UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cole says Logan was a 'lovely child'
John Cole, who is being cross-examined by prosecutor Caroline Rees QC, was asked if he saw the youth defendant assault Logan Mwangi. He said: “Never.”

Ms Rees said: “What did Logan call you?” Cole said: “Dad”

Ms Rees said: “And were you his dad as far as you are concerned?” Cole said: “Yes.”

Ms Rees said: “Did you discourage contact with his biological father Ben?”

Cole said: “Not really….He seemed more interested in talking to Angharad than Logan. She said she had paid for him to come up and visit and he showed no interest in Logan."

Ms Rees said: “Were you jealous of Angharad and Ben?” Cole said: “No.”

Ms Rees said: “Not even when Logan started saying they had been in bed together?”

Cole said: “No, I said to her if something had happened it happened but I don’t want to know.”

Ms Rees said: “Did Logan remind you of Angharad’s relationship with Ben?”

Cole said: “No…. it wasn’t an issue because Ben was never about and he was never really interested.”

Ms Rees said: “Logan was a vulnerable little boy.” Cole said: “Not really.”

Ms Rees said: “He had a stammer, he was young when he died, he was small and felt jealous and insecure in the family dynamic.”

Cole said: “We tried to work with him every day…. We bought him things, tried to talk to him and teach him stuff.”

Ms Rees said: “He was a difficult little boy to live with according to your police interview.”

Cole said “There were difficulties….. He was also a lovely child”

Ms Rees said: “Life would have been easier if Logan wasn’t there wouldn’t it?” Cole said: “No.”

Ms Rees said: “You’ve been asked about Rhiannon Hales and saying you would love Angharad even if you didn’t love Logan. You didn’t love Logan did you?”

Cole said: “I was having trouble with Logan…. I always cared about Logan, I provided for him and spending a lot of time with him.”

Ms Rees said: “Why did things change for you when he called you dad?” Cole said: “It changed things for Logan, he always wanted his daddy and wanted me to be his dad.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as John Cole continues evidence

Going over what JC said that could possibly be true, it's a little thin. I do believe he popped AW's back pimples. The bag doesn't seem credible. They didn't discuss how Logan died. How is that possible? The fuzzy memories excuse isn't believable. Telling so many lies points to his guilt.

'We couldn’t get control of Logan and she said it would be better if we handed him in to social services'
John Cole, who is being cross-examined by prosecutor Caroline Rees, was asked if things changed for Angharad Williamson when it came to Logan. He agreed.

Ms Rees said: “He spent a lot of time in his bedroom on his own and that hadn’t been how it was?” Cole said: “No.”

Ms Rees said: “Angharad couldn’t give Logan the love and attention he wanted, and neither could you.”

Cole said: “It wasn’t like that but yeah."

Ms Rees said: “You struggled with Logan’s behaviour up until his death in July 2021. You struggled and Angharad Williamson struggled and Angharad WIlliamson suggested he should be handed in to social services…. How did that happen?”

Cole said: “We couldn’t get control of Logan and she said it would be better if we handed him in to social services.”

The prosecutor asks Cole to look at his police interview and refers to his claim that Williamson said she needed to “hand him in to social services”. In the interview Cole said there had been a number of occasions when this was said.

Cole said: “We were working with him and spending time with him….. It [would work] at times but other times it was difficult.”

Ms Rees said: “It must have been pretty bad when the option of putting Logan into care was on the table.” Cole said: “No, it was never considered.”

When asked why he didn’t seek help Cole said: “Because we didn’t want to admit it to ourselves.”

The defendant was asked if he and Williamson had been able to deceive social services. He said: “We were trying our best… It wasn’t my intention but yes.”

Social services failed to pick up the lie about the couple being able to look after a five-year-old, failed to pick up the lie about the tea spoon, and the claim the youth had pushed Logan down the stairs, said Ms Rees. “You and Ms Williamson did a very effective job of hiding the truth from social services.”

Cole said: “We were trying to work together.”

It was put to Cole that Logan was the “spare part of the family” but the defendant denied this.

I don’t know if anyone else here followed the same missing child case in USA, Maliyah Bass, as soon as the mother’s boyfriend was filmed wailing “I TAUGHT HER HER ABCs, HER 1,2,3s” I knew he was faking. It gives me the same sickness when I hear it from JC teaching Logan his phonics. Who gives a monkeys what you taught him if he lived in fear and torture?

I don’t know if anyone else here followed the same missing child case in USA, Maliyah Bass, as soon as the mother’s boyfriend was filmed wailing “I TAUGHT HER HER ABCs, HER 1,2,3s” I knew he was faking. It gives me the same sickness when I hear it from JC teaching Logan his phonics. Who gives a monkeys what you taught him if he lived in fear and torture?

I agree. 'We were working with him' strikes me as a peculiar phrase to use about your relationship with a child for whom you are allegedly a 'dad'. But it's all false.

Logan made to do press-ups and sit-ups to 'burn out energy'
John Cole, who is being cross-examined by prosecutor Caroline Rees QC, was asked about him making Logan do press-ups as punishment.

He said: “It was to burn out energy and didn’t happen as much as you are making out….. About four times. We got him doing jumping jacks, sit-ups, and running around. We’d get him burning off energy when he was energetic. I taught him out to dance and take him out on his scooter.”

Ms Rees said: “Do you remember his arms quivering in evidence from Jodie Simmonds?”

Cole said: “I heard a lot about what Jodie Simmonds said and I don’t agree with a lot of it.”

Ms Rees said: “He was in pain and you thought that was appropriate punishment for a five-year-old child.”

