Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding PR being approx 5'9"- are there any photos of him in MSM where he's stood near anything we can gauge his height from - e.g. Doorways.

It's a known fact from forensic psychological studies that when people are asked to recall information about a person's description, if the person is below-average height then people tend to overestimate their height, and if the person is over-average height then people tend to underestimate their height. So it's entirely possible that if PR is actually quite short then @Joelle88 may have actually overestimated how tall he is when she saw him in the court. Unless he was standing by a person she knew the exact height of to compare, or something relative (again, e.g. A doorway). Just to clarify, I'm not saying that you're wrong Joelle or that you've got a bad memory, it's a very common phenomenon for people (especially witnesses to crimes) to overestimate a short person's height.
I have seen pics of his brothers and sisters i believe she may be correct in 5.8 5.9

ADMIN NOTE:

There are so many broken quotes in this thread that, even going back through 16 pages of posts, I have been unable to trace back to the source post. Only options were to remove them all or let them stand. Removing them all has the potential to change the context of the discussion so I have decided to let them stand.

None of these broken quotes were reported to us. I just stumbled onto them when reviewing the thread for another reason.

If/when you see a broken quote, please use the Report feature to alert us immediately so it can be repaired. The longer broken quotes are allowed to stand, the more difficult it becomes to repair them. If they get re-quoted over and over again downthread, they become attributed to the wrong posters. That's a real pain in the pip to have your words attributed to someone else, or their words attributed to you.

What is a broken quote? (sorry to ask) xx

Lol broken quotes syndrome...! That wasn't my post...

I can go back and check...

Lol I'm gonna get picked up by the roz soon, I've been all over every significant spot in this case for the last three weeks! There are some CCTV operators who will have got me standing in my hivis pointing a camera at their camera as it looks down at me! I was around the pond at practically first light the first morning after the cordon had been removed... when it suddenly dawned on me that maybe the Police were playing a game with the REAL suspect, making a big fuss of the pond area, cordon it off, make him sweat, then move the cordon away... wait as the real killer comes back to retrieve something...!

Are you a double agent and putting yourself in these places on purpose? *Officer Dibble runs, very, very fast*

I have seen pics of his brothers and sisters i believe she may be correct in 5.8 5.9
In the photos you've seen, are these people standing by things that mean that you can determine their height accurately to compare PR's height?

Someone, (sorry, I can't remember who and cba to scroll back) said they could see on the spidercam footage that the passenger puts on their seatbelt, ie. that they lean over and put it on. I've been thinking about this on and off over the past hour and in the many, many viewings I've done of said footage, I just cannot see this. If the passenger does indeed put on their seat belt, this (for me, anyway) makes me think they weren't forced into the car. I'd really like to know if anyone else has spotted the seat belt action, plus - wouldn't the seat belt position require that the passenger turns towards their left to reach it? I'm just not sure how this is visible, but my eyesight is hopeless really.

Someone, (sorry, I can't remember who and cba to scroll back) said they could see on the spidercam footage that the passenger puts on their seatbelt, ie. that they lean over and put it on. I've been thinking about this on and off over the past hour and in the many, many viewings I've done of said footage, I just cannot see this. If the passenger does indeed put on their seat belt, this (for me, anyway) makes me think they weren't forced into the car. I'd really like to know if anyone else has spotted the seat belt action, plus - wouldn't the seat belt position require that the passenger turns towards their left to reach it? I'm just not sure how this is visible, but my eyesight is hopeless really.

That was me bells. I can clearly see the passenger leaning in that cctv footage. I don't see them reaching to their left to take the belt, but I definitely see them leaning to the right to clip it in. Let me just go rewatch.....

That was me bells. I can clearly see the passenger leaning in that cctv footage. I don't see them reaching to their left to take the belt, but I definitely see them leaning to the right to clip it in. Let me just go rewatch.....
Ah, yes Lucy, thanks for replying. And leaning to the right to click seatbelt in makes sense I kind of see that lean, but for me, it looks more like a sort of flop as a result of being sort of plonked onto the seat, but there again I see different things each time I watch it. Someone else noticed the passenger appears to have a lit up mobile phone as they drive off, so that (along with the possible seat belting) makes me doubt my interpretation of the footage - that the passenger was unwillingly bundled into the car.

In the photos you've seen, are these people standing by things that mean that you can determine their height accurately to compare PR's height?
Yes plus i see the pic of PR in a tracksuit and gave it to a friend who done something on his computer and told me around 5.8

To me it looks like someone does the passenger seat belt for them

The camera would need to be mounted at person height to be able to show the difference in height between car-roof and driver. It's filming from too high to make a comparison.

As I alluded in my post I can't see the angle making that much (if any) difference as he is so close to the car. If he was a few feet away from it and closer to the camera I would agree.

That’s frustrating. Thanks for trying anyway.

Maybe this has been discussed before, if so sorry.
At the end of the ITV cctv the reporter is walking down Haworth from the barriers and she says "...just 20 paces from where I am now " looks back at the barriers.

I went back and watched how many steps the reporter takes and the distance (counted the steps , 10 I think) and she covers a really short distance - don't think she is referring to strides here.
Was there a more recent report of Libby last spotted near the barriers top of Haworth? I think I vaguely remember something like that but can't be sure so just asking those with better recall than myself.... almost everyone ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok. I've been playing with the video footage of spidercam and I have slowed it down for the bit where a passenger is getting into the car. I have honestly never seen someone enter a car as they do. To me it looks as though both legs are in the car with the person sort of stood up before their bum hits the seat. Something is put in the footwell too and it looks to me like the bottom of a short skirt on the passenger. I have tried to upload the video but it is too large.

I have no idea what you people are looking at. I can barely make out anything on that CCTV clip, never mind the kind of detail being described. o_O

I wish i could post the video. I have just had another look and it seems that the right leg goes in the car, then the keft and the right leg moves again before the person actually sits down. Looks a very strange way to get unto a car. The nearest I can think of when this happens is when you have to try to get into the back seat of a 3 door car.

I have no idea what you people are looking at. I can barely make out anything on that CCTV clip, never mind the kind of detail being described. o_O

There was a clever poster who provided it in slo-mo way back, but I can't find that now.
I think I see something different every time I look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit