Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a stupid question - sorry if it is, but could P be called to the coroners inquest as a witness if he is indeed confirmed as being in CCTV along with Libby or admitting to an encounter that night?
He wouldn't have to answer anything that could incriminate him in a court of law, he also has no legal right to defend himself, that is solely for a court of law with a jury of peers ....

He wouldn't have to answer anything that could incriminate him in a court of law, he also has no legal right to defend himself, that is solely for a court of law with a jury of peers ....

Would he be invited to attend though to answer questions on say Libby’s demeanour that night?

I do, @Pinkizzy - it seemed interesting, a potential prior abduction attempt with accomplice in the area a few days earlier; but the reports were dead vague. Most newspapers quoted the Mirror as the source, but I couldn't find their original story . It also kind of got folded into that other story about a fake taxi plying for trade on Newland Ave on on 3 Feb. That car, a VW, was identified and the driver investigated by police.

@PaddyOreally? and @Mersault originally discussed the balaclava/taxi abduction attempt on here and referenced the Sun but without a link. Maybe it's been since been quietly dropped from the Mirror/Sun's website.

I do, @Pinkizzy - it seemed interesting, a potential prior abduction attempt with accomplice in the area a few days earlier; but the reports were dead vague. Most newspapers quoted the Mirror as the source, but I couldn't find their original story . It also kind of got folded into that other story about a fake taxi plying for trade on Newland Ave on on 3 Feb. That car, a VW, was identified and the driver investigated by police.

@PaddyOreally? and @Mersault originally discussed the balaclava/taxi abduction attempt on here and referenced the Sun but without a link. Maybe it's been since been quietly dropped from the Mirror/Sun's website.
Yes i also remember this! I thought i had lost my mind when i couldnt find it again a couple of days or so after the disappearance of libby.

Yes i also remember this! I thought i had lost my mind when i couldnt find it again a couple of days or so after the disappearance of libby.

Potential homicide means they will take every step as if it was a certain homicide...but that also a definitive apparent cause of death was not visible at once...imo.

I'm sure the criminal case takes precedence and normally the facts come out there, no suspect would answer questions at an inquest as they can no comment

Thank you. Was wondering if because he can’t defend himself at inquest he could use it as an opportunity to back up a good samaritan gave crying girl a lift/ she left car, no idea what happened next kind of story.

What a horribly worded headline. She was a human being, not a piece of rubbish. Top marks Metro.
I thought journalists were supposed to be good at English? The comprehension skills shown would seem to disprove that. Nowhere does the statement remotely suggest that Libby was killed before entering the water. Det Supt Smalley basically said it was a missing persons enquiry but now they have located Libby, they are investigating what happened to her/how she came to be where she was found and that this might POTENTIALLY turn into a murder investigation.

This sensationalist/need to provide sound bites that ignore or twist all nuance really grinds my gears!!!

Thank you. Was wondering if because he can’t defend himself at inquest he could use it as an opportunity to back up a good samaritan gave crying girl a lift/ she left car, no idea what happened next kind of story.
The criminal proceedings always occur first and the coroner automatically closes the case with no hearing on a guilty verdict stating unlawful killing, but if not guilty verdict or charges are dropped not brought the coroner then opens a fact finding inquest so he would not want to appear by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman