Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope so, surprised he hasn’t yet been charged with any offences in York yet either.[/QUOTE.

Could be difficult to convict him for offences in York unless they have DNA evidence.
He is behind bars so the police have time to make further charges.

I think if the
Police thought any thing happened at Libby 's house the Landlord would not yet be able to put it on the market it would still be a scene of crime.
No I don’t believe any crime occurred in Libby’s house, just suggesting IF she did have a phone she could have dropped it outside when she fell or during a possible struggle as a lady came forward & said she heard a couple of screams, male muffled voices & a gate slamming. I agree any crime happened in Libby’s home it would have been treated as a crime scene from the onset.

Libby's phone is bugging me. I'm sure she's using a phone from her jacket pocket on way to The Welly. I've never heard of 2 friends sharing a phone on a night out (see previous discussion on perhaps sharing one with her friend)
Yet...her phone was found in her room.
How come? Could it be that 'someone' placed it back in her room? If so, why? Was it 'planted' there?

Hope you are right, my fear is that she drowned in the river trying to escape him in which case even though he is responsible for her death he won’t be punished for it

If there was any evidence of intercourse with her on that bench for example he would be charged with rape by now (carries a sentence up to life if convicted) as she was incapable of giving consent due to being too drunk, likewise if his dna was found on her body

I'm also not convinced as yet that the evidence needed will be found ..I'm also still not convinced that she did not die trying to escape him .. i hope the evidence needed to fit what truly happened comes

As they have used the term "homicide" I'm still very much on the fence

Libby's phone is bugging me. I'm sure she's using a phone from her jacket pocket on way to The Welly. I've never heard of 2 friends sharing a phone on a night out (see previous discussion on perhaps sharing one with her friend)
How come? Could it be that 'someone' placed it back in her room? If so, why? Was it 'planted' there?

I did wonder early on if it was placed back in her room to try and confuse timings but as there have been a few quotes regards her not having it on her and the police stating its provided no help I've since thought not

Just returned from visiting a friend on Beresford. There's a For Sale sign outside of 32 Wellesley.

It's been up for sale since before Libby went missing, or at least the sign was up by the time the media took photos of her house.

EDIT there are previous posts on here confirming the house has been on the market since last summer, but the Rightmove listing has vanished. Did you notice which agent it is up with? It had a red and white sign up in the early days.

NINTCHDBPICT000466516212.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting article, has it been update since 7th Feb it doesn't state it has but looks like it may have? Couple of points for me in it, they searched the pond twice so what prompted the 2nd search and taxi driver, greybeard and passing motorist so it was noticeable what was going on for a passing motorist to also notice something was wrong?
I think they have him and LS at the park , possibly CCTV of the car heading that way , hence the double search of the pond etc , he's got lucky with the seven weeks in the water here , which may have removed any linking evidence .

I think they have him and LS at the park , possibly CCTV of the car heading that way , hence the double search of the pond etc , he's got lucky with the seven weeks in the water here , which may have removed any linking evidence .

Are you talking about DNA evidence on LS's body?

It's been up for sale since before Libby went missing, or at least the sign was up by the time the media took photos of her house.

EDIT there are previous posts on here confirming the house has been on the market since last summer, but the Rightmove listing has vanished. Did you notice which agent it is up with? It had a red and white sign up in the early days.

View attachment 177046

Yes it has definitely been up for sale since the time she went missing if not before. The pictures on Rightmove were how we knew it was the right house from the kitchen compared to the video of Libby singing the spider song. But as you say all traces of the house for sale seem to have disappeared online.

Hi @Scorpiette and others. The earlier discussion re phone sharing was instigated by me. There had already been a difference of opinion about the Welly CCTV footage. Someone thought Libby put a mobile to her ear whilst others thought she just flicked her hair. In trying to resolve the difference I was able to demonstrate IMO that Libby did take a mobile from her jacket pocket, then looked down at it and then put it to her ear just before going out of view. In a subsequent sequence, her close friend now holds a mobile and is joined by Libby beside the queue and is without a mobile. I was suggesting in my post that out of the picture Libby had returned her friend's mobile back to her. When Libby then gets a taxi home she would not have a mobile. We already knew that her own mobile never left her house that evening. Hope this clears things up for a few people.

Also Articles from the mirror & hull daily mail dated 2nd of Feb say Ryan Tweddle (shrugger) states police had taken phone from her room. It wasn’t confirmed that police had found her phone until 4th Feb Libby Squire's friend speaks about the night she disappeared Could it be that the phone was found in the garden perhaps? Maybe during a struggle that was overheard by the woman in Heathcote? Screams, muffled voices, gate banging etc? Or maybe even dropped it when she got out of the taxi & fell?
No, I think it's just the way it may have been subsequently reported elsewhere. The linked report is dated 2 Feb as you say, and Ryan is quoted “Police came yesterday and took some items, such as a phone, from her room." That seems clear enough.

Interesting article, has it been update since 7th Feb it doesn't state it has but looks like it may have? Couple of points for me in it, they searched the pond twice so what prompted the 2nd search and taxi driver, greybeard and passing motorist so it was noticeable what was going on for a passing motorist to also notice something was wrong?
'Detective Superintendent Matt Hutchinson said: “I want to make it clear that these two individuals (along with a passing motorist) are not suspects in this inquiry.” '

I think the "passing motorist" probably responded to the police appeals for people who had seen Libby, and s/he may be the one who reported the interaction with Greybeard.

One of Libby's best friends, Lauren Goodman, also said: "She didn't have her phone with her that night so we can't get anything from it."

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-libby-squires-mum-says-13946016.amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-libby-squires-mum-says-13946016

I also remember (but can't find) someone saying Libby would always get in touch when she got home, even if she didn't have her phone. To me, that sounded like it wasn't unusual to not have her phone. I suppose when things are within walking distance not everyone in a group needs one.

Last edited:

^^ A friend said Libby didn't have her phone. Anyway, police can check when the phone was last used and if there was any movement of it that evening via phone masts, and they said there was nothing to help the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member