UK UK - Lingran Lin, 11, & Lingshan Lin, 15, Hove, Sussex, 29 July 2006 (Human Trafficking)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Al Ka

Reaction score
There was short article published on Dec 4 remembering missing people of Sussex -

These are Sussex’s missing people – have you seen them?

While UK press is often too skimpy on details or any circumstances of missing person I had uneasy feeling when I noticed similarities in at least 3 cases there in Sussex. While digging deeper on those 3 and finding out more information it confirmed to me there is definite link and pattern. While motive was unclear at that time I was convinced it was murky and nefarious. I will talk more about them a bit later.

I needed a bit of break and decided to look at different case, case of missing sisters Lingran Lin, 11, and Lingshan Lin, 15. Little did I know what I will stumble into and that even that case is connected to those 3 even though it is not obvious at first glance.

What I have uncovered made me stunned and quite furious at authorities to say the least... For dropping the ball entirely... Those links are not just at south but very obvious to whole of UK. You can clearly see patterns. And this is happening for decades without any sign of slowing down. I don’t blame journalists as you can’t report what you are unaware of, but maybe it is time… I give all rights to copy paste all information found by me below to anyone and plaster it wherever they feel like.

Patterns to spot – ages of children, reoccurring nationalities and location or use of map. Looking at details I do believe authorities CAN find those responsible who organize trafficking from inside of UK, to arrange it abroad and then traffic children for big cash to UK.

Case of missing sisters Lingran Lin, 11, and Lingshan Lin, 15

11-year-old Lingran Lin, and her sister Lingshan Lin, 15, disappeared from the place they were staying in Hove, Sussex on July 29, 2006. (That is all information given in latest article published this month)

image.jpg

image.jpg

24 August 2006 - Police appeal (First and the last over the all years)

Police are appealing for help to trace two Chinese girls who have been missing for more than three weeks.

Appeal for missing Chinese girls

_42012856_chinesegirls.203.jpg

It is the first time the sisters have visited the UK

Sisters Lingran Lin, 11, and Lingshan Lin, 15, arrived in Brighton on 30 July for a two week visit with a language tour group.

The next day their host family in Hove contacted the police after the girls did not return for their evening meal.

They were wearing white T-shirts and blue three-quarter-length trousers. They were also carrying rucksacks.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said they also had bum-bags with them.

It is not known what else the girls have with them apart from phones, a Brighton and Hove bus pass and some money. They may have access to a credit card.

'Welcome news'

After they failed to return to their host family the girls sent a number of text messages to their parents in the Fujian region of China.

They said they had met some friends they knew from China who were living in Brighton, that they were going to stay with them for a few days and told their parents not to worry.

The language tour party has since returned to China without them.

Det Insp Andy Richardson said a number of potential new leads were being investigated.

"A witness states she saw the sisters a couple of days ago in New Church Road and we are also following up a sighting of them close by in Portland Road.

"Our investigations to date have not revealed who their 'friend' is and although the sightings are welcome news, we would like to confirm that they are safe and well as it is the first time the sisters have been in the UK and they do not speak much English."

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Southern Counties | Appeal for missing Chinese girls

Note the region they came from in China - Fujian region and also statement from family back home that children are not missing but are with "friends".

If there is prize for investigative journalism, writers of this article, Cathy Scott-Clark, Adrian Levy and Hsiao-Hung Pai deserve it. I absolutely recommend it to read it whole.

Information they have given and found are fundamental basis what all organized international traffickers who bring children to UK and others who are exploiting them here are using to their advantage and vehemently exploiting to this day, while making millions on work slavery, prostitution and drugs. Little Chinese sisters are mentioned there too.

Published Oct 2008
People trafficking: 'It is down your street and in your lane'

(part quotes of the article, some parts bolded in black or red by me for relevance)
'It is down your street and in your lane'

Fujian is the centre of Chinese people trafficking - the immigrants who suffocated in the back of a lorry and drowned picking cockles in Morecambe Bay all came from there. Now, Fujianese girls are being recruited into brothels across the UK
---
Young girls are lured to the UK with the promise of lucrative, respectable careers. Some as young as 11, they arrive without passports or visas, some claiming asylum at British airports, having paid traffickers thousands of pounds for their transit. Once here, they vanish from the hostels or foster care to which they have been assigned by the immigration authorities, often ending up in brothels run from suburban flats and houses.
---
It is a criminal enterprise that blurs the boundaries between trafficking and smuggling, ensnaring girls and women who in many cases leave China of their own free will. Often sent with the best wishes of their community, which has clubbed together to pay the exorbitant fees, the victims cannot bear to tell their families what they have been compelled to do on arrival. None would consider turning witness against their controllers: their heads are filled with horror stories of how they will be raped and imprisoned by the British police, and what would happen to those back home. Girls who attempt to run away are often hunted down, abducted from local authority care or hospitals. Frequently, victims emerge only when, injured, sick or pregnant, they have been abandoned on a street corner.

It is evident there are incredible profits to be made. Last year, police discovered £93m transferred back to China via one bank account held by a Chinese restaurant in Kent - money suspected to have been earned through trafficking and brothel-keeping.
---
Five foot nothing and wearing a white T-shirt, Lingshan Lin, 15, and her 11-year-old sister Lingran disappeared on September 28 2006 from a social services hostel in Hove, East Sussex, where they were staying pending their asylum hearing. On August 24 2007, Li Juan He, 16, ran away from a hostel in Worthing, West Sussex. Xi Wang, 16, disappeared from the same hostel two months later, on October 7 2007. Jing Jing Lu, 16, vanished from a hostel in Sevenoaks, Kent, on December 15 2007.

All had entered the UK just days before their disappearance; the only evidence they had ever been here is the photographs taken of them by police, immigration officials or social services. The authorities fear they may have been dragged into the brothel network which, our findings suggest, has more than 4,000 Chinese teenagers and young adults in its grip. Police and social services know from missing person reports that more than 1,000 have disappeared, almost all of whom have been trafficked through or were born in the Chinese province of Fujian.
---
He is one of Ai Hwa's oldest friends and asks if we have heard her sister's story. He says her parents paid criminals to smuggle her to Britain in 1997; she had an excruciating six-month journey via Russia, the Ukraine, the Czech Republic and Holland, and ended up earning slave wages in British garment and poultry factories.

Everyone has been touched by smuggling, but no one has mentioned the missing. We bring out a sheaf of reports from the UK, including ones about Fujianese girls as young as 11 who might have been swallowed up by the sex trade. "They're just working," one woman mutters as she rises and leaves.

"You'll never find their families," says Xian, pointing out that Fujian has a population of almost 40 million: the names we have are so common, it would be like looking for a Jane Smith in London.
---
Fujian province has had a criminal tradition since the 70s, when gangs smuggling luxury goods from Taiwan began transporting people, too. They first smuggled them to the UK in the 90s, mostly to work in restaurant kitchens for the long-established Hong Kong Chinese community. It was only when 58 Fujianese men and women were found broiled in the back of a lorry transporting tomatoes through Dover in June 2000 that the province became known in Britain as a haven for snakehead gangs who could evade whatever obstacles our immigration services threw up. Four years later, 23 paperless Fujianese workers who earned pennies picking cockles in Morecambe Bay were drowned. And alongside the illegal workers and gangmasters who made the headlines, a hidden parallel trade was emerging - in girls recruited into the nascent Chinese brothel network creeping across the UK.

But no one in Fuzhou will talk details: names, methods, routes. Some clearly fear reprisals, while to others it is commercially sensitive information.
---
We call in on one, the True Jesus Church, and ask the pastor, Chen Jin Yun, if she will help us find families whose children have gone missing in Britain. She laughs. "Many have got children working in the UK. They love it there, but keeping in contact is always a struggle."

She introduces us to duck farmer Mr Liang. All three of his brothers have gone to the UK, he says. We ask about methods, money, how they're doing. Liang sidesteps most of the questions: "Oh, one of them is a millionaire. Everyone who goes from here to there, young or old, does very well."

Liang's neighbours crowd into the room and confirm they all have children in the UK, some as young as 13.
---
"If your family can raise £15,000, my cousin will get you over to UK." Our researcher adds a level of difficulty. "I have a young cousin, too, 12, who would like to come along." Liang shrugs. "Great. Don't worry. We send plenty of kids. It's 100% safe."

