Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember that the police asked for sightings of Libby up to 3am and we wondered why there was that cut off time?

I'm now thinking that if they had PR in their sights pretty early on they may know that he got home that night at 3am by himself (maybe some neighbour cctv ) and so they are working on the theory that whatever he did was done by that time

just a thought
Really good thought! I’ve always wondered the same. I thought maybe that’s when her housemates got home but why would that stop the clock as she clearly wasn’t there...why 3am

Do you remember that the police asked for sightings of Libby up to 3am and we wondered why there was that cut off time?

I'm now thinking that if they had PR in their sights pretty early on they may know that he got home that night at 3am by himself (maybe some neighbour cctv ) and so they are working on the theory that whatever he did was done by that time

just a thought
Scary to think he had nearly 3 hours with her if it was him abducting her at 12.09. I wonder if they see his car going towards the playing fields or back and forth and that’s why they are checking everywhere in that area

Sorry if it’s already been discussed but why has PR pleaded not guilty to these charges...surely after the house searches/ fingerprint testing it must be pretty nailed on that he did these crimes?
Might indicate a very stubborn streak, and also that he might have resisted giving any bit of info away to the police about LS.

Scary to think he had nearly 3 hours with her if it was him abducting her at 12.09. I wonder if they see his car going towards the playing fields or back and forth and that’s why they are checking everywhere in that area
And all the while his wife is at home alone with a young child and a baby...awful for her. She must have told the police what she noticed that night...wonder if he said he was working some overtime or if he’s frequently out in the small hours and it’s the norm to her..? Just my thoughts

Humberside Police Statement 4/2/19

[Libby] is then seen on CCTV on Beverley Road at 11.40pm, and seen near to a bench close to the bus stop and junction with Haworth Street, when a motorist stops and offers her help.

We believe she may have been in this area until around 12.09am, and are now continuing searches in and around the neighbouring roads and streets as well as viewing further CCTV footage.

Update: Fourth day of Libby Squire investigation | Humberside Police

Haha was just replying to your other post but had to respond to this because that was one of my very early thoughts when everyone was discussing how did he get her into car etc! I thought it was a bit too NCIS or something!! :D

He certainly had to find a way to keep her quiet especially if she was screaming drawing attention to the situation

Sorry if it’s already been discussed but why has PR pleaded not guilty to these charges...surely after the house searches/ fingerprint testing it must be pretty nailed on that he did these crimes?
Might indicate a very stubborn streak, and also that he might have resisted giving any bit of info away to the police about LS.
Could be a number of reasons: he thinks he's going to get away with it all, he's trying not to be a huge disappointment to his family, there's even the possibility he's completely innocent... Buuut let's face it, he's probably not. Who knows, guess we'll get some answers on March 11th!

I think it's very likely that PR already admitted it WAS him driving off at 12:09am on the CCTV and it WAS Libby, and that's why they know exactly what time she was last seen.

EDIT - actually, hang on.... the police got the CCTV footage on the Sunday, this statement was put out on Monday, PR was arrested Wednesday. Hmmmm.. I'll have a little think about the logistics of that...

Last edited:
And all the while his wife is at home alone with a young child and a baby...awful for her. She must have told the police what she noticed that night...wonder if he said he was working some overtime or if he’s frequently out in the small hours and it’s the norm to her..? Just my thoughts

Just had a thought, does his offending match up with the time his wife was off on maternity? She could think he is at work as she wouldn’t be in to know his shift patterns, does his offending happen the same week day (eg he says he has a late shift every Thursday??)? She could genuinely not have any idea of his actual whereabouts? Very easy for him to offend without her knowing if that is the cas.. literally just came to me as there is a gap of around a year between offending

Could be a number of reasons: he thinks he's going to get away with it all, he's trying not to be a huge disappointment to his family, there's even the possibility he's completely innocent... Buuut let's face it, he's probably not. Who knows, guess we'll get some answers on March 11th!
Let’s hope so! Given the social media on him he may find it hard to get a non predjudiced (??? I’m tired!) jury. Or he’ll be banged up for something much more incriminating before then...

For a refresher on the last official sighting of Libby as per Humberside Police please see the attached picture or link.

The Humberside Police News section on their website is a great resource for the confirmed facts about sightings and searches etc.

So she went missing on (let’s call it the night of Thursday 31st

ITV got the car cctv footage on sat or sun the 2nd or 3rd and gave to police

On Monday 4th police say last seen 11:45 pm

Then release end of day statement with changed time

On Monday 4th police release 2nd statement mentioning 12:09

Arrest Thursday 7th

I think I have that right

Last edited:
Just had a thought, does his offending match up with the time his wife was off on maternity? She could think he is at work as she wouldn’t be in to know his shift patterns, does his offending happen the same week day (eg he says he has a late shift every Thursday??)? She could genuinely not have any idea of his actual whereabouts? Very easy for him to offend without her knowing if that is the cas.. literally just came to me as there is a gap of around a year between offending
That’s a really good thought...I don’t know...
Here are a list of the dates from Hull Daily Mail...what do you think? You could be right

Attachments

• 73E55789-A382-4993-BEC2-A223C6135E38.jpeg
    73E55789-A382-4993-BEC2-A223C6135E38.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 17
Most offenders plead not guilty until last minute, lawyers can sometimes negotiate some of the charges. Total waste of legal aid most of the time!

You're welcome, sorry it sucks, did the best I could on my phone as quick as I could lol.

