Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think if someone running from the park had seen something untoward, they’d say, especially given the outcome.
There’s quite a large East European population in Hull, I hope they’re circulating it on ‘their’ media channels too. I wonder how many follow ‘hull live’
or watch the BBC?
I haven’t actually seen it on or in any media aside what’s been linked to here or I’ve since followed since this case so perhaps they’re not getting the
correct reach?
I hope the people in it, have just not seen it.
Edited as it didn’t really make sense. Not sure it still does!

I wonder if the police have visited the local factories and have put up posters or asked managers to speak to staff about any information they might have.

I think she had got home, realised she didn’t have a key to get in, she didn’t have her phone and probably didn’t have any money, I’m of course presuming her friends paid for the taxi. I think she got more and more upset because of these things and more vulnerable as she got colder. So she would have been upset and distressed. I think she was either trying to get back to The Welly where her friends were, but that doesn’t explain crossing the road or she went to the bench to feel safe until her friends got home. I think if I was in that vulnerable and very cold state I would have tried to get back to The Welly unless I had a friend somewhere who I knew would be home.

Another thought that I find really upsetting - if she'd made it a few metres further towards the junction, to The Haworth, door staff there would've helped her.

Was the perp watching already? Were they picking up a takeaway, or nipped into Sainsbury’s? Had a drink in Haworth? All my musings only but there’s been a split second his head was turned in Libby’s direction-where was he for this to happen? I’m hoping they have more of a picture of his movements and shops/pubs etc have been very good on keeping quiet.
Theory based on spider cam:
He has seen Libby on or near Beverley Road while driving past and noticed that she was staggering or unsteady.
He drives around to Haworth St where he knows he can park close to the main road.
He gets out of the car and walks to the main road, but sees that Greybeard is with Libby, so he returns to the car and waits for a while.
Then he goes back to see if Libby is still there. She is, and she's alone now, so he persuades her to come with him and brings her to his car.

I agree on your last sentence in regards to ‘upset’ distressed to me conjours up strong, if not hysterical crying/wailing, and yet again in this sad story, so many things mean so many things to all of us!
Or
MOO in this instance, falling, scrapes on legs/knees maybe, laying down on the road or pavement? I think the LE choice of ‘distressed’ and GB stopping means it’s something above and beyond our idea of a drunk person struggling to sit up straight.
"Distressed" is often used by police or emergency services as a tactful euphemism for being very drunk. It is used where the person is in some way a victim, as opposed to situations where the drunk person is causing trouble.

He has seen Libby on or near Beverley Road while driving past and noticed that she was staggering or unsteady.
He drives around to Haworth St where he knows he can park close to the main road.
He gets out of the car and walks to the main road, but sees that Greybeard is with Libby, so he returns to the car and waits for a while.
Then he goes back to see if Libby is still there. She is, and she's alone now, so he persuades her to come with him and brings her to his car.

"Distressed" is often used by police or emergency services as a tactful euphemism for being very drunk. It is used where the person is in some way a victim, as opposed to situations where the drunk person is causing trouble.

My only ‘issue’ with him waiting for GB to leave is the time scale between GB stopping to help and 12.09. It’s circa 24? Minutes.
Depending on how long GB was assisting/around, which we don’t know for sure.

I think the bench was the closest seating area she knew of and after taking alcohol she'd rather sit down in a well lit area than stand.

The Oak Rd playing fields POI was seen to be running intermittently alone and not looking back (unlike the first person in the Croda CCTV footage). Perhaps he knew there was no reason to look back as he already knew LS was in the water at that time?

Taking her into the park means he sacrificed warmth, privacy and sound proofing for access and control. Perhaps PR didn't want the interior of the car to be damaged in a struggle or the possibility of sick. He had to share the car with his wife, children and possibly one other adult.

My only ‘issue’ with him waiting for GB to leave is the time scale between GB stopping to help and 12.09. It’s circa 24? Minutes.
Depending on how long GB was assisting/around, which we don’t know for sure.
And there may have been other people in the vicinity and he waited till he thought they'd gone. With the car door open he might hear voices.

20 minutes would tie in with the ITV report which went with Spidercam.

I don’t think I explained myself well.
I’m not questioning the time scale.
More the time between GB helping LS and then, presuming the CCTV is LS and PR?
The time he left between GB leaving and him approaching LS at the bench.
It says GB helped LS 11.40-45,
LS has left the bench by 12.09.
If GB had left LS by 11.45, 24 minutes is a long time to hope she’s still there if he was waiting.
It is entirely possible I’ve got this completely wrapped round my head and if I have, apologies.

I absolutely agree with this way of thinking. This wasn't chance. I'm not saying he had stalked her for any length of time, but he had seen her before parking on Haworth - either on or near the bench itself, or prior to this in the Beresford Avenue area. To my mind, the fact that he had turned the car around and was in a position to leave the street quickly points to intent.

Yes, that’s a point. There wa
And there may have been other people in the vicinity and he waited till he thought they'd gone. With the car door open he might hear voices.
s the car and cyclist too but still not accounting for 24 minutes in my head, even with a *advertiser censored* break. BUT we only have part footage. He may have gone and try to coerce her verbally 1/2/3 times previously, I guess before plucking up the courage to make her.

The time he left between GB leaving and him approaching LS at the bench.
If GB had left LS by 11.45, 24 minutes is a long time to hope she’s still there if he was waiting.
It is entirely possible I’ve got this completely wrapped round my head and if I have, apologies.

Bear in mind that not all of his time parked there is on the itv cctv. We see him returning to the vehicle to smoke; who’s to say he hadn’t already been round the corner interacting with Libby at 11:49?

To my mind, the fact that he had turned the car around and was in a position to leave the street quickly points to intent.
Maybe, but I wouldn't read anything into that as a lot of people would always do that, same as reversing into a parking space. I've noticed that it's something men almost always do - leave the vehicle positioned ready for departure.

The time he left between GB leaving and him
approaching LS at the bench.

I wonder if GB drove a little way down the road and just observed her for a while to see if she stayed on the bench and seemed o.k and PR watched until he drove off. PR could have walked back and forth from his car several times hence the suspicious activity reported.

Last edited:
Bear in mind that not all of his time parked there is on the itv cctv. We see him returning to the vehicle to smoke; who’s to say he hadn’t already been round the corner interacting with Libby at 11:49?
Yeah, there’re chunks missing.
Hence why I added I guess he could have gone several times previously in my last post. :-)

And it’s a massive 10 minute chunk from when it was said he parked to when we first see him returning to his car.

Is there anywhere in that immediate environment that you could buy a take away hot drink?

Is there anywhere in that immediate environment that you could buy a take away hot drink?

Yes, I think he went either to Sainsbury’s across the way (cigarettes / papers / lighter ?) or to the chicken shop. It would also enable him to explain where he was going to his wife - if she was home. Perhaps the bag he’s seen putting into the back is a carrier bag?

Not at that time of night, no.

ETA - there is both a Tesco and another branch of Sainsbury's closer to his home. I'm not buying that he'd been to the shop.

Not at that time of night, no.

ETA - there is both a Tesco and another branch of Sainsbury's closer to his home. I'm not buying that he'd been to the shop.

I’m with you on the cruising Wellesley/Beresford/Bev Road area when he first saw her. I’m just wondering if as part of his softly,softly approach of maybe not seeming too keen for her to go with him, he’s done some “kind” act like giving her a hot drink on a cold night before returning to her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member