DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Missing woman Libby Squire | Humberside Police

Can you help find missing Libby Squire (21) last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club in Hull at around 11pm last night?

She is 5ft 7ins tall with shoulder length brown hair and was wearing a black long sleeved top, leather jacket and black denim skirt with lace.

If you have seen her please call 101 quoting log 29 of 01/02/19.

upload_2019-2-2_10-21-48.jpegupload_2019-2-2_10-25-38.jpeg

Humberside Police

Woman, 21, missing after last being seen getting into taxi on night out

Huge search for missing Libby Squire continues

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18

Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21

Thread #22

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin note:
Websleuths operates differently than other sites. It may be difficult to understand our rules in the beginning but when you have been here awhile you begin to appreciate the reasoning behind the rules. Primarily, we respect the integrity of a case by keeping out rumors and we also uphold protecting the innocent and peripheral players in a case.

New members need to read the following terms of service in their entirety. Members are responsible for knowing our rules and posting accordingly.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Please be mindful of the following:
* We do not sleuth people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* We do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI.

* We never post the name of a private individual, minor or adult, who has not been named in the media.

* Questions about the rules or moderation should be addressed to a mod in a private message called a conversation. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, do not reply as it will cause a huge clean up for mods. Alert the post so a mod can look at the post.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

Here is some information regarding our social media rules in case you missed it on the last thread.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

In summary, only the bolded blue are allowed to be discussed here.

If anyone is still not clear about the rules please contact me or another moderator via private message/conversation before posting.

ADMIN NOTE:

Read the following. Do NOT discuss it and do NOT message Mods or Admins for individual explanations of removed posts.

Overnight we had 5 pages of Alerts on this thread alone. It has required a massive cleanup and a major amount of time that Mods and Admins do not have time to deal with. We have hundreds of other threads to attend to. Although we do not normally do it, if the disruption continues, we WILL close this trial discussion and make it Media *NO DISCUSSION* only.

READ THE RULES.

Discussing moderation is an automatic Time Out.

Do not discuss other members. PERIOD.

Locals do not need to provide proof/links when they are describing an area they are familiar with.

Unless it has been reported that PR has ADHD, it is off limits. There are no members who are qualified to diagnose him.

Members cannot state their opinion as fact. If it is your opinion, make that clear. If it is fact, provide a link (unless it has just recently been already linked)

Move on from the “dogging site” discussion. It’s derailing the thread. If a local states something they know about the area, they do not have to provide proof/links. Members can choose to believe it or not and move on without bickering and debating it to death.

Stop the snark, debating and bickering.

Circumventing a ban is not allowed. Members may be banned under BOTH accounts.

Please continue respectful discussion here in accordance with Websleuths TOS.

Websleuths exists due to the good graces of its owner,Tricia Griffith. If you do not like her rules or abide by her rules, there are other sites where you can say whatever you want. Websleuths is not that site.

Mods and Admins are here to ensure that TOS is followed. We are not jerks for removing posts or members who do not post in accordance with The Rules that Tricia has established.

ADMIN NOTE:

Hey folks, members can't just grab images off the internet and post them here without providing a link to the source. The images do not belong to us so we must give credit to the source.

It's not just a WS rule, it is copyright law.

No link, no post.

Hey everyone,

It's been brought to our attention that members are not following Websleuths preferred policy of using initials in place of full names (i.e. Mr. Alford should be referred to as simply SA).

It's too late now as Moderators don't have time to go back through the entire discussion, but from this point on and in future case discussions, please remember to use initials for witnesses and all other individuals who are not either victim of POI/suspect/accused.

Thank you.

Thank you JamJim, Niner thank you and take care, and thanks to all here, I think Libby's threads have been a good example of what WS can offer, a really good discussion and different viewpoints. And we've had good local input which is very important. I know for me that this is a case that will stay with me for good. It's the haunting CCTV, the catastrophic chain of events, the bitterness of the weather, the care for the victim Libby and the truly miraculous recovery of her body which has ensured that PR will pay for what he did.

I was thinking a bit more about what might have contributed to Libby's death. Something that has always stuck with me was (having wandered outside myself to the car on one of the nights when she had first gone missing) was just how unbearable the temp of -5 was for me in about a minute of being outside. My teeth were chattering in seconds and I was shivering which are healthy responses, but I haven't heard anything in the reports about whether witnesses saw any signs that Libby was doing this. And taking the amount of time she was outside and the large surface area of her uncovered legs from which she would have lost so much heat, I have to believe she was dangerously hypothermic.

I've only ever dealt with one hypothermic patient personally many years ago and thank God I had an experienced night sister with me. But I remember she was spot on about how critical it is (and counter-intuitive) that you have to warm someone up very very gradually. I have a vague memory that we even put him into the bath and very slowly warmed the water, he was an elderly man and the weather was just cold not bitter, he survived thank God but my colleague really thought that he wouldn't. The reason is that rapid change in temps can cause the heart to go into abnormal and dangerous arrythmias. I'm wondering if the combination of Libby warming up too quickly in PR's car, then going back into the cold, the stress on her heart from terror, trying to get away, the shock of being assaulted/heavy weight on her at this time, plus PR putting his hand over her mouth caused her heart to go into an arrythmia? I think it's very likely, although I think it's equally likely that he intentionally asphyxiated her.

Either way I think it would have been very much quicker given the stress her body was under. And it might be relevant that when someone is in the latter stages of hypothermia, even if PR had been looking for a pulse/signs of life (which I doubt) they are almost undetectable at that stage. So at that point even after a quasi-accidental death/onset of acute hypothermia in the course/aftermath of a rape, Libby could not have put herself in the river. It is too convenient for PR that this was where she was found.

I agree that Mr. Wright's sum up was great, he pretty much said exactly what I would have said. I think/hope it will resonate with the jury, and I agree with Steve that the fact that you have a very vulnerable and sympathetic victim plus her family sitting there in court through this ordeal will result in them feeling a strong responsibility to them to give them a guilty verdict. And there is no danger of a miscarriage of justice here, we know PR is a dangerous rapist/predator, you have DNA evidence of this and the circumstances of the case/ his lies and "consciousness of guilt" show that he is very likely IMO also a murderer and a serious risk. And as Mr Wright says, it is just too convenient for PR that Libby was found (only just) in the river. If she had been found in the street, straight away with no clear evidence of cause of death, a tiny amount of doubt might be there for me over the murder charge.

I thought that if it was Libby, she was alone, otherwise PW would have silenced her immediately once she started to scream.

If they were in the park together, maybe PR thought they were hidden enough to let Libby scream and it was another way of getting his kicks; he's not had that kind of reaction from other women where he's 'performed' in view, so maybe when she started he let it go on and enjoyed her being that terrified. And given that other people have described screaming around the area on other occasions and it being a 'regular' thing from students, and PR maybe having experienced that kind of noise too, he thought it wouldn't be that unusual if heard.

I have just been reading what PR said and it says he didn’t take Libby to a Police Station because he had never been to one before and he does not speak English, only a few words. It then went on to describe his account of what happened and he then details the conversation he had with Libby. If he says didn’t take her to a Police Station because of the language barrier, how did he manage to have the conversations he says he had with her?

Would he have expected her body not to be discovered in the river?

That's quite the distance over a meandering stretch and through the city, before it opens into the Humber.

I think he might have expected it to destroy forensics

This came up in a different case I followed years back where a truck driver murdered prostitutes and threw them in a river. The water destroys the DNA evidence, and my guess is he knew this. Also, because he was never arrested his DNA was not on file. So that would make him tough to find.

Have to say I agree with these points, very little local chat due to lock down, unlike when she first went missing and EVERYONE was talking about Libby wherever you went.

Also still struggling personally with the park timescales, did the prosecution make a point of saying they thought the 7.5 mins was possible but that Libby couldn't have wandered that far on her own. Seems a slight contradiction to me, either distance is too far and a problem or not, they appeared to only account for the rape timings not the distance. MOO

it is kind of disappointing we have no real insight into the timings

Is that because the prosecution did not give any? or because of the abbreviated court reports?

Tuesday, Feb. 2nd:
*Trial continues (Day 13) (@ 10:30am UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel P. Relowicz (24/now 25) arrested (Feb. 6, 2019 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (Oct. 30, 2019) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet. Not guilty plea entered on Jan. 12, 2021.
Trial began on Jan. 12, 2021. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 6 weeks. Jury: 5 men & 7 women.
Was originally charged (18/3/19 & 10/5/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On Aug. 12, 2019 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for eight & a half years.
Trial Day 1-11 (12/1 - 29/1/21) reference post #831 here:
UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #22

Feb. 1st Monday, Day 12: Today's schedule: The defence is expected to call its last witness today, which will be the end of the evidence in the trial. After that, the prosecution & defence will both give closing speeches * the judge will sum up the evidence in the case to the jury. Justice Lambert is now sitting. Relowicz has been brought into the dock. He is accompanied by three male dock officers & is wearing the same blue suit & blue mask he has worn since the start of the trial.
Witness saw Libby 'sat on the floor crying'-The two statements are being read out by Dale Brook. It is the evidence of Ryan Thom. (#883); All the witness evidence has now finished & the agreed facts are now being read out to the court by defence team. They are: No member of the public made a report to the police about Libby at the time they saw her on Beverley Road & Haworth Street on January 31 & February 1, 2019. There are no lights beyond the play area off Oak Road & in the area of the River Hull, the pond & pavilion. The same Polish words can be used to describe screaming & shouting (#884). Justice Lambert says the jury will take into account the whole of the evidence including agreed facts, CCTV, witness statements & material in the jury bundle. There is to be no more evidence. She said: “You must not speculate about evidence there might have been or allow yourselves to be drawn into speculation.” The judge says the prosecution must prove Relowicz is guilty. She said: “The prosecution must satisfy you of the defendant’s guilt.” (#886); Rape is the first count. Justice Lambert said: “The prosecution’s case is that Pawel Relowicz took Libby Squire to Oak Road playing fields from Haworth Street to rape her. The defense’s case is he did not take her there to rape her but they had consensual sex. “He admits his semen was found in her vagina. The issue for you is whether she consented to intercourse. Before convicting, you must be sure that she did not consent & secondly, be sure that Pawel Relowicz did not believe that she consented.” (#894); the judge says consent is that a person agrees to it & is capable of making that choice. She said: “The prosecution said Libby Squire was not capable of giving consent because of the effects of alcohol & the cold. The defence case is she was capable of giving consent & she did so. “You will have to decide whether she was able to give a choice about having sexual intercourse.” (#896) here:
Justice Lambert tells the jury murder is when someone kills another person with the intention to kill or seriously harm that person. She tells them Relowicz is guilty if he subjected Libby to an unlawful act, like an attack, that caused her death & that he intended to kill her or cause her serious harm. Justice Lambert says the prosecution allege that during the course of raping her, or after, that he assaulted her which caused her death or that he put her into the river while she was dying or still alive which caused her death. (#903); what constitutes murder-Justice Lambert tells the jury they must decide whether Relowicz firstly assaulted Libby which caused her death & secondly where there was intent. The judge says if the assault contributed to Libby’s death then he would have caused her death & the verdict will be guilty. She said if the jury find that Libby was assaulted by someone else or fell into the river or put herself into the river in an act of self-harm, then Relowicz would not be guilty of murder (#909); Prosecution barrister Richard Wright is now delivering his closing speech ^ reminding the jury it is now exactly two years since Libby disappeared (#910 & #912); Libby was not suicidal that night-Mr Wright insists there is nothing to suggest Libby wanted to harm herself that night. (#914 & #915); Relowicz looking for 'easy sex'-Mr Wright outlines how he believes Relowicz came in contact with Libby. (#918) here:
Relowicz 'did not pick up Libby to help her'-Mr Wright argued Relowicz was not a good Samaritan & his intentions were for from honorable. (#923); Relowicz went back out to 'leave no trace' of the crimes he committed (#925); Relowicz continued to lie, prosecution claims-The jury is being told by Mr. Wright that Relowicz continued to lie after his arrest. (#928 & #929); Prosecution says jury can be sure Libby was raped (#931 & #936) here:
Mr Wright has referenced Relowicz's previous convictions for voyeurism & outraging public decency.(#942); Relowicz 'no knight in shining armour'-Mr. Wright tells the Jury he believes Relowicz drove around looking for a victim. (#944); The jury is being shown again CCTV footage of Relowicz & Libby coming into contact with each other on Beverley Road. (#946); Far too many coincidences, prosecution claims-Mr. Wright outlines all the strange coincidences which led to Relowicz having sex with Libby. (#951); Mr Wright pointed out the lies Relowicz told during his first police interviews. (#953); Mr. Wright says Relowicz was “setting up his story” when he gave accounts to his friends. (#954) here:
'Rape led to murder', prosecution claim-The trial has resumed (after lunch) & prosecutor Richard Wright QC claims Relowicz murdered Libby to cover up the rape. He said: “It’s convenient to him that she ends up dead in the River Hull. We submit rape led to murder. You know she screamed & fought & she had to be silenced." (#979) here:
Mr Wright says the cause of death does not have to be known for the jury to find it was murder. (#981); Prosecution looks at possible scenarios-Mr. Wright has explored the different scenarios as to how Libby may have died.(#983); The idea Libby fell in the river accidentally dismissed-Mr. Wright now looks at the possibility Libby wandered into the river on her way home. (#984); Libby was not killed by someone else, prosecution claim-Another explanation is that Libby was killed by someone else but Mr. Wright dismisses this explanation. (#987); There was enough time for Relowicz to rape and murder Libby, prosecution claims-Mr. Wright says seven & a half minutes was enough time for Relowicz to rape ^ murder Libby. (#988); 'Incredible coincidence'-Mr. Wright has flagged up the evidence of Sam Alford who lived next to Oak Road playing fields. The prosecutor said: “We accepted the timing isn’t a problem for the prosecution - it’s for Mr. Relowicz. (#989); Relowicz driven by the 'fear, control & the thrill of it'-Mr. Wright is now addressing the jury on what motive Relowicz might have had for raping ^ killing Libby. (#990 #991); Final visit to Oak Road was to 'clean up'-Mr. Wright explains to the jury why he feels Relowicz returned for the final time to Oak Road. (#992); Lies kept coming-Mr. Wright says the web of lies Reloiwicz committed is evidence of his guilt. (#993) here:
Trial ends for the day. That is the prosecution closing speech completed. Tomorrow, 2/2/21 it will be the turn of the defence team to deliver its closing speech before the judge sums up the case to the jury.