It doesn’t suck at all and thank you again for taking the time to do that.
It is helpful indeed.

ETA:
Wow this is really hard and extra challenging looking at a map of names, all of which I am foreign to!

So, trying to start over and wrap my head around all this:

Malton, North Yorkshire according to this article is where he works as a butcher:

“The 24-year-old, a Polish national who works as a butcher in Malton, North Yorkshire, allegedly offered to give her a lift home when he spotted her in a distressed state just after midnight.

Speaking to the Telegraph, his sister Paulina Szymanska, said he had spoken to Miss Squire on the night, but insisted he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

She said: "I don't...”

Libby Squire: Sister of butcher held over missing student reveals he comforted her on night she vanished - but insists he's innocent

—-

Suspect’s Home:
Raglan Street, Hull

“Officers sealed-off the rented property of Pawel Relowicz, who reportedly works as a butcher in Malton, in Raglan Street, Hull..”

(Same above link for reference)
—-

Distance in miles between these two points is:

A) 53 min (35.2 mi)
via B1248

B) 1 h 4 min (41.7 mi) via B1248 and A1079

—-

Taking a look at some areas on the map which stand out terrain wise upon a cursory glance—it appears there are the Howardian Hills AONB:

“The Howardian Hills are an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty located between the Yorkshire Wolds, the North York Moors National Park and the Vale of York, they take their name from the Howard family who still own local lands.”

Howardian Hills - Wikipedia

There’s a green patch along Beverly Westwood? Looking that up.

ETA:
Beverley Westwood | Park | Beverley|East Yorkshire

“Details
Beverley has four pastures, East and South East of the town, aligning the river Hull are the pastures of Figham and Swinemoor. To the East and South East of the town are the Westwood and Hurn in the form of one large pasture.”

“As the search for 21-year-old Libby Squire from Hull continues, the police have closed a car park at Oak Road playing fields. Police have now been searching this area of fields, woods and a pond for at least five days.”
Missing Libby Squire: Police close a car park as the search continues

Cordon on Oak Road playing fields as police search for Libby

“Police officers are scouring Oak Road playing fields, using power tools to strip back the undergrowth, as searches for Libby Squire continue.

Officers can be seen behind a new cordon close to the pond in the sprawling parkland, which also closes off a derelict building to the public.

A reporter at the scene said: “Police aren’t searching surrounding water or the pond, and are concentrating on using chainsaws and hedge trimmers to cut back the bracken and undergrowth.”“

Distance from Raglan St to Oak Rd:

A)5 min (1.0 mi)
via Clough Rd/A1165

B)6 min (1.2 mi) via Clough Rd/A1165 and

C)7 min (1.1 mi) via Alexandra Rd

—-

More about this Oak Rd location:

“However, now the focus of the search seems to have shifted to Oak Road Playing Fields - a stretch of grassland popular with dog walkers that is home to a skateboard and BMX area as well as a children’s playground.”

The Hull park which could hold clues to Libby Squire's disappearance
Feb 8

Looking at some of the geography:

Rush Lyvar’s Fishing Lake

Humber
Humber - Wikipedia

“The Humber /ˈhʌmbər/ is a large tidal estuary on the east coast of Northern England. It is formed at Trent Falls, Faxfleet, by the confluence of the tidal rivers Ouse and Trent. From there to the North Sea, it forms part of the boundary between the East Riding of Yorkshire on the north bank and North Lincolnshire on the south bank. Although the Humber is an estuary from the point at which it is formed, many maps show it as the River Humber.[3]“

—-

“The River Hull is a navigable river in the East Riding of Yorkshire in Northern England. It rises from a series of springs to the west of Driffield, and enters the Humber Estuary at Kingston upon Hull. Following a period when the Archbishops of York charged tolls for its use, it became a free navigation. The upper reaches became part of the Driffield Navigation from 1770, after which they were again subject to tolls, and the section within the city of Hull came under the jurisdiction of the Port of Hull, with the same result.“

River Hull - Wikipedia

Last edited:

[Libby] is then seen on

[Libby] is then seen on CCTV on Beverley Road at 11.40pm, and seen near to a bench close to the bus stop and junction with Haworth Street, when a motorist stops and offers her help.

We believe she may have been in this area until around 12.09am, and are now continuing searches in and around the neighbouring roads and streets as well as viewing further CCTV footage.

If a motorist stopped and offered to help, she must have been quite distressed and upset - enough for someone to stop and offer help. Did she encounter PR before the motorist stopped and did this cause her to be upset? It certainly looks like they think she got into the car in the CCTV as it has been said she was in the area until around 1209. It is chilling to think that an older person offered to help her but for whatever reason she possibly said she was ok, did she then get into the car with PR thinking he was ok because he was a young guy. Do we know which road he drove onto after leaving the road in the CCTV? Could he has told her that he wasn't sure of which way to go and pretended to get lost?

He must have a cover story. Ive not long since had my first child and trust me when you have a newborn you need all the help you can get. If my OH was constantly going out tje house id want a good reason as to why.

Sorry I didn't mean there wouldn't be any, I meant there is absolutely no chance that the Police would have the budget to take and process DNA samples for a burglary. Often they just issue a crime number and don't even attend.

I think it depends on the police force and nature of the burglary. I was burgled and a car was taken along with other things and crime scene investigators turned up and took samples of the window where they entered. For a burglary where things of a sexual nature were taken I feel they may have looked into things closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro