GUILTY UK - Lucy McHugh, 13, murdered,, Southampton, 25 July 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That frustrates me to no end, to hear that.

It is a nice, compassionate gesture to offer a homeless man a place to stay.

BUT NOT WHEN YOU HAVE A 13YR OLD THERE TOO....Sorry, but mother's don't have the luxury of doing a generous thing for a homeless man, when their young child sleep there too. ughhhh....

it is easy to criticize after the fact, we know nothing of this person's relationship, also would you remove all father's and brother's etc from living in the house .... i wonder what the statistics are on immediate family sex abuse and murder are

anyway what we would or wouldn't do ourselves, whether it was wrong or not we are here to help solve crimes and not to make judgements against the victim's

the facts that we know is that she was 13 and was killed a distance away from the home so it could have happened whether or not he was living with them

just my own opinion

it is easy to criticize after the fact, we know nothing of this person's relationship, also would you remove all father's and brother's etc from living in the house .... i wonder what the statistics are on immediate family sex abuse and murder are

anyway what we would or wouldn't do ourselves, whether it was wrong or not we are here to help solve crimes and not to make judgements against the victim's

the facts that we know is that she was 13 and was killed a distance away from the home so it could have happened whether or not he was living with them

just my own opinion

You are right, that I shouldn't have criticized the grieving mother. I am sure she is devastated and doesn't need any judgments.

I just get so frustrated and depressed, after following so many cases, where someone is brought into the home, and then a child ends up abused and/or brutally killed. In many cases, the person brought in has a criminal history and violent past.

I do not know anything about this person's past. Maybe he was squeaky clean. But it seems weird that he ended up homeless after his partner broke up with him. Most young fathers would have someplace to go, besides the streets. He didn't have family, coworkers, male friends, who could take him in?

I most likely over react, because I was a victim of sexual abuse as a young child. And it frustrates me to see it repeated endlessly, decades later...sigh

You are right, I don't know what her relationship to this man was, before she offered him a place to sleep. But if she was a single mom, with a 13 yr old girl, then I still have a hard time seeing it as a good option.

However, I do disagree that because her body was found a distance away, it might have happened anyway. I disagree because once the predator gets a chance to live in someone's home, as my uncle did, they have endless opportunities to groom their victims. They become 'safe' because they live with you and your family. They can be trusted. Even if they want to help you dry off, and they want you sit on their lap, and they want a long kiss, it is OKAY Because they live with you. They love you...

I beleive, Stephen had been homeless and Lucy's mother had offered him a place to stay.

Stephen Nicholson

Curious, but any reason why you believe that he was homeless? It seems everyone here jumped on that idea and now stating it as a fact. So far I have not read yet anywhere in MSM that that was the case.

We only know that he lived at the the same house. If there was any relation or he was just lodger there is unclear so far. (someone correct me please if I missed updates on that).

The suspected killer of teenager Lucy McHugh had been taken into her home by her family, it's emerged.

The murder suspect was taken into the home of Lucy and her mum.

"He had been living in Lucy's house. Her mum had got him a job as a carer and he also did tattooing in a room he has set up in their house."

Family of murder victim Lucy McHugh took suspect 'into their home'

The way that is worded, it sounds to me like the mother allowed him to move in, because he had no where else to go. She even got him a job.

And it sounds like she lived alone with her 13 yr old. That does bother me, because she is leaving her alone and vulnerable, with an older male, in the privacy of her home.

Lucy's mother does have a partner and other children I think but, either way - we're not here to pick apart the victims family! Whether he was a long term friend she invited into her home or a complete stranger - her business and I'm certain she didn't expect harm to come to her daughter.

And I'll add ... he's not been charged with anything relating to Lucy's murder ... Yet.

You are right, that I shouldn't have criticized the grieving mother. I am sure she is devastated and doesn't need any judgments.

I just get so frustrated and depressed, after following so many cases, where someone is brought into the home, and then a child ends up abused and/or brutally killed. In many cases, the person brought in has a criminal history and violent past.

