GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That continues to puzzle me - although Prosecution has explicitly said they are not linking Cj to the crime - but still :(

Thank you for the info on the water sources, Alyce! We might hear about it if LE found something there, I assume they checked. We know he knows the area very well JMO

I believe they say they don't have anything else linking her, not that they are not linking her? MOO

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏[/QUOTE]
The lake is big and certainly could be used for washing off hands etc. It is a pretty place in the Thicket as it is the central point that people like to walk around so I can't imagine he'd be able to do more than just wash his hands and certainly wouldn't be able to approach it in any state without being spotted and looking suspicious if he were obviously covered in blood or dirt IMO

https://documents.hants.gov.uk/countryside/SCP-LPGMap.pdf

This shows the Thicket with the footpath leading out to Swanmore Road - I think this is the most likely route that SM would have taken to his mother's afterwards rather than going the roadway. I believe that Louise was found around the top left corner of the sign saying 'Havant Thicket'

18 minutes ago
Trial resumes today
The trial of Shane Mays, 30 from Somborne Drive, for the alleged murder of Louise Smith, continues today.

Mays has denied murder, but pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

10 minutes ago
Court hears phone calls from CJ Mays to police
Audio recordings of phone calls by CJ Mays, Louise’s aunt, are being played to members of the jury. She called 101 at 6.32pm on May 8 to report Louise as missing. Shane Mays, the defendant, was present when the call was made, and can be heard in the background.

Thanks for the updates, @Legally Bland!

Additional details on HampshireLive. They have a different reporter every day. Thursday's was quite good, I thought. MOO.

10:54JAMIE PHILLIPS
Audio of calls made to police being played to court
Three calls made to police on May 8 to report Louise missing are now being played to the court.

The first of the calls was 14 minutes long, made by Louise's aunt Chazlynn Mays.
11:02KEY EVENT
Jury hears moment Louise is first reported missing
The call, made at 6.32pm, is when Louise is first reported missing. She was found dead in Havant Thicket 13 days later.

Mrs Mays details to police that Louise was a "vulnerable child" and had not returned home. She had traced where Louise was meant to be, had tried to call her and has "asked if anyone had seen her" without any success, so called police.

She also said to police that it was "quite normal" for her to go missing, but that she was worried about her as she may "do something to herself".

Live updates as Louise Smith murder trial enters fifth day

Thanks for the updates, @Legally Bland!

Additional details on HampshireLive. They have a different reporter every day. Thursday's was quite good, I thought. MOO.

10:54JAMIE PHILLIPS
Audio of calls made to police being played to court
Three calls made to police on May 8 to report Louise missing are now being played to the court.

The first of the calls was 14 minutes long, made by Louise's aunt Chazlynn Mays.
11:02KEY EVENT
Jury hears moment Louise is first reported missing
The call, made at 6.32pm, is when Louise is first reported missing. She was found dead in Havant Thicket 13 days later.

Mrs Mays details to police that Louise was a "vulnerable child" and had not returned home. She had traced where Louise was meant to be, had tried to call her and has "asked if anyone had seen her" without any success, so called police.

She also said to police that it was "quite normal" for her to go missing, but that she was worried about her as she may "do something to herself".

Thanks I couldn't find their page for today. Do you want to do HL and I'll do PN? I will be offline for a bit this afternoon though if there's any volunteers.

11:12JAMIE PHILLIPS
Louise's aunt asked if she was with any adults have risk of harm
Louise's aunt Chazlynn, the wife of defendant Shane Mays, told police during the call that the teenager was not with any adults that would carry a risk of harm to her when asked by police.

The court then hears of two further calls from police back to Chazlynn on the same evening (May 8) to confirm if Louise was still missing.

Mrs Mays tells police:

I have been told she was at Emsworth recreation, but there is no sign of her up there. I am really worried now.

11:15JAMIE PHILLIPS
First witness of day five called
PC Karen Day, of Hampshire Constabulary, has been called to the witness box.

She was on duty the day of May 8 and attended Ringwood House in Somborne Drive, the home of defendant Shane Mays and his wife Chazlynn to carry out a missing person report.

Louise was also living at the address following a breakdown of the relationship with her mother.

11:27JAMIE PHILLIPS
Louise 'went missing quite regularly'
PC Karen Day carried out a missing person report in the company of defendant Shane Mays and his wife Chazlynn at their home address.

The court has been told of how Louise would "quite regularly" go missing, depsite having a curfew of 6pm. She would also take her sim card from her phone so she could not be traced, the jury hears.

PC Day carried out a search of the property, but found nothing of significance. She adds that Mr Mays did not make any contribution of note to the missing persons report.

CJ ‘dominated’ conversations with police
DC Peter Bambury, who also visited Shane and CJ Mays, told the court that CJ ‘overtalked’ the defendant when he would try and speak.

‘She dominated the conversation - he said absolutely nothing,' DC Bambury said.

‘When I spoke to him he told me if she [Louise] returned, he would lock her in until the police arrived. I found it a really strange thing to say, it’s just a bizarre comment.'

Louise Smith trial: Recap updates as CCTV of killer Shane Mays shown to the jury

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back