Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm the only one who is enamoured with the sluice.

Circles? On which side of the sluice was she murdered? Could a body go through the sluice over a period of 3 months? If a body went through the sluice, what would the body look like in the tide?

Never mind. Is the sluice opened and closed with the rain water table?

Libby was missing for just less than 7 weeks before she was found.

Libby housemate's touching message to 'most incredible friend'

If anyone has seen Amelia's words in their entirety, you'll know how touching and incredibly mature they were.
Truly heartbreaking words that show the huge impact of the loss of Libby. She sounded an amazing person. So sad so unjust. I feel for her friends they must feel broken without her. Justice must be done for Libby. I liked what she said about Humberside Police. They never gave up in their determination to find Libby and now to find out what happened to her. And couldn't agree more with what her friend said about Hull. I think the people of Hull have shown huge support to Libby, her friends and family. It shows on on this forum with our locals working so hard for us on here with info, videos, photos, trips to the places described to help us on here. Hull has been amazing in all this. It's just so sad this tragedy happened in such a friendly city.

Last edited:
I think the river at Oak Rd provides a good example of that at the right time.

From memory, the 31st January was towards the end of a cold snap (one of the few of this quite mild winter). There was some snow lying in the CCTV release outside the nightclub but a thaw was underway so it is arguable that the local rivers might have been higher than normal and so faster flowing?

If she was killed around Oak Road area and then her body was taken somewhere else and put in the river then wouldn't dogs and forensics have picked the fact that a dead body had been in the PRs car? The only way this makes any sense is if he used another car or had help or that he wasn't involved at all.

I agree there should be a forensic indication of a body (or indeed LS living) in any car. I still wonder if a trailer could have been used (either borrowed or stolen). Can anyone from photos tell if the car seized from PR had a tow bar?

Bottom line, some Polish dude with a wife and a couple of kids was prowling around on the night that Libby was too drunk to drink?

Have you had a chance to read the early threads here Otto? You’re quoting a lot of incorrect information. Libby did not vanish from a park bench, the last known sighting of her was on a main road, close to (or perhaps on) a street bench (Libby’s bench). There is cctv footage of the exact same model car police towed away from the suspects home, just around the corner from that bench. A person is filmed rolling and smoking a cigarette sat on the drivers seat of that car, after which somebody is ‘helped’ (take that as you will) into the passenger side. That was just after midnight. The last reported sighting of Libby was 12:09.

Police will no doubt have additional ANPR and cctv footage which we’re presuming leads to Oak Rd park.

The ‘park bench’ you’re referring to is a bench in that park that during the 96 hours LE questioned the suspect became the focus of a short, very late night, forensics investigation. We don’t know why.

I’m not sure how the shores of France are relevant. The estuary flows out to the North Sea, not the English Channel. Be mindful that this is the body of a young missing daughter we’re talking about, referring to detached body parts on a forum where a great deal of people have shown such kind and compassionate emotions over the past 48 hours feels rather cold, not to mention factually incorrect.
The incorrect naming of the sea was clearly an error, easily done. Otto raises some very good points, I do agree with your last point, absolutely, I am sure no offence was intended to anyone. Its addictive this armchair detective stuff, gosh... late night for me last night too, easy to get carried away at times.

Beyond understandable curiosity and debate, I think a lot of us became involved and began posting about this case as a means of coping and trying to make sense of what happened.
Definitely, well said. Also the sheer helplessness I have felt in not being able to do anything made this place almost a home of like minded friends who desperately felt the same.

The incorrect naming of the sea was clearly an error, easily done. Otto raises some very good points, I do agree with your last point, absolutely, I am sure no offence was intended to anyone. Its addictive this armchair detective stuff, gosh... late night for me last night too, easy to get carried away at times.

It wasn’t just ‘the incorrect naming of the sea’. It was a whole stream of factually incorrect assumptions that are already causing confusion on what has been a very thorough and well researched, informative thread.

I’m all for people asking questions and theorising, but there have been very detailed and well constructed maps, videos and answers shared to explain why the sluice is simply not an option - by well informed locals with great knowledge of the area. Yet for some reason the misinformation and questions keep being repeated.

- Nobody knows when PR returned home
- There are two separate benches of significance to the enquiry so it’s important to be accurate
- The English Channel is the other end of the country
- No body parts have been washed up anywhere
- The Deep is a well manned, central tourist attraction covered in cctv and not somewhere you would conceal a body. Just because PR took a Facebook pic stood in front of it does not make it relevant
- Libby was tragically found deceased after 7 weeks (not 3 months)

<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads