UK - London Bridge Attack, shots fired, Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Statement from the Commissioner following incident at London Bridge

Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Cressida Dick, said: “I am deeply saddened and angered that our city has again been targeted by terrorism. It is with the heaviest of hearts that I must now inform you that, as well as the suspect who was shot dead by police, two of those injured in this attack in the London Bridge area have tragically lost their lives.

“My heart goes out to their loved ones and to the three further injured victims who I understand are being treated in hospital, and of course to everybody who has been affected by today’s terrible and mindless events.

“The attack started at Fishmonger’s Hall in the City of London. My understanding is that police were called at 13:58hrs and City of London police officers had bravely and professionally confronted the suspect by 14:03hrs, just five minutes later.

“If you are concerned about anyone who was there today please try to contact them and if you cannot, then get in touch with us.

“I want to thank all the emergency service personnel who are currently working tirelessly to deal with this incident, particularly the police officers from the Met and the City who have worked so closely together to protect the public.

“I also want to thank the members of the public who have helped, either by showing extraordinary courage by stepping in or by following the instructions they’ve been given by officers at the scene and in the area. This support from our public assists us more than you could know.

“In the coming days you will see more police, both armed and unarmed, patrolling our streets to help reassure those who are understandably concerned. Similarly our Counter Terrorism detectives will be working round the clock to identify those who have lost their lives, to support all the victims and their families. We are also working at full-tilt to understand exactly what has happened and whether anyone else was involved. For this reason we expect cordons to remain in place around the London Bridge area for some time.

“This afternoon I met with the Prime Minister and the Home Secretary, and also had a meeting with the Mayor; I’m very grateful for all their support. Indeed, we have been working closely with the Government at every level, and just as closely with our partners across London. This will obviously continue in the coming days.

“This joint effort mustn’t stop with the authorities though. As you know we are treating this as a terrorist incident. Fighting terrorism takes effort and determination from all of us. If you have any information or concerns, please do contact us.

“The empty ideology of terror offers nothing but hatred and today I urge everyone to reject that. Ours is a great city because we embrace each other’s differences. We must emerge stronger still from this tragedy. In doing that we will ensure that the few who seek to divide us will never, ever succeed."

+ Anyone with information that could assist with the investigation can call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321. In an emergency call 999.

Anyone who may have footage or images of the incident is asked to send them to the UK Police Image appeal website: www.ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk

London Bridge 'terror attack': Video shows incident - live - CNN
"It's an "absolute priority" to identify the two people who were killed by the suspect in the London Bridge stabbing attack, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick told reporters on tonight.
"Our priority is first of all to make a categorical identification, and secondly to make sure their families are informed as swiftly and as properly as we can," she said.

Three other people are being treated for injuries, Dick said.

The attack started in Fishmonger’s Hall in London, Dick told reporters.

"My understanding is that police were called at 13:58 hours and city of London police officers had bravely and professionally confronted the suspect by 14:03 hours, just five minutes later," she added.

The Metropolitan police commissioner warned that there would be more police presence in the coming days, both armed and unarmed, patrolling the streets.

"Similarly our counterterrorism detectives will be working round the clock to identify those who have lost their lives, to support all the victims and their families. We are also working at full-tilt to understand exactly what has happened and whether anyone else was involved. For this reason we expect cordons to remain in place around the London Bridge area for some time," she said."

Knife attacker who killed two in London Bridge terror attack 'was an Islamic extremist released from prison a year ago - and still wearing an ELECTRONIC ANKLE TAG'

Knife attacker shot dead on London Bridge was known to police, security sources reveal | Daily Mail Online

So much for second chances.

Jamie Bakhit, a 24-year-old from Purley, Croydon, said he spoke to one of the men who helped wrestle the knifeman to the ground after they were taken to the Salvation Army headquarters to be interviewed by police.

He told the PA news agency: 'The guy who was on top of him said he [the attacker] had been in prison for terrorism, apparently.

'Some of the guys who were on top of him were ex-prisoners and they had all been in the Fishmongers' Hall.

'The guy told me he was in prison with the attacker.'

Although some of those who stopped him were apparently also ex prisoners attending the same conference, so I guess it worked for them?

was he an islamic extremist when he went in prison or just when he came out!?

Quote from article:

Khan was part of Stock Exchange plot

Usman Khan was convicted in 2012 for his role in the Stock Exchange plot, a Christmas bomb attack on the London Stock Exchange, the American embassy and the home of Boris Johnson, who was then the London mayor.

As reported by The Telegraph, when police searched Khan's home in Stoke, they recovered a folded A4 sheet of paper which bore notes of the structure, roles and responsibilities of individuals in a terrorist cell.

It included the headings ‘structure’, ‘responsibilities’, ‘communication’ and ‘local’ and appeared to be written by a co-conspirator.

Khan pleaded guilty to preparing acts of terrorism (in 2012).

London Bridge attack: police identify convicted terrorist who murdered two victims - latest news
====

Details of what happened today:

The incident began just before 2pm on Friday, when the attacker, who had been attending the Learning Together criminal justice conference at Fishmongers’ Hall on London Bridge began stabbing fellow delegates with two large knives.

It is understood the former prisoner, who was still on licence and whose movements and travel were restricted, had been given permission to attend the event along with other convicted criminals.

The killer is thought to have attended the morning session, taking part in various workshops, in which he described his experiences as a prisoner, before launching his deadly attack without warning just before 2pm.

On Friday night it was feared the victims were students and academics who had been at the event.
---
Despite the fact he was wearing a fake suicide belt and threatening to blow himself up, the attacker was bravely challenged, including by at least one former prisoner, who was also attending the event.

After running out of Fishmongers’ Hall, onto London Bridge, the attacker was dragged to the ground, with passers by also joining into restrain him and prevent more carnage.
===
Attack started at Fishmongers' Hall called "Learning Together" organised by the University of Cambridge's Institute of Criminology

London Bridge attack: police identify convicted terrorist who murdered two victims - latest news

London Bridge attacker Usman Khan was convicted terrorist attending University of Cambridge conference on prison rehabilitation

London Bridge attacker Usman Khan was convicted terrorist attending University of Cambridge conference on prison rehabilitation

Terrifying new footage shows moment hero bystanders armed with a fire extinguisher and a NARWHAL TUSK chase knife-wielding terrorist across London Bridge before he is sprayed with jets of water and grappled to the ground

Moment hero bystanders armed with a fire extinguisher and a stick chase knife-wielding terrorist | Daily Mail Online

Another man is also seen holding what is believed to be the tusk of a Narwhal whale, which he also jabs in the direction of the attacker.

London Bridge: Bystander chases terrorist with 5-foot Narwhal tusk

**** had been arrested in December 2010, four days before he and his nine-strong terror gang had planned to plant a bomb in the toilets of the London Stock Exchange.

Police also found a handwritten list of targets which included the US Embassy, the Houses of Parliament and homes of a number of religious and political figures.

The gang had carried out surveillance of other possible targets including Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and the London Eye.

They also wanted to create widespread panic in Stoke-on-Trent by planting bombs in pubs and club toilets.

**** had also wanted to build a terrorist training camp on land in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir owned by his family.

The plot was foiled after the security services bugged their homes and cars and heard talk of a ‘Mumbai’ atrocity on the streets of London to mirror the 2008 attacks in India.

Then aged 20, **** was secretly recorded talking about his plans, adding there were only three possible outcomes for him and his fellow jihadists: victory, martyrdom or prison.

In February 2012 the nine men pleaded guilty to a variety of terror offences just before their trial was due to start.

**** was originally given an indeterminate sentence for public protection but this was quashed at the Court of Appeal in April 2013 and he was given a determinate 16-year jail term.

He was released from prison in December 2018 on licence and clearly a key line of enquiry now is to establish how he came to carry out this attack.

Tweet embedded in linked article showing video on Narwhal tusk and extinguisher being used on suspect JamesHeartfield on Twitter

Last edited:
Although some of those who stopped him were apparently also ex prisoners attending the same conference, so I guess it worked for them?

London Bridge hero is murderer on day release who slit woman's throat
One of the London Bridge terror attack heroes was a murderer on day release, it has emerged.

James Ford, 42, was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of 21-year-old Amanda Champion, who was found strangled with her throat cut in Ashford, Kent, in July 2003.

The Narwhal guy is apparently a Polish restaurant-worker.

London Bridge hero is murderer on day release who slit woman's throat

The Narwhal guy is apparently a Polish restaurant-worker.

From your link, which is the guy being talked about?

London Bridge hero is murderer on day release who slit woman's throat in random attack
James *advertiser censored**, 42, was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of 21-year-old Am***a Cha***on, who was found strangled with her throat cut in Ashford, Kent, in July 2003

One of the London Bridge terror attack heroes was a murderer on day release, it has emerged.