Eventually, he explains how it works. His cousin is just one of a hundred people offering similar services. All can procure forged passports redesignating the travellers as Japanese or South Korean citizens, nationalities that raise fewer suspicions with immigration officials in Britain. Our researcher would be first flown or driven to Russia, where Chinese people require no visa. Then they might fly on directly to the UK, probably avoiding Heathrow. "Few bother with trucks and boats any more," Liang says. Another preferred option is flying to a European city, then on to the UK with easyJet, the Madrid-London route being a current favourite.

Our researcher will be given a UK sim card to hide in her luggage, and a phone number to write on her bra strap. She is to activate her phone and make the call on landing, and meet a Fujianese contact. "Hang around the airport before going through immigration," Liang says, "so they have no idea which flight you came in on, otherwise they could send you back. Then go to immigration and say you're a teenage asylum seeker. They have to let you in, and Britain will allow you to stay until you are 18."

"When can I go?" our researcher asks.

"The next trip will be in November. We need sufficient passengers to make it worth our while. Eight or nine on a flight."
---
The first warning that Chinese children were being abused came in 1995 when dozens began arriving, unaccompanied, at Gatwick UK airport, claiming asylum, but the signs were ignored by everyone except the social workers called to deal with them.

What those sending the children to Britain appeared to have hit upon, as the duck farmer Liang explained, was the specifics of British law, and in particular the breadth of the 1989 Children Act, whereby foreign teenagers travelling alone who claimed asylum had to be allowed into the country and cared for by a local authority as a "child in need" until they were 18.
---

Sussex social workers had so many demands on them, they fought to find funding for a young asylum seekers team. The team's trafficking caseworker was Lynne Chitty, whose house in Portsmouth is filled with a jumble of files, photographs and incident reports relating to missing Chinese girls. She tells us, "We would get the call, go up to the airport and find these kids in a holding room. They all had little bits of rolled-up paper with UK numbers on them and were desperate to make a call. Within hours of us taking them into care, they had vanished."

From the brief interviews Chitty managed to conduct, she became convinced that all had been trafficked and many were ending up in brothels or worse. "No one wanted to hear or was overly concerned about the kids going missing. The only calls I got were from the Met police in London saying they had fished the body of an Asian child out of the river and asking if it was one of mine. And I had to say: 'I have no idea.'"
---
It did not take long for the traffickers to evolve new methods. Instead of arriving with a telephone number, the children began presenting addresses and names of relatives in the UK, hoping to bypass the local authority's hostels. In 2000, Chitty took a call from one immigration official who, reviewing case files, discovered that his Gatwick team had released more than 100 Chinese children to the same "uncle". Unable to interest the police, Chitty eventually traced the man to a north London Chinese takeaway. The intelligence she gleaned went nowhere. Immigration officials conducted no inquiry. The phone numbers were never followed up and Chitty continued to see children vanishing.
---
It was not until early 2006 that the British government signed, and established Soca, which made targeting traffickers one of its priorities.
---
Victims rarely receive any compassion, says Lucy Kralj of the Helen Bamber Foundation, a London-based human rights organisation which works with trafficked women and children. "Most of those we get to see entered the country as children and emerge from the brothels as adults, only to be consigned to Yarl's Wood immigration removal centre, in Bedfordshire, pending deportation. They are delivered to us for counselling by Group 4 Securicor in caged vans, often surrounded by their own vomit. Recently, two Chinese girls, who had escaped prostitution, were so weak they had to be carried up our stairs by security guards, who then stood behind them throughout the counselling sessions, sealing the exits."

People trafficking: 'It is down your street and in your lane'

Last edited:
Have you ever wondered why are so many Chinese sounding names listed on UK Missing People org site? I did for years. I knew there has to be some kind of connection or something on surface unknown happening. While UK population is very diverse, it is not THAT diverse that halve of all listed missing people are Chinese. Well, I just got my answer and not happy about it one bit. This being very hush by everyone and hidden under carpets by authorities (Home office, SOCA – whose work it is to work on human trafficking etc).

Did they ever wonder what happened to these little sisters? Where is 11 year old child??? Why no appeals over the all years, over the decade, except of only one? I absolutely believe their case should be made case study for child/human trafficking to UK. It is so appalling.

For families to pay thousands to traffickers back home, for children gruelling journeys to UK, and for other thousands they will be exploited here for many years to come. What happened to 11 year old child who disappeared to dangerous streets and underworld of UK? When did she start to work? Next day? What did they make her do??? Lingran Lin would be 23 years old this year, if she is still alive.

