Deceased/Not Found UK - Leah Louise Ware, 33, no contact with family for some time, Hastings area, May 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A MAN accused of murdering a woman six months before killing another and burning her body has been pictured for the first time.

Mark Brown, 40, today denied killing mum-of-two Alexandra Morgan, who was last seen on Remembrance Sunday, as he was also charged with the murder of Leah Ware, who
went missing in May.

[...]

Brown first appeared at Lewes Crown Court in November last year, with the photos only published today.

Dressed in a yellow and green jumpsuit and a black face mask, a handcuffed Brown is led towards the court by a prison officer.

Today, appearing via video link from HMP Belmarsh in south London, he spoke only to confirm his name and enter his not guilty plea.

First picture of man, 40, charged with murdering two missing women

What I find very shocking, and can't entirely account for, is that the massive delay in anyone recognising that Leah Ware was actually missing may have cost Alex Morgan her life.

Yes I thought this too! I'm struggling to find any info in the media anywhere from when she first went missing in the May.

Alexandra has now been found, but Leah is still missing.

"Whilst we have located the remains of Alexandra we have yet to find Leah and our investigations remain ongoing. We are appealing for anyone with information regarding either Leah or Alexandra to contact us urgently."

Man accused of murdering Kent mum and missing woman 6 months apart

Yes I thought this too! I'm struggling to find any info in the media anywhere from when she first went missing in the May.

I don't think there was any. The serial number from her missing report is a November one, so that suggests either that her family/friends didn't report it or that the police didn't consider what they were saying compelling enough to record it as a misper report. Given that she was living fairly locally to a good number of an apparently close-knit family, I'm struggling to understand the circumstances under which that could happen. All I can think of is that the relationship was controlling and coercive and she was kept at arm's length from the people who cared about her, perhaps not even allowed to answer her own phone, etc.

JMO

https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/s...ncern-for-welfare-of-missing-woman-leah-ware/

ETA: The other scenario is that the failure to record Leah as a missing person in May was a policing fail, which is too awful to think about.

Last edited:
ETA: The other scenario is that the failure to record Leah as a missing person in May was a policing fail, which is too awful to think about.

Snipped by me for focus.

Both of the possibilities you mention (coercion and police failure) are very plausible, but there is at least one other: that Leah simply went "off radar" from time to time (so that her not being in contact with others didn't ring any alarm bells). <modsnip -no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip -no link> Its the animals that bothers me. All talk of tracing Leahs animals has gone quiet. We all know people who have horses how well liked they are by the owners and Leah’s no different, her horse was her baby. Someone must of been looking after this horse more recently, not sure u can just leave it in a field for many months alone and it would still be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Any members posting inside information about a case must be a Verified Insider in order to state information as fact without links to support what they state, otherwise such posts get removed.

Please review Websleuths Verification process (why it exists and how to apply) that is found here.

Thank you.

Do you think the mum means she doesn't believe Brown is capable? Or that she simply doesn't believe she's dead?

This may not be approved I don't know. But a post by Louise's mother on FB mentioning this thread and asking for it to be shared, so...

Perhaps a timely reminder to remember that the family and friends of the missing do look here so think before posting! I remember with remorse how hurt one mother was about her son's funeral being discussed when it had not even been made public.

You’re Temporarily Blocked

One good thing about that post is that it has a genuine photo of Leah that hasn't been photoshopped or altered with filters.
So many women and young girls make cartoon clones of themselves, which renders the photos useless for identification.

Details of Incident
Sussex Police Major Crime Team have been searching for Leah Ware, 33, since November 2021 when she was reported as a missing person.

In February 2022 we charged a man with her murder.

Despite extensive investigations we have not found Leah or her body and are appealing for the help of the public to try to locate her or anything connected with her disappearance.

If you have any knowledge of Leah's whereabouts, or any information relevant to the charges that have been brought, please submit it on the form below.

Name: Leah Louise WARE

Alias Names:

Louise-Marie JONES

Leah BARNARD

Leah EYRE

Lou WARE

Elle WARE

Description: White female, slim build, 5’6 in height aged 33, very long black hair, blue eyes

Tattoos: possibly a dragon on right leg, Chinese characters writing on right hip, fairy sitting on a flower over name RYAN on right leg.

Piercings: Dermal piercing on cheek bone.

Contact Information
Please complete the online form within this site; you can also attach images or video.

If you would prefer to speak to someone please contact 101 quoting Op Acresdown to report information.

If you feel you have to give information anonymously, please contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org

Public Portal

I think the above answers questions that have been raised here about why police didn't start looking for her until November, if missing in May:

since November 2021 when she was reported as a missing person.

JMO but perhaps she was absent for a reason that her family accepted. What that might be I don't know? Perhaps the accused told them she had been sectioned or gone abroad.

Might depend on how close/how often she would normally have contact. Some of my relatives I haven't had contact with for years! :D

Once again this case takes an unexpected twist, and once again there are more questions than answers. All those aliases! Has Leah been married in the past, and is one (or more) of those "aliases" simply her name from when she was married? Having wondered that, I've not seen any previous mention of Leah having been married.

I'm normally very dubious about people who adopt multiple aliases, as the latter seem to be used to avoid detection by the police. I suspect that in Leah's case there is a more legitimate reason - she has spent time in the refuge system, after all.

I've always felt that it was normal for Leah not to be in contact with her family for long periods. Just a gut feeling on that one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah
Back