GUILTY UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, teaching asst, found deceased, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *teen arrested* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm so glad that the family will have slight comfort in this result. I personally don't think 16 years is enough, but I think it's the only way the judge could of done and IMO, I don't he will be let out.

Thank you all for the updates during the court case and before.

Well 16 years, justice has been served.

So, for me this Sunday it’s lunch booked at the Whitakers where I’ll look out across Burnley Road to the cemetery and raise my glass in silent toast to Lindsay Birbeck. May she rest in peace over at Burnley Crematorium.

I’ll also make a silent toast to her family for their stoicism and nobility through their horrendous journey.

A silent toast too recognising everyone who helped to bring this tragic troubled fellow to justice.

To the t-shirt wearers may Karma find them all.

This seems like a good place to end Sleuthers.

Fare ye all well.

Well 16 years, justice has been served.

So, for me this Sunday it’s lunch booked at the Whitakers where I’ll look out across Burnley Road to the cemetery and raise my glass in silent toast to Lindsay Birbeck. May she rest in peace over at Burnley Crematorium.

I’ll also make a silent toast to her family for their stoicism and nobility through their horrendous journey.

A silent toast too recognising everyone who helped to bring this tragic troubled fellow to justice.

To the t-shirt wearers may Karma find them all.

This seems like a good place to end Sleuthers.

Fare ye all well.

That's a lovely thought Piggy - I will also, from afar, raise my glass with you on Sunday.

RIP Lindsay

Well that's that then. Special thanks to all you local people who gave your insight and knowledge on the area and people involved. I still can't reconcile in my head that it was a unanimous verdict when they didn't have a Crime Scene or motive. However, the jury gave their verdict and I will respect their decision. I shall probably come back to this thread when the Miscarriage of Justice case arises when further evidence comes to light. imo
Take care all.

Hi rishtoner.. have u seen the efits of the 2 other men who were involved in sexual assaults of some kind in that area.. do any of them look like him do you think? The one with the glasses has the same mouth but he would have been 13/14 at that time. Someone else posted in here that it was rocky and never admitted to it? What do u think?

I wonder if the victims of these come forward to identify him...? It's all so strange all this.. can't help feel sorry for the lad

I dont think his actual photo even looks like him. Could it be an older relative and the guy that followed ZB?

Thanks everyone for all the updates, I think the sentence seems reasonable. I have a suspicion he will never be released though, the Judges sentencing remarks about if he is released he is likely to be recalled and the fact his good behaviour can't be seen as being reformed. I'm not sure anyone would ever be satisfied he doesn't pose a risk to society.

Its strange I always had a feeling there was more to it even after the verdict I was surprised but over the last 24 hours I've come to the realisation I didn't want to believe it was him, sadly no one will likely ever know why but it was. I think this has been one of the saddest cases and highlights how the ripples of peoples actions hurt much more than just their intended victims.

Glad justice has been served, thoughts with her family, I hope this can lift and carry them forward from this nightmare. Reach Peacefully Lindsay ❤

Good night and god bless fellow sleuthers....our work is done here . At some point we managed to hit the nail on the head with our deductions, other times we maybe let our heads run away with us . It has been an emotional journey but my thoughts today are with Lindsay’s family and of course to anyone directly involved with the trial to date . Let’s hope certain people can behave in a dignified manner and accept justice has been served ....somehow I doubt it !! Farewell people and I’m sure we will all meet again in another thread as this cruel world keeps turning. X p.s thank you for all the coverage and updates and to the locals for the amazing geographical layout of the area . Sad bittersweet day .

I shall probably come back to this thread when the Miscarriage of Justice case arises when further evidence comes to light. imo
Take care all.
what miscarriage of justice case?
the circumstantial evidence that Rocky is solely responsible is overwhelming, on the other hand, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest any one else was involved in Lindsay's murder.
the lack of motive doesn't mean anything either, as horrific as it is, sometimes people do unexplainable things that we cant even begin to rationalise. i think on my part, i struggle to accept 16 year old schoolboys can be capable of the most dreadful acts and my brain naturally wants to accept theres 'more to it' when in reality there isn't.
i think of aaron cambell, and Viktorija Sokolova's killer ayman aziz when i say this.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back