Identified! UK - London underground, 20s-30s light skinned 6' tall male, 12 Feb 23 - n/a

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

rightsaidfred

Reaction score
Police need help to identify man who died on London Underground tracks
The victim is described as light-skinned, 6ft tall and possibly in his 20s or 30s

Detectives have appealed for information to help identify a man who died on the London Underground.

Officers were called to Hangar Lane Underground station following reports of a casualty on the tracks on Sunday, 12 February.

The man was later pronounced dead at the scene. The incident is not being treated as suspicious.

In a bid to identify the man, British Transport Police have released a CCTV image in the hope someone will recognise him.

He is described as light-skinned, 6ft tall and possibly in his 20s or 30s.

newFile-10.jpg

The description and the picture could literally be almost any white London male in their 20s-30s.
Unless that is a big beard and not part of his hoodie.

They'd have more luck if they made everyone post the full picture, because the shoes are interesting.
Hope he's identified soon...

hanger-lane.png

Better description:

He is described as a light skinned man, possibly of European or Arabic origin, in his 20’s or 30’s. He was also described as 6ft tall, with dark hair, light hazel eyes and a dark beard with traces of ginger. At the time he was wearing blue, white and grey Nike Kick Phantom trainers and a black puffa style H&M coat.

I assume there must have been witnesses who saw him with those details.

London Live

Better description:

I assume there must have been witnesses who saw him with those details.

London Live

I think those would be details noted at the post mortem.

Having commuted on the tube for several years, you really don't pay any attention to fellow commuters; there's a sort of willful blindness. Some details in particular - like the light hazel eyes and the H&M coat (they're never branded externally) would never have been reliably noticed by a passerby.

Though the injuries from such a fatality can be catastrophic, I'm sure they could pull such details from the remains.

I think those would be details noted at the post mortem.

Having commuted on the tube for several years, you really don't pay any attention to fellow commuters; there's a sort of willful blindness. Some details in particular - like the light hazel eyes and the H&M coat (they're never branded externally) would never have been reliably noticed by a passerby.

Though the injuries from such a fatality can be catastrophic, I'm sure they could pull such details from the remains.
bbm Good point! Didn't think of that.

Oh, hopefully. Common for UK LE not to give the public any updates. RIP and thoughts to his family <3
In the case of those who have taken their own lives they're often not publicly identifed. I have a feeling it's related to not wanting to create contagion; they will be mindful of the Bridgend suicide incidents - Wikipedia

Missing people found safe and well are often reported with a simple "first name has been found safe and well" with an attempt to remove the surname where feasible for the sake of their future Google footprint.

In the case of those who have taken their own lives they're often not publicly identifed. I have a feeling it's related to not wanting to create contagion; they will be mindful of the Bridgend suicide incidents - Wikipedia

Missing people found safe and well are often reported with a simple "first name has been found safe and well" with an attempt to remove the surname where feasible for the sake of their future Google footprint.
I don't think anyone who is not a victim of a crime should be named after they've been found, but a note of some sort should always be put out to make people stop sharing, spreading the word, speculating etc. It works.
When my brother's best friend disappeared there was a lot of speculation in one online forum until I stepped in and posted simple facts. People do listen no matter how mayhem some parts of the internet may seem. When he was found it was announced in media and there have never been any more posts about him since, anywhere.
I think most people are content just knowing what happened to the person they worried about (found safe/ found deceased), no need to know the hows or whys or even their name.
And UK LE are not very good at doing this imo.
Thank you for reminding me of those suicides, those were weird. I think I wondered at the time if it had anything to do with the internet, sm, like a new "trend" or something... =(
There was a "choking game" going around a few years later. My friend's son died from that.

Sad news, however, at least he was identified and his family is being told.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto
Back