GUILTY UK - Louise Kam, 71, Potters Bar, Herts, shopping centre Barnet, 26 Jul 2021 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kusai Al-Jundi, 28, and delivery driver, Mohammed El-Abboud, 24, were accused of murdering Louise Kam, 71, in her home in Barnet.

Al-Jundi was also indicted of being a ‘Walter Mitty’ character who tried to rip off Mrs Kam, 71, after offering her £6 million he did not have for her house and block of flats.

The court heard that Mrs Kam, 71, drove her BMW convertible to her house on Gallants Farm Road, East Barnet, thinking a lawyer would be there to finalise arrangements with the pair on July 26 last year, but she would never leave alive.

[...]

His barrister Martin Rutherford told the court today he was offering no evidence at all on behalf of Al-Jundi - this means Al-Jundi will not take the witness stand.

Mr Rutherford confirmed he had warned his client that the jury were entitled to think poorly of Al Jundi for not giving any evidence.

The court heard how Al-Jundi told another woman that he would give her £57,000 for her Audi TT and a Toyota Rav 4.

[...]

El-Abboud admits that he was at the house when Mrs Kam arrived - but in a so called ‘cut throat defence’ his lawyer, Giles Trembath, claims he was in another room asleep when Al-Jundi murdered her.

In police interviews, Romanian El-Abboud said he had only been in the country a couple of months when he became involved with Al-Jundi.

[...]

The Recorder of London, Judge Mark Lucraft adjourned the trial until January 9 and told the jury he was giving them a ‘good, restful break’ from the case.

The Crown Court
at Central Criminal Court

Daily Courtroom List for Monday 09 January 2023
FINAL 1​

Court 6 - sitting at 09:30 am

THE RECORDER OF LONDON

SITTING AT 10:00 am

Trial (Part Heard)

T20217244

EL-ABBOUD Mohammed
AL-JUNDI Kusai

DTA INTERPRETERS REQUIRED

A delivery driver accused of murdering a 71-year-old millionairess in her home told a murder trial that he woke up, went downstairs and found her dead in the living room.

Romanian Mohammed El-Abboud, 24, was living in victim Louise Kam's house after his friend, a 28-year-old chef named Kusai Al-Jundi, promised to buy the property in a £6 million deal.

Ms Kam drove her BMW to the house in East Barnet on July 26 2021, thinking a lawyer would be there to finalise arrangements with the pair, but would never leave home alive.

El-Abboud and Al-Jundi strangled the woman and dumped her body in a bin which was found three days later outside Al-Jundi’s home, the Old Bailey heard.

[...]

Giving evidence today, El-Abboud told jurors he was living in Ms Kam’s home in Gallants Farm Road on the day she died.

‘I came downstairs and I saw Ms Louise laid down in the living room,' he told jurors.

‘I saw Ms Louise and I got scared and I was shocked and I started to cry. I felt a reaction I do not know how to explain.’

[...]

Al-Jundi had called El-Abboud using his friend Maria Amariucai’s number - with call records showing they spoke for more than 22 minutes, the court heard.

El-Abboud told the court: ‘I said “What have you done? Have you killed a woman?” I was crying and shouting and he said: “Shut the *advertiser censored** up the neighbours will hear you''.

‘I was just shaking and crying and then he said “shut up don’t worry because I will clean up all of this mess''.

[...]

El-Abboud continued and said he went back downstairs to the living room.

‘The room was smelling very badly...her face was changed, it was black,' he said.

‘I ran upstairs and I put my clothes on. I stayed thinking, what should I do? I was alone and I didn’t know what to do.’

Mr Trembath, defending, asked: ‘Mr El-Abboud, why did you not ring the police?’

He replied: ‘I was afraid - I didn’t know what to do.’

Mr Trembath asked: ‘Why did you not call an ambulance?’

El-Abboud replied: ‘I got scared - this was the first time I had experience anything like this. I just woke up, came downstairs and saw a dead woman in the living room.’

‘How did you know she was dead?,' Mr Trembath asked.

El-Abboud said: ‘I didn’t know, but when I saw her, my phone was ringing straight away and the colour of her face had changed. I don’t know how, but I knew she was dead.’

[...]

Al-Jundi has chosen not to give evidence before the jury. The trial continues.

Two men have been found guilty of strangling a businesswoman and dumping her body in a rubbish bin after their multi-million pound plan to "plunder" her property went wrong.

Louise Kam, 71, disappeared in July 2021, when she was last seen shopping in Barnet, north-west London.

Kusai Al-Jundi, 24, from Harrow and Mohamed El-Abboud, 28, were both convicted of her murder.

They will be sentenced at the Old Bailey on 1 February.

Prosecutor Oliver Glasgow KC told the court text messages apparently sent by Ms Kam to her friends in July 2021 did not sound like she had written them.

"Little did those closest to her realise that when they were replying to those messages, Louise Kam was already dead," the prosecutor said.

"She had been strangled, her body dumped unceremoniously in a rubbish bin, and a plan was afoot to conceal her murder and plunder her life savings."

