UK UK - Lingran Lin, 11, & Lingshan Lin, 15, Hove, Sussex, 29 July 2006 (Human Trafficking)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is something I've always noticed on the missing persons website (the amount of young asians from the early 2000's) and it's patently obvious they've been trafficked.

I would imagine the majority of the missing posted about here are still in the country, whether they're still in the slave trade or have managed to break away and live their lives is the question. I doubt many of them knew they were ever even classed as missing.

This is something I've always noticed on the missing persons website (the amount of young asians from the early 2000's) and it's patently obvious they've been trafficked.

I would imagine the majority of the missing posted about here are still in the country, whether they're still in the slave trade or have managed to break away and live their lives is the question. I doubt many of them knew they were ever even classed as missing.

I actually have no doubt that all of them who arrived and disappeared from foster homes or elsewhere day or two after their official placement or arrival, absolutely know that they are wanted by authorities. But that is what makes their situation much different to any other missing people groups. They are in fear of being found by police which also often places them in dangerous situations with no way out or seeking help.

Hence my own conflicting feelings if those cases, of trafficked teens and adults should be even placed and advertised by police as missing. They are victims of trafficking and wanted by authorities for deportation.

Have you ever wondered why are so many Chinese sounding names listed on UK Missing People org site? I did for years. I knew there has to be some kind of connection or something on surface unknown happening. While UK population is very diverse, it is not THAT diverse that halve of all listed missing people are Chinese. Well, I just got my answer and not happy about it one bit. This being very hush by everyone and hidden under carpets by authorities (Home office, SOCA – whose work it is to work on human trafficking etc).

Did they ever wonder what happened to these little sisters? Where is 11 year old child??? Why no appeals over the all years, over the decade, except of only one? I absolutely believe their case should be made case study for child/human trafficking to UK. It is so appalling.

For families to pay thousands to traffickers back home, for children gruelling journeys to UK, and for other thousands they will be exploited here for many years to come. What happened to 11 year old child who disappeared to dangerous streets and underworld of UK? When did she start to work? Next day? What did they make her do??? Lingran Lin would be 23 years old this year, if she is still alive.

Look at the innocent face of this 16 year old Vietnamese girl who arrived to UK just last year, 2017 – What horror she went through to come here and what horror is she going through right now? While she is reported missing and listed as such on Missing People org site, she is only searched for by authorities, nobody else. And also for one reason only – deportation. She is not missing, she is Trafficked child! That is huge difference.

image1_411fa0c3815454d10c061cb3ce6130e7.jpg

Help us find Thi Huong Nguyen
I agree that this is appalling as nothing has ever been mentioned on any Brighton forums about these girls. I have been listening to a podcast called 'The missing' and there is definitely racial prejudice in these kinds of cases.
I would not at all be surprised if these girls have been trafficked and turn up in a nail bar or worse. I think it is time to act and try to solve this mystery.

I agree that this is appalling as nothing has ever been mentioned on any Brighton forums about these girls. I have been listening to a podcast called 'The missing' and there is definitely racial prejudice in these kinds of cases.
I would not at all be surprised if these girls have been trafficked and turn up in a nail bar or worse. I think it is time to act and try to solve this mystery.
Has Thi Huong Nguyen been found? It appears not but she’s not on the missing persons page anymore. I fear we have no idea what is happening underneath the surface for so many children and humans. It’s very disturbing.

Some interesting research from member Al Ka

People trafficking: 'It is down your street and in your lane'
[/QUOTE]
Such an eye opening article to read, thank you for sharing the article you found during your research into human slavery.

A group called The A21 campaign came and gave an interesting talk a while back in the same area where these Chinese girls went missing from. They said to look out for exploitation in car washes and nail bars.

Can You See Me? – UK | A21

'Slavery is a hidden crime yet it is happening in plain sight. It’s happening in places across the UK that you and I interact with on a daily basis, such as nail bars, restaurants, and car washes. The top two types of slavery to be identified in the UK in 2016 were forced labour and sexual exploitation'

There are many other awareness-raising campaign groups such as stop the traffik where you can find out information.

Such an eye opening article to read, thank you for sharing the article you found during your research into human slavery.

A group called The A21 campaign came and gave an interesting talk a while back in the same area where these Chinese girls went missing from. They said to look out for exploitation in car washes and nail bars.

Can You See Me? – UK | A21

'Slavery is a hidden crime yet it is happening in plain sight. It’s happening in places across the UK that you and I interact with on a daily basis, such as nail bars, restaurants, and car washes. The top two types of slavery to be identified in the UK in 2016 were forced labour and sexual exploitation'

There are many other awareness-raising campaign groups such as stop the traffik where you can find out information.[/QUOTE]
For sure it’s all the world.

Has Thi Huong Nguyen been found? It appears not but she’s not on the missing persons page anymore. I fear we have no idea what is happening underneath the surface for so many children and humans. It’s very disturbing.
Thi Huong Nguyen was the girl who vanished from DLD college in London
The vanishing Vietnamese students | News | The Times
I cannot find anything to say she has ever been found but the following article looks interesting:-
Investigation: Disappearing students and a scandal that rocked England's private schools

I expect all disappearances of female young people in the South East of England will be reviewed following todays news.

David Fuller who raped the corpses of more than 100 women in hospital mortuaries sentenced to life | Daily Mail Online
Quote: Following the sentencing, Kent Police revealed a dedicated team of investigators will spend a year picking through Fuller's sordid life to see if he is behind any other cold cases of missing women.

Outside Maidstone Crown Court, Detective Chief Superintendent Paul Fotheringham, of Kent Police, said: 'We have a team dedicated to this case, we will be looking at other cases of missing girls, rape offences and murders across the South East of England.

'We will spend about a year working in this, maybe more, reviewing these cases.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back