Recovered/Located UK - Linh Le, 15, visitor from Vietnam, separated from tour group, York, 6 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fantastic news! I wonder what will come to light. Traffickers would normally try to do everything so that a missing person alarm isn't raised right away, let alone eight people immediately detained for questioning. Something seems really unusual here.

Thank goodness she is safe :)

Glad she has been found safe. I always do my own nails as I refuse to use nail bars due to the connection they have with people trafficking.

I'd assume she'll get a block on entering the UK for quite some time.

I wonder if this was a simple case of her becoming separated from her group in York, and him coming to her 'rescue'.
Since she does not speak English, she must have been relieved to find someone who spoke Vietnamese, and off they went.

Mobile phones make this scenario a little less likely of course, but IMHO it is possible that she did not plan to disappear at all.

Would a people trafficker just hang about York on the offchance a vietnamese girl gets separated from her tour group though? Pre-arranging something would make a lot more business sense.

If he is indeed a trafficker, he is not the brightest of the pack. The center of York has cameras everywhere and he could count on it that her group would report her missing.

Abduction case dropped over Vietnamese girl who went missing in York

ALL charges have been dropped against a man accused of abducting a girl at the centre of a national police search.

North Yorkshire Police issued a public appeal for help after they were told Le Linh Thi Dieu, 15, had disappeared from a tourist group in York on August 6.

(...)

Rob Galley, prosecuting, said Miss Dieu had handed herself to police at Reading and was unharmed.

“The person purporting to be her apparent mother may not be that parent,” he said. “There were concerns about why she was here in this country.”

After reading documents in the case, Judge Simon Hickey revealed “people are investigating both her identity and age and also her 'mother'".

He added: “I am satisfied the crown has taken the course it has.”

York Crown Court heard that Miss Dieu arrived in the UK on a tourist visa with a condition that she remain at all times with the person described as her “mother”.

In the days leading up to her disappearance, Mr Ngoc and Miss Dieu were in contact by phone several times.

He arrived in York on Platform 3 of York Railway Station at 3.57pm on August 6 and within an hour he and Miss Dieu were in a taxi on their way to Manchester.

She was last seen in Manchester. After his arrest, Mr Ngoc told police different stories, including that she had then travelled to Staffordshire.

Defence barrister Victoria Smith-Swain said Miss Dieu handed herself in voluntarily. “She said he was intending to take her to her brother,” she said.

Mr Galley confirmed Miss Dieu had said she wanted to see one of her two brothers.

BBM

In the days leading up to her disappearance, Mr Ngoc and Miss Dieu were in contact by phone several times.

Defence barrister Victoria Smith-Swain said Miss Dieu handed herself in voluntarily. “She said he was intending to take her to her brother,” she said.

Mr Galley confirmed Miss Dieu had said she wanted to see one of her two brothers.

BBM

This is really strange. If she wanted to see "one of her two brothers" why did she contact Mr Ngoc? Is he a brother? IMHO he is not. Then why not contact the person directly?
Even if the brother could not travel because he is in jail or in hospital for instance, he could phone her.

Strange story. Wonder who she really is.

o_O o_O o_O

There may be some links to the Irish-Bulgarian trafficking ring that brought 100 Vietnamese to UK, 39 of whom died in the trailer.

The unknown white male with Chinese tattoo, who died in Leipzig on Aug 2, 2019 may have links to the gang. This young woman arrived in UK a few days later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back