James *advertiser censored*d, 42, was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of 21-year-old *advertiser censored****a Ch***ion, who was found strangled with her throat cut in Ashford, Kent, in July 2003.

*advertiser censored*d was caught after a Samaritans worker, who he had called and confessed to, went to police with the tip off.

The charity worker later lost his job for breaking the organisation's strict confidentiality policy.

Yesterday, *advertiser censored*d found himself embroiled on the London Bridge attack as he helped bring down the knife man while out on day release from his life sentence.

*advertiser censored*d is understood to be in the final days of his sentence at HMP Standford Hill, an open prison in Kent.

*advertiser censored*d was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of vulnerable *advertiser censored**nda Cha***on

Ja*** *advertiser censored*d, 42, was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of 21-year-old Am***a Cha***on, who was found strangled with her throat cut in Ashford, Kent, in July 2003

Am***a Ch***ion was strangled and slashed across the throat in the random attack in Ashford, Kent
London Bridge attack survivor tells of moment friend 'died in his arms'

London Bridge attacker was convicted terrorist ****, 28
It's believed **** was tackled by ex-offenders inside Fishmongers' Hall - who had all been invited to a conference on rehabilitation.

Source say **** began "lashing out" in a downstairs room of the hall but was grabbed by the conference-goers and bundled out of the front door as he tried to go upstairs.

Those who tackled **** on the street were not ex-offenders."

Ford was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of vulnerable Amanda Champion (Image: PA)

James Ford, 42, was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of 21-year-old Amanda Champion, who was found strangled with her throat cut in Ashford, Kent, in July 2003

============================================================

What's wrong with this picture? He was ' jailed for life' , but he and the perp that he tackled, were both walking free a decade later?

All I know is that my heart goes out to the injured and to the families of those who sadly died in the attack :(

And I'm grateful for the members of the public, and then the police, who caught the attacker and ensured no one else was hurt.

Ford was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of vulnerable Amanda Champion (Image: PA)

James Ford, 42, was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of 21-year-old Amanda Champion, who was found strangled with her throat cut in Ashford, Kent, in July 2003

What's wrong with this picture? He was ' jailed for life' , but he and the perp that he tackled, were both walking free a decade later?

Yes, just like the United States, early release and that is what has been the discussion. I'm staying away from that but, which guy was he? Was he The Knife Guy, the Tusk guy, the Tackle Guy, the water extinguisher guy? Or somebody who was inside before he even got to that point.

Ford was the Tackle guy.

(The Narwhal guy is the Polish chef Lucasź).

Ford was out for a day to attend the conference. He rushed to help a woman attacked by Khan and tackled Khan down. Given that Khan had on an explosive vest, that Ford had no way of knowing was a hoax, and was holding a knife (possibly, even two, as I have read), and Ford was unarmed, Ford’s action on the London bridge was heroic, although he is still a convicted murderer of a young vulnerable woman.

Khan was convicted on group terrorism charges in 2012; his plans included bombing London Stock exchange. He was released on a temporary release license in 2018.

Ford was in prison since 2004 and on a day release in 2019.

Last edited:
This is a perfect example of a shout out for @Foxfire!

May he RIP. I miss him so very much. I just tried to find his condolences thread after he passed, and I cannot do so much. So just a shout out maybe somebody else can. I wonder if his family still follows as they did previously.

He always said that First Responders were not law enforcement, it was the General Public.

Thinking of him, his name was Glen, today and prayers going up that he is looking over us all. He was a great person here at websleuths.

About the male victim, Jack Merritt

Victim of London Bridge terror attack named as University of Cambridge’s Jack Merritt, from Cottenham

only 25...

“Jack Merritt attended Hill Road Sixth Form in Cambridge before graduating in law from Manchester University, before further study at Hughes Hall, a University of Cambridge college.

At Learning Together in Cambridge, he helped to co-ordinate a programme that brought together those in higher education and the criminal justice system. As part of the programme, students based at the University of Cambridge and students based in prison studied together on university-level courses.”

E8CB0YPQVF0SIE7CELYP.jpg

Jack Merritt, who studied at the University of Cambridge, before working at Learning Together. He was killed in the London Bridge terror attack. Picture: Instagram (22975185)

I’m starting to think Khan specifically targeted Jack Merritt. Also I think he planned to hold the room hostage with his fake suicide belt. That didn’t work out for him as he got bundled out of the building.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion
Back