Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought exactly the same things.Could it be to encourage the cyclist or any one else to come forward with information.

Perhaps the police would only let it be released if it was disguised in some way.
I think the police have a much clearer version.

This ^^ absolutely

Just a thought and would love your thoughts on it but could the loitering PR have been what alerted GB to Libby in the first place as ive seen it discussed why he felt compelled to stop and ask and even how he noticed her as bench wasn't the most obvious at a glance. I'm sure a concerned resident of an area would notice a man loitering near houses late on a freezing cold night .... well that's my opinion on one possible scenario thoughts??
I also wondered if that were the case. LE arrested PR quite early.

I agree and it's rare to link a stranger so quickly surely maybe GB had dashcam or a way to lead straight to him number plate maybe .... just voicing some maybes and seeing if anything sticks lol
Hi I think this was discussed in earlier threads.
When it was established early on that she was missing, and GB’s report that she was near that bench, then they asked local businesses for cctv of area, as well as own cctv evidence of Beverley Road. Some posters said they may have cctv evidence of the bench. They may well have footage of him speaking to her, plus licence plate from cctv.

Today is the first day I have posted on this site, but have been following and read the threads. I have a daughter about to go to Uni in October. I feel so much for the friends and family of Libby and am really impressed and touched by the tone and spirit of the threads on this site. Thank you all.

If they had footage of LS at the bench (Hull Live timeline in an article from yesterday), that would have also captured any potential interaction between LS and PR. Could this have been CCTV from across the road at Blush? If it then captured them walking up Haworth, police would have very quickly obtained CCTV from Haworth IMO eg any from Sash. Then LE or ITV got the spidercam footage, release delayed until the Friday following PR arrest on the Wednesday. IMO would have been very quick for police to check that CCTV and other CCTV from Beverley etc, get the reg and be onto him. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were on to him within the first few days and had him under surveillance until the arrest on Wednesday evening

Libby Squire: What happens next in police homicide investigation

Hi I think this was discussed in earlier threads.
When it was established early on that she was missing, and GB’s report that she was near that bench, then they asked local businesses for cctv of area, as well as own cctv evidence of Beverley Road. Some posters said they may have cctv evidence of the bench. They may well have footage of him speaking to her, plus licence plate from cctv.
Early on LE clearly had some evidence that she'd been seen talking to a man with a grey Beard. They asked him to come forward very early on which he did. LE then said he'd been 'very helpful'. What that evidence was we don't know but clearly she'd been seen there and LE knew to look there.

I agree and it's rare to link a stranger so quickly surely maybe GB had dashcam or a way to lead straight to him number plate maybe .... just voicing some maybes and seeing if anything sticks lol
I've been confused as to why GB was seen on CCTV and Libby was seen on the bench on CCTV, would not RL also have been seen? Or did LE just keep that part quiet.
Also I think the Spidercam is real but was only released to specifically find eye witnesses like the cyclist and the other car and so that any defense could not claim that the jury pool was tainted by the release of clear video. I DO believe they have additional clear video near there and at the bench. I don't think that kind of evidence is enough to rush into an arrest and charges.

If they had footage of LS at the bench (Hull Live timeline in an article from yesterday), that would have also captured any potential interaction between LS and PR. Could this have been CCTV from across the road at Blush? If it then captured them walking up Haworth, police would have very quickly obtained CCTV from Haworth IMO eg any from Sash. Then LE or ITV got the spidercam footage, release delayed until the Friday following PR arrest on the Wednesday. IMO would have been very quick for police to check that CCTV and other CCTV from Beverley etc, get the reg and be onto him. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were on to him within the first few days and had him under surveillance until the arrest on Wednesday evening
Exactly my thoughts.

I don't think it's been confirmed that there is CCTV of GreyBeard or Libby. We know there is a camera further down the road which most likely rotates / pans and therefore won't catch everything. Other options might be bus or lorry cameras, dashcams from cars and taxis, even gopro footage from cyclists.

I've been confused as to why GB was seen on CCTV and Libby was seen on the bench on CCTV, would not RL also have been seen? Or did LE just keep that part quiet.
Also I think the Spidercam is real but was only released to specifically find eye witnesses like the cyclist and the other car and so that any defense could not claim that the jury pool was tainted by the release of clear video. I DO believe they have additional clear video near there and at the bench. I don't think that kind of evidence is enough to rush into an arrest and charges.

I agree that spidercam was real, but possibly deliberately restricted in what was shown on MSM.
I am also of the opinion that if the reason for its release was to trace wittnesses that would have been made public.
The police never asked for witnesses to the spidercam video.
I do agree they have clear video of the area around Beveley Ave/Howarth St.

I find the fact that a group of people can lock you in a cage for decades without even having the certainty you committed a crime absolutely chilling. It’s no wonder we’re hearing more and more often of wrongful convictions. Forensic “science” is loaded to the brim with pseudoscientific, untested claims. Much of it isn’t even science.

To me, it’s terrifying that a person, even you or I, could find themselves at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and be sentenced to life in prison solely because of shoddy forensics and a blood-thirsty jury. I don’t think beyond reasonable doubt is good enough. Not the least because the average person isn’t all that reasonable. I’d rather see ten guilty men walk free than an innocent one be locked up.

I can only hope the police have much more evidence against him. If not, and he gets locked up based on what I’ve read in Libby’s threads so far, then I’m scared to go outside.
Going outside is safe. Committing sexually deviant crimes such as voyeurism, masturbating in the street and burglary and then being the last person to see a vulnerable young girl alive is a different kettle of fish.

Last edited:
I agree that spidercam was real, but possibly deliberately restricted in what was shown on MSM.
I am also of the opinion that if the reason for its release was to trace wittnesses that would have been made public.
The police never asked for witnesses to the spidercam video.
I do agree they have clear video of the area around Beveley Ave/Howarth St.
Oh. The video I watched loinked up thread I had seen before - it was the reporter who mentioned the cyclist and the car.

Actually have the police ever mentioned the spidercam?

I thought so too, but I've seen today the timing of PR arriving and somehow hadn't realised before today the timings make overlap possible so was thinking PR and his loitering ways may have alerted GB to her rather than GB drawing PR attention as such .... a gent would worry a lady being hassled and felt he had to check she was not trying to escape which I doubt she was at that point,
To be honest it's just an idea as of today and was putting it out there as much to be told how it wasn't possible etc
I think I'm going mad. I've just looked at the ITV footage again on you tube to check what they said and I'm sure it's changed.

I'm sure when I first viewed it the presenter said something about 20 minutes of suspicious activity around the corner. Now it just seems to say suspicious activity around the corner. Before showing the edited CCTV. Does anyone have links the original?

I don't think it's been confirmed that there is CCTV of GreyBeard or Libby. We know there is a camera further down the road which most likely rotates / pans and therefore won't catch everything. Other options might be bus or lorry cameras, dashcams from cars and taxis, even gopro footage from cyclists.
I was just about to say that. If Greybeard was caught on a mobile cam, then it doesn't follow that PR (if it was he) would be seen at the same spot.

I've said before - I think the most likely reason that Greybeard stopped is because Libby had fallen over. She might even have fallen in the road itself. We know from witnesses that she fell over earlier, and it was an icy night. There must have been a very strong reason for stopping the car, and seeing an interaction between two people is unlikely to have been enough.

Oh. The video I watched loinked up thread I had seen before - it was the reporter who mentioned the cyclist and the car.

Actually have the police ever mentioned the spidercam?
No they haven't. But ITV is a reputable media source and the footage is carefully edited so I'm guessing it was done with police knowledge and blessing. Nobody has come forward to sue them for defamation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3