Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

quote from article:

The 25-year-old man arrested yesterday (Wednesday, 21 August) on suspicion of the murder of Libby Squire has been released under investigation as further enquiries continue.

Doesn't seem to be PR, as this person was released. Wouldn't they have said "returned to custody"??

And isn't PR 24 years old, and article says 25 years old. Or do I PR's age wrong?

TIA!

quote from article:

The 25-year-old man arrested yesterday (Wednesday, 21 August) on suspicion of the murder of Libby Squire has been released under investigation as further enquiries continue.

Doesn't seem to be PR, as this person was released. Wouldn't they have said "returned to custody"??

And isn't PR 24 years old, and article says 25 years old. Or do I PR's age wrong?

TIA!

Could be someone different but my guess is PR has had a birthday since his arrest (and maybe sentencing)

quote from article:

TIA!

As they are keeping the identity of the suspect anonymous, it would probably be too obvious if they stated he was released back to custody.

Also, during PR's most recent court case, he was described as being 25. He's obviously had his birthday since this whole thing began.

The article also says they are preparing a case to put to the CPS but normally that's done while under arrest ...maybe it's purely because he is in prison so they are taking things steady ?

Really hoping that is the case. It's not like when he was arrested previously, this time he is only going straight back to prison so maybe they just brought him in for official questioning about murder - as opposed to abduction/kidnapping last time to let him know they weren't quitting, possibly were hoping to get a confession out of him while he was in this particular frame of mind after his sentencing last week. I feel very hopeful he will be question again yet.

As for screams heard, why are the heathcote screams being dismissed, surely they are as valid to the case as the park screams. who can say both sets of screams wasnt libby. who can say there hasnt been a major error made by LE when they searched parts of heathcote/ wellesley. the banging of the garden gate and more screams. im really not sure PR is the only one involved here.
It's possible that the people who were responsible for the screams and gate slamming in Heathcote St. have been identified and eliminated from the enquiry.

suspect arrested on suspicion of the murder of tragic university student Libby Squire has today been released under investigation.

The 25-year-old man was detained yesterday in connection with the death.

Humberside Police spokesman said "constant investigative developments and procedures are ongoing" into the murder probe.

Detective Superintendent Martin Smalley, who is the senior investigating officer of the complex case, said: “Proceedings are active and I would remind people to please refrain from any speculation, as the investigation is very much live and continuing.

There are further enquiries still being carried out and there are constant investigative developments and procedures that are ongoing.

The majority of the additional analysis stage is now complete, with a small number still pending final results. A file is being prepared for the Crown Prosecution Service as the investigation progresses.
Libby Squire murder suspect 'released under investigation' as inquiries continue

quote from article:

TIA!
He was described as 25 last week so I guess he's had a birthday.

I guess he was arrested so they could question him on something they've found. Sounds like they're tying up loose ends

I'm guessing released just means not under questioning and he's been returned to prison.

The fact they used the term murder makes me think they have something. They've moved on from homicide. Massive leap to murder.

This clearly isn't the simple case it seems to be. They've said from the start that it's complex and they've been very careful to keep details out of the public domain. That includes the removal of stuff from SM.

It is still possible he didn't act alone

File being prepared for CPS.
This is usually done whilst in custody on serious crimes? The police are required to send a file to the CPS to ask can they charge. They cannot charge without the ok of the CPS.
My best guess is they are almost ready to charge, but the speed of having the file prepped isnt against them as he is released, back to HMP. They can send the file when they are completely ready and sure its watertight rather than toing and froing with the CPS, because getting him off the streets isnt an issue.

I expect a charge soon, why else prepare a file for CPS at all?

I wonder if the arrest came at a time when he would presumably be feeling low in order to question him when he’s vulnerable (if that’s the right word to use in the case of someone who behaves as he does). A sort of ‘get him when he’s down’ tactic to push a guilty plea or hope he feels so dejected and downhearted that he admits to involvement? Perhaps his wife has spoken more freely with LE since his conviction?

Why release him? (I too assume this means ‘release into custody’ - it just can’t be phrased that way) Was this to put new questions to him, gauge his responses, go away with the answers and then come back and pick up where they left off? I hope this doesn’t mean they’ve hit a brick wall.

IMO they know it’s him. They knew from the beginning. But without admittance of guilt (and his lawyers pleas that he wants to return to Poland ASAP - I bet he does! - didn’t instil me with confidence that his story or plea might change in relation to LS), they’re back to square one. I hope not.

Religious question for anyone who might know ... Presuming he’s catholic as his mum stated, would one have to stand up and admit guilt for god to forgive? Or can you simply ask god for forgiveness privately without admitting what you’ve done in court or to the police? His wearing of the noticeable crucifix - which he had never done before - I wondered if this was an attempt to look like the religious family man in court (not really gonna wash with that charge list!) or if it was some sort of self protection from a higher power. Forgive me, I’m agnostic so I’m not sure under the catholic rules how this would sit. Just thinking out loud whether he’s genuinely god-fearing and repentant (he might feel compelled to confess) or if it’s just a PR (no pun intended) stunt.

He was described as 25 last week so I guess he's had a birthday.

I guess he was arrested so they could question him on something they've found. Sounds like they're tying up loose ends

I'm guessing released just means not under questioning and he's been returned to prison.

The fact they used the term murder makes me think they have something. They've moved on from homicide. Massive leap to murder.

This clearly isn't the simple case it seems to be. They've said from the start that it's complex and they've been very careful to keep details out of the public domain. That includes the removal of stuff from SM.

It is still possible he didn't act alone

I know the thought he might not have acted alone has sat with you throughout as a scenario. Do you still strongly believe that? Or is it just a vague possibility in your mind? I’m intrigued as to why ... for me everything points to dark, fear instilling, odd sex loner. Would he realistically be able to persuade anyone to cover for him? Would he be likely to meet a like minded deviant? I love reading your posts and really respect your thoughts on this case - because most are very much aligned with my own thinking. But for me this is definitely a solo act.

Presuming he’s catholic as his mum stated, would one have to stand up and admit guilt for god to forgive? Or can you simply ask god for forgiveness privately without admitting what you’ve done in court or to the police

SBM
I'm not religious but I'm still pretty sure 'god' doesn't require the attendance of humberside police or a representative for the uk justice system to hear a confession. ;-)

quote from article:

TIA!

Have seen this before with a person who is already in prison, they still say released because they have been released from that specific investigation

He’s had a birthday since original arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member