Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to respond this one. All forces in England should take dna and fingerprints for all recordable offences. Burglary is a recordable offence and therefore biometrics (dna and fingerprints) should be take.

Agreed... I was burgled whilst in bed, they actually walked in my bedroom and I woke up (2 guys).

Luckily they ran off as I screamed bloody murder (well actually shouted initially as thought it was my son out of bed playing me up at first as he had been in and out of bed all night lol)

Police took fingerprints and footprint evidence and they got them months later as they got caught robbing fishing tackle out of someone's shed.

Don't think it happens all the time though as I've known people be burgled and say police never turned up (unless that's a lie).

In my opinion. This guy that the police arrested is just a small time flash your bits about tea leaf, i just don't see any signs of kidnap or murder. Will be interesting to see what avenue of investigation the police take next over the next few days,
You have to admit if he hasn't got anything to do with her disappearance he is the unluckiest person in the world.

Just wanted to respond this one. All forces in England should take dna and fingerprints for all recordable offences. Burglary is a recordable offence and therefore biometrics (dna and fingerprints) should be take.
I meant would then send a full team out to collect DNA from every burglary? The DNA sample number would be astronomical. I expect fingerprints if their were any. I understand they take DNA from every arrest.

This is what is sitting a bit odd with me. It is not a quiet area. It was a busy student night. You’d be hard pushed to get a quiet random half hour at that time.

Exactly. And if she was noticeable enough to the long haired guy who stopped and presumably to PR or Mr X, then surely she would have been to more. Or does it mean she was not there as long as is thought she was?

Hiding place wasn’t very clever but I don’t think many people’s minds could have went to where she ended up, it was that gruesome. A case most of us will remember for our lifetime.

The point is more that the sophistication level was "give the body to some mates"

Shows how hard it can be to find the evidence

May also be because the occupants don't use their sex toys every day and only noticed they were missing when they went to use them...
In a shared house you'd expect someone to hide them, so yes, they would only miss them the next time they went to use them.

I meant would then send a full team out to collect DNA from every burglary? The DNA sample number would be astronomical. I expect fingerprints if their were any. I understand they take DNA from every arrest.

LOL

I remember in London my car got broken into several times and flat broken in to.

We reported it but no police came.

Maybe I should have done my own DNA swabs ;)

(O/T, As I mentioned I’m in the USA and now realizing there is a lot I don’t know about UK criminal procedure, MP investigations over there, etc., so I’m feeling limited as far as weighing in on certain things as I normally would but just wanted to say thank you everyone for this discussion, I think it’s awesome when people from around the globe can come together for a common purpose.

I was glad to come across this link in my research as a result of Libby’s case and link it to the WS Resources and Database Section for the UK:
UK - UK Missing Persons Unit

“Welcome to the Missing Persons Unit website
We are the UK national and international point of contact for all missing person and unidentified body investigations.

Here you can search through some of our unidentified cases to see if you can help us establish their identity.”

(See warning at link re: graphic images)
UK Missing Persons Unit

—-

I also found this directly from the above site:

A Twitter List by UKMissingPerson
Missing People (@missingpeople) on Twitter

I am glad that you are here with us Margarita. It is nice to know you care about us on our little island

JMO
I normally dont let the parents comments influence me on whether I feel a person is guilty or not because we have seen many cases where relatives or friends who claim to know a person will say how friendly and harmless the person is and then that person turns out to be a guilty person.

But in this case I really feel sorry for the mother right now. I was able to find a lot of statements the mother said and it really breaks my heart for her because according to her he never did get in any trouble in Poland and she is totally shocked and terribly upset over the charges and she is totally beside herself with grief over the charges on her son.
I honestly believe she is shocked over this and if we believe her then he didnt get in any trouble in Poland. I cant link the article I found because it was not MSM.

So this does seem out of character for him according to her. If he is guilty of the existing charges right now and they only started happening when he moved to UK, then its almost like he changed into a monster soon after moving to the UK. Maybe something in his personal relationship changed which caused him to act out. Or he met up with some creepy friends or something. Its really bizarre.

The point is more that the sophistication level was "give the body to some mates"

Shows how hard it can be to find the evidence
Remarkably the scum bags had managed to completely clean all evidence out of the bathroom. Far harder than dumping a body somewhere it won't be found. Taking it around to your mates house for safe keeping has to be one of the dumbest things anyone could do.

Agreed... I was burgled whilst in bed, they actually walked in my bedroom and I woke up (2 guys).

Luckily they ran off as I screamed bloody murder (well actually shouted initially as thought it was my son out of bed playing me up at first as he had been in and out of bed all night lol)

Police took fingerprints and footprint evidence and they got them months later as they got caught robbing fishing tackle out of someone's shed.

Don't think it happens all the time though as I've known people be burgled and say police never turned up (unless that's a lie).
We were burgled once and the police did attend. Months later we got a letter from the cops saying the guy had been caught by them breaking in to another house and to get a lesser sentence he'd given them a list of houses he'd done and ours was one of them.

DNA for a burglary, not a chance, finger prints maybe.

We were burgled once and the police did attend. Months later we got a letter from the cops saying the guy had been caught by them breaking in to another house and to get a lesser sentence he'd given them a list of houses he'd done and ours was one of them.
Burglars can be quite prolific, especially if they are not greedy, often small items or small amounts of cash are not missed or written off without any thought that someone had taken them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patuniapicklebottoms