course. I hope she's safe and well and turns up soon.

JMO

https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/s...=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Orlo

So, based on what people are saying here, it seems to me that Sussex Police have needed to contact Leah Ware in relation to clearing the animals off her land during the search for Alexandra Morgan's body, and in the course of that have discovered that her whereabouts are unknown and no one admits to seeing her since May. Presumably this is what was meant by "concerns raised for her welfare within the last few days".

A few things occur to me:
  • Firstly, as I said upthread, no one knowing (or saying) where you are is not quite the same as being missing.
  • No concerns had been raised by family/friends prior to this.
  • If there is a history of DV/refuge use that would be a plausible explanation for the situation.
  • If, as I speculated, she's part of the GRT community, people might be reluctant to share information with the police.
  • If the animals have been on that land from at least May until now when the land had to be cleared, then someone has been looking after them, suggesting a planned arrangement had been made.

All of these things make me feel hopeful she's actually alive and well somewhere.

JMO

So, based on what people are saying here, it seems to me that Sussex Police have needed to contact Leah Ware in relation to clearing the animals off her land during the search for Alexandra Morgan's body, and in the course of that have discovered that her whereabouts are unknown and no one admits to seeing her since May. Presumably this is what was meant by "concerns raised for her welfare within the last few days".

A few things occur to me:
  • Firstly, as I said upthread, no one knowing (or saying) where you are is not quite the same as being missing.
  • No concerns had been raised by family/friends prior to this.
  • If there is a history of DV/refuge use that would be a plausible explanation for the situation.
  • If, as I speculated, she's part of the GRT community, people might be reluctant to share information with the police.
  • If the animals have been on that land from at least May until now when the land had to be cleared, then someone has been looking after them, suggesting a planned arrangement had been made.

All of these things make me feel hopeful she's actually alive and well somewhere.

JMO
Who was caring for the horse, though? At barest minimum you'd need to fill a water trough every few days and have its feet trimmed every couple months.

The $64,000 question is whether that's the beginning and end of the link between them, i.e. it's a coincidence, or whether there's a causal relationship, i.e. whether AM's presumed killer has disposed of her remains on that land because he had previously used it successfully for the same purpose with another woman's remains. If we were to hypothesise that Leah has met with foul play, a piece of land used only by her might be a good place to bury her.

I'm not convinced atm that she has, but if we could tease out some genuine points of correspondence between the two women, I might be persuaded.

JMO

It’s all rather strange. I’m not sure I’m even fully understanding it. I thought I did until I got to the goats. I hope she’s safe. <modsnip - no link>

I'm glad someone else had admitted to not fully understanding it! And like AC's Grandma, I feel that there is more than a coincidence about all of this.

I feel that the animals could be part of the connection here, without knowing exactly why.

Last edited:
If it's more than a coincidence then there would have to be a point of contact between them, so we should be looking either for some evidence that they knew each other or at least had directly encountered each other previously, or at the very least some evidence that Alex had visited that land while alive; or for a third party who links them. The fact that they are/were both missing would make any such third party a person of great interest imo. I agree with a previous comment made (since edited) that they are similar in looks, and could go along with the idea that that might be someone's 'type'.

JMO

Are there any recent media posts about Leah's disappearance. It seems to have gone really quiet but maybe police and family are following up on leads. I hope she can be found alive and the two missing cases Alexandra Morgan and Leah Ware are unconnected. As the saying goes quietness comes before a storm. Hopefully we will be hearing more and Leah's disappearance will not end up as a cold case like many do.
This is the last article I can find saying that Leah needs to be urgently found.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theargus.co.uk/news/19756865.amp/

Are there any recent media posts about Leah's disappearance. It seems to have gone really quiet but maybe police and family are following up on leads. I hope she can be found alive and the two missing cases Alexandra Morgan and Leah Ware are unconnected. As the saying goes quietness comes before a storm. Hopefully we will be hearing more and Leah's disappearance will not end up as a cold case like many do.
This is the last article I can find saying that Leah needs to be urgently found.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theargus.co.uk/news/19756865.amp/

I've seen very little recently, despite a very active and widespread social media campaign by her family and friends when her lack of contact was first brought to everyone's attention. I'm sure they are continuing to do everything they can to find her. I've seen it mentioned that she has lived away from Sussex at times in the past, and maybe that is what is happening now. Or it may be that, for whatever reason, she has gone into the refuge system, where she may even have changed her appearance and name. I'm clutching at straws really, in the hope of a good outcome.

I was just looking again at the person charged for Sabrina Nessa's abduction and murder and remembered that he was from Eastbourne which is not far from where Leah has gone missing.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...nessa-man-charged-murder-london-schoolteacher

Your last two links haven't worked for me, SaintGertrude, but I've managed to locate both articles. The Sabrina Nessa case wasn't one I followed at all, but well done for remembering where the accused was from. I'm sure the local police are looking into any possible connections.

I was just looking again at the person charged for Sabrina Nessa's abduction and murder and remembered that he was from Eastbourne which is not far from where Leah has gone missing.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...nessa-man-charged-murder-london-schoolteacher

Well, hang on a minute. Sabrina Nessa's alleged murderer was in custody when Alex Morgan went missing, so there's no possibility of the same man being responsible for all three of these women being harmed. It would be an extraordinary cascade of coincidences if Leah Ware's disappearance were to be linked to two separate murders that were not linked to each other. Respectfully, I feel the (very human) urge to find patterns and connections where there probably aren't any may be starting to get the better of us now.

Well, hang on a minute. Sabrina Nessa's alleged murderer was in custody when Alex Morgan went missing, so there's no possibility of the same man being responsible for all three of these women being harmed. It would be an extraordinary cascade of coincidences if Leah Ware's disappearance were to be linked to two separate murders that were not linked to each other. Respectfully, I feel the (very human) urge to find patterns and connections where there probably aren't any may be starting to get the better of us now.
Yes you are correct Juicy Lucy but I was referring to missing Leah Ware who went missing in May 2021 rather than Alexandra. I had previously thought maybe the disappearances of both Leah and Alexandra were linked but then I remembered another case and thought to mention. Very often perpetrators will still stick to geographical areas to kill their victims (although in Sabrina's case the accused if found guilty would have travelled a fair distance from his home town of Eastbourne)
On the other hand it is hopeful that Leah will be found alive as not yet a homicide investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15
Back