Found Deceased UK - Liam Smith, 16, Aberdeen, Scotland, 17 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hundreds of candles lit up Broad Street at the weekend as mourners gathered to remember Aberdeen teenager Liam Smith.

Following a tearful moment of silence, candles were left burning into the night alongside flowers and other tributes in memory of the 16-year-old.

But although there was much sorrow, there was also joy, as Liam’s friends from Westhill Academy paid tribute to the teenager’s fun-loving personality in their own special way by soaking themselves running through the fountain.

During the vigil, one of Liam’s best friends bravely stood up and paid tribute to him in front of the gathered mourners.

He spoke of remembering good times spent at McDonalds, watching videos together, and Liam’s great sense of humour.

Tragic teenager Liam Smith's friends speak at candlelit vigil: 'This has been really tough, getting up each day and just not knowing' | Press and Journal

The young man said: “We will always have our memories of him, how he loved Jaffa cakes and all his odd food combinations and sushi.

“It think it shows that this is something that can happen to anyone. Liam was always there and he’d keep everyone happy.

“This has been really tough, getting up each day and just not knowing.”

He also paid tribute to Liam’s mother Alix for the strength she showed over the course of the investigation

He said to the crowd: “To see everyone here would mean so much to Liam.

“You will always be in my heart no matter what, and it will be empty without you.

“Rest in peace Liam.”

Tragic teenager Liam Smith's friends speak at candlelit vigil: 'This has been really tough, getting up each day and just not knowing' | Press and Journal

64B97ACF-EC43-4A6C-8169-CC38E2B0290D.jpeg

Steve Beedy, the founder of Unspoken Wounds, helped to organise the vigil.

He told STV News: "We've lost one of our precious sons.

"Liam Smith has captured the heart of everyone.

"And it was important, people wanted to do it, they cared about this kid.

"You could see in their hearts and in their eyes how deeply affected they have been by this. They really wanted to come out here and pay their respects and say their goodbyes."

Mourners pay tribute at candlelit vigil for Liam Smith

I realize this is an old thread but wish to point out that when missing people are finally found it is almost always by a person who was never searching in the first place .... just out for a walk ..... or hunters in the forest ... or prospectors in the mountains etc.

It is a statistic that I wish was not true ..... our massive searches with hundreds of people .... helicopters with infrared sensors .... and tracking dogs usually come up empty handed.

As a matter of fact most crimes are solved by everyday folks who supply a valuable tip or clue that leads to the solution of the case ..... the function of the police and detective is to sort through all those tips which must be a frustrating task in itself.

I have followed true crime and missing persons for over 50 years and those are my observations ..... and I would encourage everyone to hone their observation skills as we go through life. thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932
Back