Look at the innocent face of this 16 year old Vietnamese girl who arrived to UK just last year, 2017 – What horror she went through to come here and what horror is she going through right now? While she is reported missing and listed as such on Missing People org site, she is only searched for by authorities, nobody else. And also for one reason only – deportation. She is not missing, she is Trafficked child! That is huge difference.

image1_411fa0c3815454d10c061cb3ce6130e7.jpg

Help us find Thi Huong Nguyen

Last edited:
Other cases of organized international human trafficking or trafficking of children I stumbled upon looking deeper just into Sussex cases. In all below casess and cases mentioned in following posts children traffickers abused Britain 1989 Children Act law (whereby foreign teenagers travelling alone who claimed asylum had to be allowed into the country and cared for by a local authority as a "child in need" until they were 18).

Chinese Trafficking to UK

All below had entered the UK just days before their disappearance; the only evidence they had ever been here is the photographs taken of them by police, immigration officials or social services. The authorities fear they may have been dragged into the brothel network

11-year-old Lingran Lin, and her sister Lingshan Lin, 15, disappeared from Hove on July 29, 2006

On August 24 2007, Li Juan He, 16, ran away from a hostel in Worthing, West Sussex.

Xi Wang, 16, disappeared from the same hostel two months later, on October 7 2007.

Jing Jing Lu, 16, vanished from a hostel in Sevenoaks, Kent, on December 15 2007.

Last edited:
Vietnamese Trafficking to UK

Article about 9 Vietnamese children who were found on July 12, 2015 at the back of the lorry at Newhaven, Sussex. All disappeared within days from different foster care homes and are all listed as voluntarily left or runaways (rather than trafficked). Polish truck driver was arrested while Vietnamese adult accompanying children in truck was released. (Seriously, someone has priorities wrong…) Great article below and that information came out only due to police woman slip of tongue during press conference on unrelated matter. Article Information is great while other sources are listing all these children missing from their homes!!! Being in foster care home for an hour or a day is Not missing from their Home!

Vietnamese trafficked children are used predominantly to work at cannabis farms and trade, other drugs trade, nail salons, prostitution and other work slavery.

Where are the lost children? Mystery of the missing Vietnamese kids | The Argus

All below listed “missing” rather than trafficked arrived together on the same lorry:

Anh Tuan Tran (male) (Vietnam) was 16 when last seen in Bexhill on Sea on July 13, 2015. Since then he contacted immigration authorities in Croydon, London. Further information is unknown and not listed as missing.

An Van Bui, (male) (Vietnam) 15, was last seen in Bexhill on Juy 16, 2015
(Mentioned in Sussex missing person’s article)
Read more at: These are Sussex’s missing people – have you seen them?

Hai Manh Nguyen (male) (Vietnam) was 17 when he disappeared from Heathfield on July 14, 2015. (Mentioned in Sussex missing person’s article)

Duyen Thi Nguyen
(female) (Vietnam) was 16 when she disappeared from Newhaven on July 29, 2015 (Mentioned in Sussex missing person’s article)

Mytam Phan and Thuy Dung Thi Tran (females) (Vietnam) both 14 disappeared on July 12, 2015 from Lancing. They run away at night of the same day when they were just recovered from back of the lorry and without any shoes on.

As per Argus article there are no details whatsoever on last missing boy from the lorry. I suspect he might be An Van Bui who is now mentioned in Sussex article of missing people and I have listed him above.

Meanwhile, very similar name to An Van Bui, but actually Thanh Van Bui, 15 disappeared month prior to An, on June 12, 2015 from Glasgow during police raid on cannabis farm where he was tending. Need to double check if he was ever found or is listed on Missing People org. Boy found in cannabis swoop goes missing
CCTV appeal over missing teenage boy

Further cases but different arrivals

Hai Nguyen (male) (Vietnam) was 17 when last seen on July 27, 2009 in Chichester.

