UK - Lilia Valutyte, 9, stabbed to death in Boston, Lincolnshire *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really thought they had caught them yesterday, what with the arrests so quickly.

They need to find this man ASAP!

Could be random now, yes. But the police said yesterday they believe it was an isolated incident, does that not mean it wasn't stranger attack? The police could have got it wrong initially of course, but I don't think they would have said that if they weren't sure. But who knows.

I have a feeling the police know who the man is, they just need the publics help finding him. But why wouldn't they release his name then, so probably not.

Let's hope they get this off our streets today.

The girl was only 9 :(

Who in their right mind would stab a little girl playing with dolls??

Heartbreaking.

RIP little Angel :(

I still remember hanging outside with friends as a child.
We were playing till dusk and were safe.
Having great time, until mothers called us all home for supper.

But those times are long gone.

The male in that newly released picture could easily be Lithuanian, and someone that the mother or father knows, the police have stated they need to find him, they didn’t say ‘identify’ him. So could be they know who he is already?

Possibly it’s linked to a business relationship/ they feel slighted or that they didn’t get the monies they believe they were owed? Mixed in with some mental impairment?

There’s very little details released so far of the circumstances of what happened. The police are keeping their cards very close to their chest.

Two men were last night in custody after armed police raided a house in Boston, Lincs.

They have since been released with no further action.

Four CCTV images of a third man who cops "want to speak to" in connection with the killing have now been released.

Brits have been warned not to approach the man, and have instead been urged to call 999 if they see him.

"One line of inquiry was said to centre on claims the attacker believed Lilia’s mum Lina — a recruitment agency boss — owed him money for factory shifts"

RRe
This is far from a daily occurrence. The random murders of children is still, thankfully, very rare and is indeed horrifying when and wherever it may happen.

From the article:
Data showed that there were two homicides and eight attempted murders in Boston (UK) for the period up to September 2015, a rate of 15 murderous crimes for every 100,000 people.
This is far from a daily occurrence. The random murders of children is still, thankfully, very rare and is indeed horrifying when and wherever it may happen.

From the article:
Data showed that there were two homicides and eight attempted murders in Boston (UK) for the period up to September 2015, a rate of 15 murderous crimes for every 100,000 people.

Respectfully, that's data from 7 years ago. There were 27 teenage stabbing deaths in London alone in 2021.

The male in that newly released picture could easily be Lithuanian, and someone that the mother or father knows, the police have stated they need to find him, they didn’t say ‘identify’ him. So could be they know who he is already?

Possibly it’s linked to a business relationship/ they feel slighted or that they didn’t get the monies they believe they were owed? Mixed in with some mental impairment?

There’s very little details released so far of the circumstances of what happened. The police are keeping their cards very close to their chest.
Why are we speculating on motive when the only question should currently be "where is this individual" as he may represent a significant risk to the public?

FWIW motive is not a required element of proof in a conviction for murder, or any offence to be exact.

Last edited:
Why are we speculating on motive when the only question should currently be "where is this individual" as he may represent a significant risk to the public.

FWIW motive is not a required element of proof in a conviction for murder, or any offence to be precise.
I am concerned about both motive and suspect location in parallel.
Especially in such a horrific crime, it’s natural to want to understand the circumstances.

If he’s indeed Lithuanian, then hopefully the community will recognise him and potentially have further info to share on where he may be located or where he might have gone.

Why are we speculating on motive when the only question should currently be "where is this individual" as he may represent a significant risk to the public?

FWIW motive is not a required element of proof in a conviction for murder, or any offence to be exact.
I'm pretty sure that the Lincolnshire Police are pretty focused on "motive" currently.....

I'm pretty sure that the Lincolnshire Police are pretty focused on "motive" currently.....
You really think so? Their efforts will be to identify this individual. Only by doing that can they obtain information/intelligence that may assist in locating him.

This will be their utmost priority at this time.

Motive is immaterial and anyway, only the offender can indicate what theirs was.

I am concerned about both motive and suspect location in parallel.
Especially in such a horrific crime, it’s natural to want to understand the circumstances.

If he’s indeed Lithuanian, then hopefully the community will recognise him and potentially have further info to share on where he may be located or where he might have gone.
Once he has been identified, it will enable the police to use a wide range of intelligence based options to locate him in real time.

You really think so? Their efforts will be to identify this individual. Only by doing that can they obtain information/intelligence that may assist in locating him.

This will be their utmost priority at this time.

Motive is immaterial and anyway, only the offender can indicate what theirs was.

At the moment ,I am veering towards the idea that the police do know who the man is but have been unable to locate him.

At the moment ,I am veering towards the idea that the police do know who the man is but have been unable to locate him.
The SIO's appeal is appealing for identification and location.

If the police had a name they would generally be conducting their enquiries to locate the suspect without going public.

If their enquiries failed to locate the suspect and they took the significant step to make a public appeal they would usually give the name of the person they are seeking.

The SIO's appeal is appealing for identification and location.

If the police had a name they would generally be conducting their enquiries to locate the suspect without going public.

If their enquiries failed to locate the suspect and they took the significant step to make a public appeal they would usually give the name of the person they are seeking.

Thank you for your explanation. Though If I have remembered correctly weren't the pictures of Julia James and Sabina Nessa's killers shown without naming them when police already knew their identity?

Thank you for your explanation. Though If I have remembered correctly weren't the pictures of Julia James and Sabina Nessa's killers shown without naming them when police already knew their identity?
The police may have a name but have been unable to corroborate it as their suspect.

They may be looking to corroborate the name they have been given and also seek additional witnesses for the suspects actions in the lead up to Lilia's murder, the offence and where he went afterwards, in addition to the overwhelming priority of locating and arresting him.

By not releasing a name it will provide credibility to anyone who comes forward who gives the same name and additional information. Essentially it provides a means of sifting and prioritising, potentially large amounts of information that are received with such appeals.

Last edited:

Police arrest man, 22, on suspicion of murder after death of nine-year-old Lilia Valutyte​

A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of nine-year-old Lillia Valutyte in Lincolnshire.

Police said the suspect was held in the "Boston Central Park area" at about 2.45pm on Saturday.

Progress was made through a "combination of intelligence and information supplied by several members of the public".

"We are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident," they added.

Detectives confirmed they had made an arrest after armed police swooped on a residential street close to a park around 200 yards from the road where the schoolgirl was killed early on Thursday evening.

Shocked onlookers in saw three men being led away from an area outside a Victorian semi-detached house in Thorold Street, alongside Central Park in the town centre of Boston, Lincolnshire.

It is believed that officers broke down a rear door of the house at around 2.45pm before cordoning off the street and an area of the park. It is understood that the 22-year-old was arrested in Central Park.

Lincolnshire Police announced that they had made an arrest on suspicion of murder shortly before 3.50pm.

Earlier on Saturday, officers hunting the killer of Lillia published images of a bearded man wearing a blue t-shirt and black trousers who was believed to have been filmed just mo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda73
Back