Detective Chief Inspector Brian Howie, of the Metropolitan Police, said it was a “despicable callous crime” driven by greed.

He said: “Two young men have preyed on an elderly lady in order to try and plunder her life savings, and then take ownership of her property before unceremoniously dumping her in a rubbish bin.

“It was all driven by greed. Louise had money, she had cars, she had property and she had a life that both of those people wanted. And the only way for them to get that, they saw, was to kill Louise and then to send heartless messages to her friends and family pretending that she had fled to China.”

Prosecutor Oliver Glasgow KC had told the jury that Al-Jundi was “prepared to stop at nothing” to trick Ms Kam out of her property and his friend, El-Abboud, was “more than happy” to help.

Two killers who occupied a millionairess's £1.3m home and strangled her to death when she refused to sell it to them are facing life sentences after being found guilty of murder at the Old Bailey today.

Syrian cook Kusai Al-Jundi, 25, and his Romanian delivery driver Mohammed El-Abboud, 28, slayed Louise Kam, 71, inside her north London home on July 26 2021, after their scheme to snatch her £4.6m fortune went south.

Al-Jundi, branded a 'Walter Mitty' type character at trial and El-Abboud, described as a 'homeless gypsy boy', callously dumped the woman's body in a wheelie bin before texting her family from her phone to tell them she had 'gone to China'.

Ringleader Al-Jundi, who pretended to live a luxury lifestyle with a string of girlfriends, but who actually worked in a kebab shop and lived with his parents, had tricked Mrs Kam into signing a document to give him power of attorney.

Kusai Al-Jundi, 25

Mohammed El-Abboud, 28

[...]

On the morning after Mrs Kam's death, Al-Jundi paid £60 each to a group of workmen to bring a van to move the bin to his family's home on Wood End Road, in Harrow, northwest London. He sent messages to Mrs Kam's friends and family pretending she was alive and well but had gone away.

Meanwhile El-Abboud posted a TikTok video of himself gyrating and dancing to music on the driveway of Mrs Kam's property, with his followers blissfully unaware he had brutally murdered her just hours earlier.

[...]

Two killers who occupied a millionairess's £1.3m home and strangled her to death when she refused to sell it to them are facing life sentences after being found guilty of murder at the Old Bailey today.

Syrian cook Kusai Al-Jundi, 25, and his Romanian delivery driver Mohammed El-Abboud, 28, slayed Louise Kam, 71, inside her north London home on July 26 2021, after their scheme to snatch her £4.6m fortune went south.

Al-Jundi, branded a 'Walter Mitty' type character at trial and El-Abboud, described as a 'homeless gypsy boy', callously dumped the woman's body in a wheelie bin before texting her family from her phone to tell them she had 'gone to China'.

Ringleader Al-Jundi, who pretended to live a luxury lifestyle with a string of girlfriends, but who actually worked in a kebab shop and lived with his parents, had tricked Mrs Kam into signing a document to give him power of attorney.

Kusai Al-Jundi, 25

Mohammed El-Abboud, 28

[...]

On the morning after Mrs Kam's death, Al-Jundi paid £60 each to a group of workmen to bring a van to move the bin to his family's home on Wood End Road, in Harrow, northwest London. He sent messages to Mrs Kam's friends and family pretending she was alive and well but had gone away.

Meanwhile El-Abboud posted a TikTok video of himself gyrating and dancing to music on the driveway of Mrs Kam's property, with his followers blissfully unaware he had brutally murdered her just hours earlier.

[...]

They both deserve the maximum sentences.

Two men have been given life sentences for strangling a businesswoman after a £4.6m plan to "plunder" her property went wrong.
Louise Kam, 71, disappeared in July 2021 and was later found dumped in a rubbish bin.
Kusai Al-Jundi, 25, of Harrow, London, and Romanian national Mohamed El-Abboud, 28, were convicted of murder on 19 January.
Both were sentenced to life with a minimum term of 35 years.

A Romanian delivery driver who murdered a 71-year-old woman with his Syrian friend believing it would make him a millionaire filmed himself dancing with his girlfriend at his victim's house about two weeks before she was killed.

Mohammed El-Abboud, 28, was today jailed alongside 'Walter Mitty' fantasist and mastermind Kusai Al-Jundi, 25, for at least 35 years each.

The pair had tricked Louise Kam, 71, from Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, into signing power of attorney documents which they thought would give them control of her multi-million property portfolio.

[...]

Both men sobbed in the dock as they were convicted by the jury in January.

They were both jailed for life and ordered to serve a minimum of 35 years before they can be considered by parole by the Recorder of London Judge Mark Lucraft today.

[...]

Next Thursday Aug 29 2024 Channel 5.

I am sure I used to see this woman around near where I used to live. That would have been a few years before she died, if same. Can't remember where or when annoyingly, but if the one I am thinking of she stood out because always immaculately dressed in a skirt suit and hair up in a bin, or loose with a velvet headband. They only released the one picture of her so hard to go by.

20240821_170649-01.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back