UK - Lucy Letby - Post-Conviction Statutory Inquiry

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I doubt it. They'll double down. That sort does. The grand conspiracy is a more romantic, enticing story than the fact that a nurse killed babies and a mixture of incompetence and willful ignorance from her superiors allowed her to do it for a minimum of a year.

Murderers, as I said to my partner today, are more often than not underwhelming. We're expecting the grand, melodramatic motive, the complicated web of intrigue, but those are things of the realm of fiction. I'm not saying that the truth can't be fantastical, complicated and fascinating, but generally, murderers are boring and mundane. They're people, not fanged monsters with cape and claws, drinking the blood of the innocent. Just a spiteful, bland nurse, committing acts of cruelty and murder to fuel her own sense of power and self importance and distract herself from her cardboard cutout life.

MOO

I think for a lot of the long term LL sympathisers it’s about far more than LL now. It’s become part of their identity. Even outside of the small group who have blogs, websites, podcasts and substacks to promote, friendships and communities have been built off the back of this shared belief in her innocence. It’s given those people a sense of purpose, a common goal, a feeling that they’re making a difference. To question her innocence now would mean that they would risk losing all of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannonrae102277
Back