I do not know anything about this person's past. Maybe he was squeaky clean. But it seems weird that he ended up homeless after his partner broke up with him. Most young fathers would have someplace to go, besides the streets. He didn't have family, coworkers, male friends, who could take him in?

I most likely over react, because I was a victim of sexual abuse as a young child. And it frustrates me to see it repeated endlessly, decades later...sigh

You are right, I don't know what her relationship to this man was, before she offered him a place to sleep. But if she was a single mom, with a 13 yr old girl, then I still have a hard time seeing it as a good option.

However, I do disagree that because her body was found a distance away, it might have happened anyway. I disagree because once the predator gets a chance to live in someone's home, as my uncle did, they have endless opportunities to groom their victims. They become 'safe' because they live with you and your family. They can be trusted. Even if they want to help you dry off, and they want you sit on their lap, and they want a long kiss, it is OKAY Because they live with you. They love you...

I agree with your points and understand the frustration your (especially when you have been in such a horrible situation yourself I can't imagine what it is like) feeling.

I also would not just take someone in I did not know but if it is a relative or really close friend that you trust it is a very difficult situation to be in. I was more troubled that it is very easy to be judgemental and I am sure that I probably also have. Now, I try to be more understanding of the victims especially when we don't have all the facts.

I had no intention of upsetting you, we can all be like that at times it is part of human nature.

ITV News Meridian‏Verified account @itvmeridian
Large number of floral tributes laid in Southampton after the death of 13-year-old Lucy McHugh. Police make fresh appeal for information, a week on from her disappearance. http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2018-08-01/police-make-fresh-appeal-a-week-after-lucy-was-last-seen-alive/ … @HantsPolice

ITV News Meridian on Twitter

'They are specifically appealing to people who may have seen Lucy last Wednesday or in the early hours of Thursday, or who were in the area at that time and may have information which could help the investigation.'

Police make fresh appeal, a week after Lucy was last seen alive

Daily Echo‏Verified account @dailyecho
Man arrested after offensive word painted on home of Lucy McHugh murder suspect http://bit.ly/2v7ssXb

'A MAN has been arrested after an abusive term was graffitied on the home of a suspect involved in the Lucy McHugh murder investigation.'

"A 45-year-old man from Southampton has been arrested on suspicion of a public order offence."

Man arrested after offensive word painted on home of Lucy McHugh murder suspect

tracking.gif

Latest Update:

What did the womans daughter ring to tell the police about?? Their own police cordon that they already know about.. surly not?... or am I not reading this report right ***A corner of the cemetery, off Lordswood Road, remains cordoned off this morning.
A neighbour said: "They were here from about 9.30 - 10pm last night.
"My daughter phoned the police but they said they already know about it.

Police in Lucy McHugh murder probe seal off city cemetery

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-3_11-28-9.png
    upload_2018-8-3_11-28-9.png
    233.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
More CCTV released yesterday (at link). The police still want people to come forward. I guess there must be gaps in what they know.

“Maybe you were driving or cycling past at that time and can remember something. You may even have dash cam or action camera footage.

“We’re really hoping the CCTV footage will jog people’s memories so that we can further build up a picture of Lucy’s movements.

“You will see that Lucy was carrying her jacket at the time. It was a hot day, so you may have seen her wearing a white vest top.

“We’re also asking runners or walkers to check their mapping apps for the period in question.

“They may realise they were close to the scene of the murder and have information that might be useful to our investigation.”

Lucy McHugh murder: Police release new CCTV footage of teenage victim | Daily Echo

That frustrates me to no end, to hear that.

It is a nice, compassionate gesture to offer a homeless man a place to stay.

BUT NOT WHEN YOU HAVE A 13YR OLD THERE TOO....Sorry, but mother's don't have the luxury of doing a generous thing for a homeless man, when their young child sleep there too. ughhhh....

My mom loved critters
brought them in to feed and wash
NEVER humans, though

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member