it is kind of disappointing we have no real insight into the timings

Is that because the prosecution did not give any? or because of the abbreviated court reports?
Reading between the lines from yesterday - my guess would be abbreviated court reports. It also sounds like we missed discussions of the river bank.

Did the prosecution suggest he might have attacked her in the car? Then she ran away?
No - again reading between the lines they pointed out how difficult it would be for her to run away. They even pointed out why would someone 'consenting' to sex choose freezing cold park rather than a warm car.

Nor did the defence.

Definitely rape, no question. For me murder was not proven, but that is based on a written précis of the trial, so I trust the jury to make a more accurate decision than me obviously. I certainly hold him responsible for her death, so manslaughter at the least and I will not be troubled if the jury believe they have witnessed enough at trial to decide it is murder.

I think he might have expected it to destroy forensics

This came up in a different case I followed years back where a truck driver murdered prostitutes and threw them in a river. The water destroys the DNA evidence, and my guess is he knew this. Also, because he was never arrested his DNA was not on file. So that would make him tough to find.
Yes I agree with that. It is very reasonable to assume that DNA would be washed away so even if she was found there would be no evidence of the rape. Perhaps nor removing her pants to rape her was yet another error for him given they might have afforded a tiny bit more protection to that evidence?

His DNA was on file tho from the other crimes. It's just they couldn't link it to anyone and didn't really investigate those crimes.

Like those interviews - his later stalking incident shows a lot of confidence in not being caught IMO

He sees another lone woman on Newlands. Apparently seems to go wait for her. Masturbates on the corner of Alexandra Road by chicken shack into a condom which he loses part way down Alexandra Road by the medical centre.

The opposite direction to his house. So where on Earth was he taking it?

That's very confident IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member