Hoang Nguyen (male) (Vietnam), was 16 when he disappeared from Portslade on March 16, 2018. (Mentioned in Sussex missing person’s article)

Last edited:
Nigerian Human Trafficking in UK

These are 3 girls I first looked into seeing that there is some strange unknown connection based on their nationality, close time frame, age and location. 2 are confirmed as newly arrivals in UK and funnily the same as Vietnamese they were reported in news articles as missing from their homes. After I did further digging it was confirmed their homes were foster care homes and very same situation to Vietnamese arrivals, disappearing as soon as they could… By the way Worthing is 5 min away from Littlehampton.

Helen Oworo (female) was 16 when last seen in Littlehampton on January 6, 2006

Benedicte Ejiro (female) was only 16 when she disappeared from Littlehampton on February 17, 2006. (Mentioned in Sussex missing person’s article)

2006 Ejiro,Benedicte February 17,2006

Amoako Frimpong, (male) 16, was last seen in Littlehampton on December 19, 2006. (Mentioned in Sussex missing person’s article) (I need to verify but he might be from Ghana, but would be the same traffickers/connections as Nigerian girls)

Vera Osagiede, (female) 16, was last seen on March 30, 2007 in Worthing

Osagiede,Vera March 30,2007

COUNTY NEWS: Sussex woman still missing ten years later

Last edited:
Thanks for your research Al Ka. The sheer numbers are pretty scary.

This thread is possibly relevant, Vietnamese woman missing from a hostel in Belfast.

UK - UK - Trang Houng Tran, 24, Ulsterville Avenue, South, 30 November 2014

Yes, she might be. I have about 20 more children who I did not published here due to not enough research yet on them, plus of course half of people on missing people org site.

I have just noticed thread here too for one of children on my list - UK - UK - Nadra Sharif Ali, 16, Belfast, 14 January 2012

I am having a bit mix feelings about half truths reported to media by authorities on those cases or if they even should be listed on Missing people site... I have not seen anything like that happening in Any of USA cases.

Wow. Thanks for directing me here, LB and thanks for the thread, AK. I had just been looking as missing persons in the Kent area (multiple skeleton bones found in Whitstable) and saw that there are several Vietnamese names on the list.

Great research Al Ka. It should be a national scandal splashed over the front pages of the media that the authorities are basically giving these trafficking gangs the freedom to operate. The government talks tough on trafficking but we're clearly not seeing any actual action.

There's probably plenty of other situations where this is happening all over the country and the authorities are failing to protect these children. It really is heartbreaking and makes me angry.

And it is continuing freely - UK - UK - 12 Vietnamese Teens, Ages 14-18, Northamptonshire, Feb 2018

And there are hundreds others popping up on missing pages of numerous counties all over UK each day. It simply won't stop until law is changed and some real organization will take over this issue or look into it properly. Numbers are overwhelming.

Wonder what is SOCA doing about this, if anything.

Linking some other thread here too for Human Trafficking
SPOTLIGHT CASE - Human Trafficking Awareness Thread

Thank you for all the info! :)
I notice many of the missing people /children have dissapeared from social services care, could this be a reason why we haven't heard very much at all over the years about these cases in the media? I heard about girls from Africa kept going missing from Brighton a long time ago then nothing for years.It seems that the media is slowly starting to report cases just not much publicity at the moment :(.thanks again :)

Not a missing person, but this article touches on Vietnamese child trafficking.

The Home Office accepted during the case that it broke its own policies by continuing to detain H illegally for a further six months after the attack, despite having officially identified him as a victim of modern slavery at the time. It also continued to attempt to deport the teenager back to Vietnam.

According to clinical psychologists who assessed H during and after detention, he was left severely traumatised by the attack. They said the episode triggered memories of the rape and sexual violence H suffered at the hands of the criminal gang that trafficked him into cannabis cultivation in the UK in 2013.

Child trafficking victim wins £85,000 from UK government over rape attempt

I was looking for something else and came across another 2 Vietnamese girls missing from social care.

14 May 2019

Last seen at London Paddington Station.

Police are appealing to the public to help them locate two 17-year-old females missing from Cornwall.

Thi Trang Nguyen and Thi Linh Hoang, both aged 17, went missing from their social care home in Newquay on Saturday 27 April.

News article

Just want to add this article as I think it’s relevant. The arrests were made when the lorry was attempted to be taken to the UK and the victims were found in a refrigeration unit suffering from hypothermia - no deaths thank goodness!

French police arrest two Romanian lorry drivers
French police arrest two Romanian lorry drivers | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!