UK - Luton - Nicholas Prosper charged with murder of Mother, Brother and Sister at their home. Plus weapons charges for shotgun & knife (13 Sep '24)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

bobbymkii

Reaction score
A trial date has been set for a teenager accused of murdering his mother and siblings at a tower block in Luton.

The bodies of Juliana Prosper, 48, Giselle Prosper, 13, and Kyle Prosper, 16, were found at a flat off Wauluds Bank Drive, in Leabank on Friday.

Nicholas Prosper, 18, of Leabank, appeared at Luton Crown Court by video link from prison and was charged with murder.

He was also charged with a number of other offences, including purchasing or acquiring a shotgun without a certificate, possession of a shotgun and possession of a kitchen knife in a public place.

He was remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear for a plea and trial preparation hearing at the same court on 5 December.

A trial date has been set for a teenager accused of murdering his mother and siblings at a tower block in Luton.

The bodies of Juliana Prosper, 48, Giselle Prosper, 13, and Kyle Prosper, 16, were found at a flat off Wauluds Bank Drive, in Leabank on Friday.

Nicholas Prosper, 18, of Leabank, appeared at Luton Crown Court by video link from prison and was charged with murder.

He was also charged with a number of other offences, including purchasing or acquiring a shotgun without a certificate, possession of a shotgun and possession of a kitchen knife in a public place.

He was remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear for a plea and trial preparation hearing at the same court on 5 December.

Thanks Bobby - I've been meaning to make a thread for this one

What are you's thinking has gone on? Weird one isn't it.
Might have to wait until the coroner's inquest to find out cause of death for the victims. I don't know if he's used that shotgun to carry out the homicides or he used the kitchen knife (in a public place according to the charge?), and the shotgun was just found during the search. If he has used the shotgun to murder his family then he's in a world of trouble!

This was also very strange (BBM):

As Prosper was led to the cells, a man believed to be Prosper's father stood up in the public area and said: 'I still love you son. I know it's not your fault, okay?'

This was also very strange (BBM):

As Prosper was led to the cells, a man believed to be Prosper's father stood up in the public area and said: 'I still love you son. I know it's not your fault, okay?'

Hinting at mental illness potentially? But the buying of weapons makes it appear pre planned

Might have to wait until the coroner's inquest to find out cause of death for the victims. I don't know if he's used that shotgun to carry out the homicides or he used the kitchen knife (in a public place according to the charge?), and the shotgun was just found during the search. If he has used the shotgun to murder his family then he's in a world of trouble!
Would the penalty be less severe had he used a knife alone? TIA

Would the penalty be less severe had he used a knife alone? TIA
Yes. The starting point for murder with a firearm or explosive for an adult in E&W is 30 years. For a knife it's 25 years if it's taken by the defendant to the scene, but since this crime appears to have taken place in a domestic setting it should (IANAL!) have the standard starting point of 15 years.

He appeared by video link from prison during a preliminary hearing in the higher court today where it was confirmed he has been charged with a number of other offences, including purchasing or acquiring a shotgun without a certificate, possession of a shotgun and possession of a kitchen knife in a public place.

Judge Michael Simon said time was needed for an expert report on the defendant to be produced and for pathology reports and analysis of forensics material to be completed.

He remanded Propser to custody to next appear for a plea and trial preparation hearing at the same court on December 5.

A provisional three-week trial was set for March 3 next year.

Officers found the bodies of Ms Prosper and her two children when they arrived at her flat in the 15-storey Leabank Tower at 5.30am on Friday.

Neighbours described hearing loud ‘bangs’, with one saying: ‘I thought it was a car backfiring. I didn’t realise until later that someone had been shot.’

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back