Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think witnesses - students and possibly taxi drivers saw that she definitely didn't go in to her house and they spoke to hey and she was incoherent and then stumbled away from her house. Someone that is supporting her parents said they believed she hadn't got a key. I think that is the most logical explanation.

I have done this myself in a drunken state, a friend said I was mumbling I didn’t live there. It was my house.

Just had a look at murder convictions without a body.

Theres been 16 in the last 358 years in the UK.

So without a body there's very unlikely to be a murder convictions.

But you're talking about the time between the year 1661 and now, DNA evidence at least has come a long way since then!
I think the chance of a conviction would depend more on the evidence than the statistics.

I have another theory. I was reading through old articles and saw her mum had quoted "She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home..simple." (Mum of missing Libby says her daughter got home before she vanished)

What if she had returned home, to find PR in her house in the middle of burglaring/committing acts in her home, she ran out the house in a panic, screamed, as she ran out maybe from the back door which was heard (would explain witness statements) and the grey bearded man saw her in distress? (does anyone know if the grey bearded man saw her on the bench or on the corner of a road?)

Then PR realised he needs to do something before she calls the police? Then goes and finds her, which is the spiderweb cctv. Maybe the 'bag' he puts in his car is of her possessions/underwear he may have stolen.

As well as being reported as exiting the taxi and stumbling off down the street, Libby arrived at the house at 11.29pm and the screams heard by the Heathcote witness were reported as an hour later.

It was said the grey bearded man saw Libby 'near' the bench.

If the taxi driver was paid to take Libby home as she was too drunk for the club and he cud see how drunk she was, falling etc, I'm surprised he didn't hang around to make sure she got into her house. Did he see her walking away from her house, if so why did he not ask her where she was going etc. If she had no key he cud have maybe taken her back to Welly instead of leaving her to stumble along the road alone when his remit was to take her home.
The taxi driver was not responsible for her. He did more than most would have, by getting out of the car and helping her up when she fell. Indeed a lot of taxi drivers refuse to carry drunks at all, in case they are sick in the car.

There is very little to see, it's poor quality (frame rate, resolution and compression), edited to bits and has a spider web flaring in the IR LEDs.
True ive run it through a pro editing suite to sharpen, zoom and clean it up a bit but theres not alot you can do as the quality is so poor to start with

One version about screams I havent seen on here in a long time is a MSM article where the woman was in bed and sat up hearing it and her husband was downstairs watching tv and he heard it too, then they had a convo about it. I've only recently seen slightly different versions of this where they were both in bed. However early on there was a link in here from MSM that said what I've just mentioned.
Yeah i read the hubby downstairs account too, cant remember which rag it was though

The taxi driver was not responsible for her. He did more than most would have, by getting out of the car and helping her up when she fell. Indeed a lot of taxi drivers refuse to carry drunks at all, in case they are sick in the car.
I'm no recent expert in severe drunkenness and have no idea where or what she drank. LS seems a bit worse for wear in the Welly CCTV yet someone here has quoted the doormen as saying she was in a really terrible state, refused entry and <modsnip: rumor>. When she got home she was incoherent. Obviously the taxi ride was totally unplanned. If she knew she had no key she may have had no chance to get one from a friend outside Welly even if her housemates were actually there. We are told she had no phone. By the time she gets home I can only guess that she had to hope a housemate was home and maybe a light on as evidence. It seems unlikely nowadays that a spare key would be hidden in the back yard area? Presumably there was no sign of a hosemate's presence and so she devised another plan - perhaps heading vaguely for another venue or address. Seemingly there was no friendly near-neighbour option and maybe she was feeling too embarrassed to knock on a door.Having got as far as Beverley the fresh and icy air was taking even more of a toll. Did she fall drunkenly or slip on ice to end up in distress? Then someone tried to help and she's into the Haworth St chapter of the nightmare. I really hope LE have a lot more info than I have!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question I’m not sure has been asked, why did they start searching so quickly (before the usual 24 hours?) I initially thought because LS was high risk but now I’m not sure of the police thinking from the start. They asked for help finding grey beard and stressed he wasn’t a suspect, how did they know he wasn’t a suspect at that point before even finding him? Is it possible they knew she may have been kidnapped/taken from the beginning? Or would that just be a general precaution they took with the case?

Edit to add link Search to find man seen helping missing Libby Squire, 21

There is no usual '24 hours'.

A person is missing as soon as they are missing.

If you turn round and in that second your child goes missing in a shopping centre, you don't go home and wait 24 hours. It's case by case basis.

If her housemates called in at 4am to say that their drunk, mini-skirted friend who went home 5 hours earlier, in minus 5, has not made it home, the Police wont tell them to call back after 24 hours.

In the case of Libby they were on it straight away - I always assumed it was due to the freezing conditions and the need to find a drunk person very quickly under those conditions.

Folks, if you aren't sure if something is MSM or rumor, please double check before you post. Saying "someone said" or "i read somewhere" is considered rumor if it can't be found in MSM. Don't make Mods do your homework for you and then have to remove posts if we find it is rumor ... we can get very cranky about it.

Attached the gates where the spider cam was filmed from , car parked on double yellows and in front of the gates , suspect it was there for a short while , great place to stop and pick up someone from a local bench

85 Haworth St

Google Maps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-003347.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-003347.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 86
Attached the gates where the spider cam was filmed from , car parked on double yellows and in front of the gates , suspect it was there for a short while , great place to stop and pick up someone from a local bench

85 Haworth St

Google Maps

Are those double yellows time restrained (as in operation between certain hours only) ? Also what does the thick blue road line signify? Thank you any locals.

Are those double yellows time restrained (as in operation between certain hours only) ? Also what does the thick blue road line signify? Thank you any locals.
Blue line is just Google maps showing where the Google car drove I think , I think the police are playing a waiting game for LS to turn up or for PR to crack

an HOUR later....?

'Officers have said Miss Squire was dropped off in a taxi near her home on Wellesley Avenue at 11.29pm on Thursday January 31...'

Hull student Libby Squire search continues as police given more time to quiz suspect

'The woman in her 30s told the Daily Mail the scream was so loud that it caused her and her husband to sit up in bed at 12.30am Friday morning.'

Neighbour of missing student Libby Squire heard 'loud female scream' 20 minutes after she vanished

I have a question I’m not sure has been asked, why did they start searching so quickly (before the usual 24 hours?) I initially thought because LS was high risk but now I’m not sure of the police thinking from the start. They asked for help finding grey beard and stressed he wasn’t a suspect, how did they know he wasn’t a suspect at that point before even finding him? Is it possible they knew she may have been kidnapped/taken from the beginning? Or would that just be a general precaution they took with the case?

Edit to add link Search to find man seen helping missing Libby Squire, 21

24 hours is a myth. They never wait 24 hours for ANYONE, vulnerable or not. However the national appeals came very quickly which is a little more unusual and this makes me think they had big concerns early on.

They always say people they are looking for are not suspects. Otherwise people jump to conclusions, when early on none of the witnesses are normally suspects, even though they might develop to be once the evidence comes in

I'm soooooo sorry Jessie. I feel I really shouldn't laugh but

:D:D:D:D:D:D ;)

85 Haworth St

Google Maps
That isnt where spidercam is located youve got that wrong, its at the other end of howarth street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3