Cole said: “It was to burn off energy and it was about three or four (times).... It wasn’t just push-ups, he didn’t have a problem with it…. He had his hair shaved to be like me….. It was also when he had hair lice."

Ms Rees said: “Who shaved his hair off?”

Cole said: “Me and Angharad.”

Ms Rees said: “Was it because you wanted him to look more like you than Ben Mwang?.”

Cole said: “No it wasn’t about that.”

I remember that case and I felt exactly the same as you.

I do not believe for one minute he was helping Logan with anything,yet alone phonics.

'You treated that little boy like a prisoner. The week before his death he was confined to his room'
Defendant John Cole, who is being cross-examined by prosectuor Caroline Rees QC, was asked about Logan being punished by being made to face the wall. Ms Rees said: “Did you make him face the wall in the garden?

Cole said: “I was working in the garden. Angharad was having issues with him misbehaving so I told her to bring him outside.”

Ms Rees said: “When he was barefoot and in pyjamas? Why did he face the wall?”

Cole said: “Because he had been put in the naughty corner…...”

Ms Rees said: “Why didn’t he have any shoes on?”

Cole said: “It was the summer and he was in pyjamas because they were cooler.”

Ms Rees said: “Was it intended to humiliate that little boy and make him feel small?”

The defendant denied this.

Ms Rees said: “Did you ever hear Logan being called a ‘stupid b******’ or a ‘*advertiser censored***** d***head’ by you and Angharad?”

Cole said: “I’d shout at [Logan] but not like that.”

Ms Rees said: “And Angharad told him to ‘stop *advertiser censored***** lying’. That was an example of how Logan was spoken to.”

Cole said: “Occasionally.”

Ms Rees said: “And he was denied takeaway food when you were having fun.”

Cole said: “It was only when he had been extremely naughty he wouldn’t be allowed takeaway food….. It was about not rewarding bad behaviour. If you want to enjoy takeaway food then behave and listen to us.”

Ms Rees said: “When he hit Covid he was kept hostage in his room.”

Cole said: “No, we put toys in his room and the laptop in there to keep him occupied. We were trying to keep us all safe from getting Covid.”

Ms Rees said: “Making him face the wall?”

Cole said: “Just when we were within a few feet of him.”

Ms Rees said: “You treated that little boy like a prisoner. The week before his death he was confined to his room.”

Cole said: “It wasn’t like that.”

Ms Rees said: “How do you think that made that little boy feel?”

Cole said: “We were trying the best we possibly could.”

Ms Rees said: “Was Logan a lonely and isolated boy being kept in his room from everybody else?”

Cole said: “It wasn’t like that.”

The trial adjourns for the day and will resume tomorrow at 10am.

snipped from above .......

I taught him how to dance

So that was the shuffle teaching

Ms Rees said: “Do you remember his arms quivering in evidence from Jodie Simmonds?”

Cole said: “I heard a lot about what Jodie Simmonds said and I don’t agree with a lot of it.”

Heard a lot about – he’s very good at deflecting and making everything sound one step removed from him. How could he not have heard it, directly, he was in court when she gave evidence.

I agree. 'We were working with him' strikes me as a peculiar phrase to use about your relationship with a child for whom you are allegedly a 'dad'. But it's all false.

and ……. ‘It wasn’t like that, but yeah’ …… then it absolutely was like that, BUT worse for a defenceless child than anyone can imagine, big man

Logan made to do press-ups and sit-ups to 'burn out energy'
John Cole, who is being cross-examined by prosecutor Caroline Rees QC, was asked about him making Logan do press-ups as punishment.

He said: “It was to burn out energy and didn’t happen as much as you are making out….. About four times. We got him doing jumping jacks, sit-ups, and running around. We’d get him burning off energy when he was energetic. I taught him out to dance and take him out on his scooter.”

Ms Rees said: “He was in pain and you thought that was appropriate punishment for a five-year-old child.”

Cole said: “It was to burn off energy and it was about three or four (times).... It wasn’t just push-ups, he didn’t have a problem with it…. He had his hair shaved to be like me….. It was also when he had hair lice."

Ms Rees said: “Who shaved his hair off?”

Cole said: “Me and Angharad.”

Ms Rees said: “Was it because you wanted him to look more like you than Ben Mwang?.”

Cole said: “No it wasn’t about that.”

"I taught him how to dance"
Shuffling?

He is only admitting to things that can be proved e.g. CCTV of him carrying Logan in the bag and when people have testified that they saw him punishing Logan or denying him food etc. To those things he has to admit, he downplays it by saying it was only a few times...because he can't deny every piece of evidence but paints a picture that was the only time those things happened. Everything else that is alleged he either denies or says he can't explain/can't remember. Which must mean the odds are he is lying about everything?! I also wonder if he is not laying the blame at AW's feet because he hopes she will stay loyal to him in her questioning? Or is he hoping that without a clear person the jury can pin a murder on that they might all get away with it?

Has anyone noticed, JC doesn’t answer many questions with a yes or no as such. Skirts around things when he doesn’t want to straight out admit it. Accomplished liar, IMO.

ETA - Alyce put it much better than me!
I've noticed that he rarely answers for himself, if asked anything by the barrister he always seems to reply "WE put him to bed, WE bathed Logan WE offered this for his tea...
As if they were joined at the hip and jointly performed every task

Cole wouldn't know the truth if it kicked him in the shins!

and he's trying the classic 'I'll admit to this lesser thing, hold my hands up and then that will convince them that I'm honest & telling the truth' whilst lying about every single other thing.

I have every faith that the jury will see through him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1