Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think they would wait until more post mortem test results were returned.
I would think PR is pretty unsettled wondering what evidence they have found so they are letting him stew as long as possible.

Hope you are right, my fear is that she drowned in the river trying to escape him in which case even though he is responsible for her death he won’t be punished for it

If there was any evidence of intercourse with her on that bench for example he would be charged with rape by now (carries a sentence up to life if convicted) as she was incapable of giving consent due to being too drunk, likewise if his dna was found on her body

No it can be same as long as they have new evidence to question him again...I’m guessing now they have found her then they will have new evidence. They could be waiting for further medical tests, or they could have already paid him a visit and questioned him - we do not know. Maybe they’re letting him stew.....as Skigh said

I didn't think they could question him anymore for abduction as he's been questioned for 96 hours already.
I'm only guessing but as she's sadly been found dead, unless they think he's only abducted her and had no further involvement, they'd have no reason to investigate that further.
There would be a further charge, opening up more hours to question.

The landlord obviously doesn't want to be paying for an empty house... Talk about putting profits before people...

I’m intrigued .. how would the landlord be putting profits before people in this case?

Most of these HMO’s are sold with sitting tenants. They’re investment properties. Nobody would be getting thrown out, the tenants that live there will simply pay rent to a new landlord, is all.

But I have a horrible feeling Libby’s housemates no longer felt they could stay and have very possibly gone home to their respective families. Their tendency would have been up in June so there would be 2 or 3 months rent left to pay, which their families have probably covered. In such awful circumstances the landlord might even have waivered that payment altogether.

Not all landlords are rich, heartless businessmen. I have a rental property with long term tenants, if they were to bail out unexpectedly I’d still have a mortgage to cover. It would be difficult for both sides.

These practicalities really are an awful situation for all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only source we heard about her phone was still in her room at her house, was from Shrugger. I thought it odd at the time he would mention a specific like this, I thought it would be strange the Police would mention this to her friends? Thoughts please.

I believe shrugger said they took the phone & other items from her bedroom...but I’ve found this article saying police found her phone on day 4 after she went missing...surely if it were in her room it would have been found before that? Police find missing Libby Squire’s phone as parents beg her to get in contact - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Last edited:
Hope you are right, my fear is that she drowned in the river trying to escape him in which case even though he is responsible for her death he won’t be punished for it

If there was any evidence of intercourse with her on

at bench for example he would be charged with rape by now (carries a sentence up to life if convicted) as she was incapable of giving consent due to being too drunk, likewise if his dna was found on her
body

The police have said they are treating it as homicide . So I think they have evidence of this.
My reading of this is that Libby was not alive when she entered the river.If this was the case there could be evidence of how she died.

I didn't think they could question him anymore for abduction as he's been questioned for 96 hours already.
I'm only guessing but as she's sadly been found dead, unless they think he's only abducted her and had no further involvement, they'd have no reason to investigate that further.
There would be a further charge, opening up more hours to question.

Does a further charge begin the clock again? I can’t recall what our resident lawyer told us on a previous thread. Their 96 hours is up on abduction, but I’m not convinced they can start at zero hours with a murder investigation? Whilst it’s a new charge it’s essentially the same investigation. I think they will need every piece of evidence to charge him and from there it might be straight to court?

Police discussion of phone here:
Libby Squire missing: The questions surrounding her disappearance[/QUOTE
Has this other motorist been commented on before? I re read the article that you posted but noticed another motorist mentioned not only the taxi driver and grey beard.Would the passing motorist be a further witness?
"Detective Superintendent Matt Hutchinson said: “I want to make it clear that these two individuals (along with a passing motorist) are not suspects in this inquiry"

Hull Live have just posted this picture on Facebook.

My words can't do the beauty of this justice.

I agree. Thank you for posting this, it is beautiful. I will never be at "Libby's Bench", in a different country and far away, but this picture shows the hearts she has captured and brings tears to think she sat here that night. I hope in some way it brings her family some comfort. If something could be both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the very same time, this pic is exactly that. RIP Libby.

Also Articles from the mirror & hull daily mail dated 2nd of Feb say Ryan Tweddle (shrugger) states police had taken phone from her room. It wasn’t confirmed that police had found her phone until 4th Feb Libby Squire's friend speaks about the night she disappeared Could it be that the phone was found in the garden perhaps? Maybe during a struggle that was overheard by the woman in Heathcote? Screams, muffled voices, gate banging etc? Or maybe even dropped it when she got out of the taxi & fell?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks that no one will ever be rightfully convicted for Libby's death?

The evil who did that to Libby will be free to do it again to some other poor, vulnerable young woman. Shocking.

Or maybe they're very upset by Libby's death and don't want to be associated with the house anymore.

We don't know if her house mates are still living there either.

Maybe true, I hadn't thought of that.

Am I the only one who thinks that no one will ever be rightfully convicted for Libby's death?

The evil who did that to Libby will be free to do it again to some other poor, vulnerable young woman. Shocking.

I think there is enough evidence to charge him and I hope it is strong enough to convince a jury of his guilt.

I’m intrigued .. how would the landlord be putting profits before people in this case?

Most of these HMO’s are sold with sitting tenants. They’re investment properties. Nobody would be getting thrown out, the tenants that live there will simply pay rent to a new landlord, is all.

But I have a horrible feeling Libby’s housemates no longer felt they could stay and have very possibly gone home to their respective families. Their tendency would have been up in June so there would be 2 or 3 months rent left to pay, which their families have probably covered. In such awful circumstances the landlord might even have waivered that payment altogether.

Not all landlords are rich, heartless businessmen. I have a rental property with long term tenants, if they were to bail out unexpectedly I’d still have a mortgage to cover. It would be difficult for both sides.

These practicalities really are an awful situation for all.

One of LS housemates/best friends is definitely back at uni now not sure about the others though.

Also Articles from the mirror & hull daily mail dated 2nd of Feb say Ryan Tweddle (shrugger) states police had taken phone from her room. It wasn’t confirmed that police had found her phone until 4th Feb Libby Squire's friend speaks about the night she disappeared Could it be that the phone

was found in the garden perhaps? Maybe during a struggle that was overheard by the woman in Heathcote? Screams, muffled voices, gate banging

etc? Or maybe even dropped it when she got out of the taxi & fell?

I think if the
Police thought any thing happened at Libby 's house the Landlord would not yet be able to put it on the market it would still be a scene of crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3