GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is something really niggling me about this case . SM seemingly needing an appropriate adult , illeterate yet clever enough not to get any blood etc on his clothes? The statements by police that he was under the thumb, cj answered for him, he had no phone, etc. There is something just not right about it all . MOO

BBM This exactly!

Does his lawyer need to prove he is illiterate or in any way needing another adult to help understand? I assume so otherwise everyone would be using this to get the jury on their side.

She is a liar clearly covering for him.

Just a thought. She seems to be the dominant one in the relationship but this might have been a trigger for him, all that built up feeling, in the middle of the first lockdown. Moo.

Another thing is CJ being calm. Why was she calm if she suspected something bad?
I would completely understand her being calm initially if she thought L ran away again and that it was a sort of regular thing. But we can see from her answers from the beginning that she was trying to cover for him.
I find it strange that she stayed calm instead of freaking out, thinking her hubby did something to her niece.
Was she calm because she knew that she was dead or because she couldn't imagine her hubby actually killing her? JMO as always

I find it so strange SM didn't own a mobile phone. Apparently he used to. He just used CJ's when he needed to, or so we are told.
Very odd.

He also doesn't have a bank card if I remember correctly?! Like how?! Why not if CJ doesn't leave the house? U can order groceries and everything nowadays especially since covid if you don't want to/can't leave the house but not owning a phone and bank card? Why not?
A relative of mine has gambling issues and his wife took his bank card.
MOO

Not sure whether we can believe everything they say. Would the police check his finances and verify he had no bank account/card?
It could be another way CJ controlled him or it is possible he could not manage money and got into debt.

I am interested to know more about SM.....specifically if he is cognitively impaired ( eg from birth or following illness/injury) or whether his problem is specifically related to literacy ( eg dyslexia, lack of education)

If the former, he may be easily led/ influenced. It has been noted he did not know how to interact appropriately with Louise & would tease/tickle her. He also did not say much to police but when he did, made the somewhat strange comment that he would ‘lock Louise in the flat if she returned’.

I’m thinking there was rising tension in that household due to Louise being there & she was seen as a troublemaker. CJ probably said as much to SM...maybe wished her ‘gone’ so their lives could return to normal.

SM may have taken his wife’s comments quite literally, as some people with cognitive impairment can do.

I realise this does not in any way excuse the extreme violence & the awful sexual element to Louise’s death....but I can see how a combination of cognitive impairment, increasing tension in the household ( blamed on Louise) on top of challenging ‘lockdown’ conditions, the drug & alcohol misuse, anger & confusing sexual urges ( from being cooped up in one-bedroom accommodation with a young, vulnerable & pretty young girl) could have culminated in this dreadful crime.

So very tragic that Louise herself realised her living arrangements were rapidly deteriorating, but so young & vulnerable, was not able to extricate herself in time.

All MOO

11:40DAVID POWELL
"Not involved in kidnapping" - Mays
Prosecuting barrister Andrew Houston is now reading a transcript of an interview between Shane Mays and detectives on Friday, May 15.

Mays says in it: "I am in no way involved in the kidnapping or disappearance of Louise Smith."

Live updates on Louise Smith murder case from day 6 of trial

32 seconds ago
Police ‘couldn’t find’ Mays on CCTV
In a third police interview on May 15, DC Donovan explained to Mays that officers had searched CCTV and not found him.

He said: ‘We’ve not been able to find you on CCTV at the Tesco at the time you said. They haven’t found you on any of the CCTV on any of the routes you took.'

After this, Mays’ adviser handed a statement to DC Donovan, which said: ‘I’ve not caused her any harm or committed any crime in relation to her in any way’ and he refused to speak further.

Live updates on Louise Smith murder case from day 6 of trial

This is starting to sound like coercive control to me. Did CJ isolate him from friends, not let him have a phone and take away his access to money? The police stated that SM spoke very little and when he did CJ talked over him. SM seems very dependent on CJ. I wonder if she encouraged/threatened SM to do her dirty work and get rid of Louise for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back