UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't help think about my own autistic child and all the autistic children I work with at work, I get both a personal experience and professional career in the field. We are experiencing an awful lot of issues that when children are given an autism diagnosis it almost closes all the doors to support. Everything becomes "It is because they are autistic" and therefore don't need camhs/mental health support etc. Being autistic doesn't make someone a killer, not in the slightest but I can't help but wonder if there were serious warning signs or support sought for him and the autism diagnosis posed a barrier.
I agree, and I also think that being "foreign" doesn't help as some peculiarities are put down to having parents who don't speak fluent English or cultural/religious differences when it's actually part of them being neurodivergent. (And possibly their parents being neurodivergent too) I hope there is an enquiry into this. Would there be a serious case review on a 17 year old?

I agree, and I also think that being "foreign" doesn't help as some peculiarities are put down to having parents who don't speak fluent English or cultural/religious differences when it's actually part of them being neurodivergent. (And possibly their parents being neurodivergent too) I hope there is an enquiry into this. Would there be a serious case review on a 17 year old?
Yes, we've had this argument a few times at work. I work within a special needs team for my local authority and tackling systematic racism blocking support is a big battle ground of ours.

I don't think there would be a serious case review, but if the parents did do everything they should and faced doors slammed in their faces I hope they pursue it or if it became clear there were missed opportunities, an enquiry held.

I think by revealing his identity would have probably stopped the Southport Mosque being attacked. Fake news gave an Islamic name and suggested he was an illegal migrant. I think this caused the Mosque attack.
I'm not sure about having his identity revealed directly after the killings would have prevented the mosque attack. It seems as there are far-right groups prepared to attack mosques and asylum seeker accomodations, and those groups/their leaders were just waited for something like the killing of those girls, by someone whom they could accuse to be an asylum seeker, to get their followers to go into riot mode.

Sometimes a rational, psychiatric explanation will just not come no matter how hard and long the 'experts' look into it. There are some mysteries which remain elusive.

Not to delve too much into the supernatural here, but I recall what my dear departed Irish mother might have said about an atrocity like this, "He's got the devil in him." Makes as much sense as any other reason.

It's just so incredibly sad...

A significant portion of X still don't believe he isn't a Muslim or that he's only 17 and that's even with knowing his name.

This is exactly why it wouldn't have made any difference if they'd announced who it was straight away. The racists don't believe the information if it doesn't fit the narrative they are trying to push.
Mosques still would have been attacked.

I'm not sure about having his identity revealed directly after the killings would have prevented the mosque attack. It seems as there are far-right groups prepared to attack mosques and asylum seeker accomodations, and those groups/their leaders were just waited for something like the killing of those girls, by someone whom they could accuse to be an asylum seeker, to get their followers to go into riot mode.
We live close to a military town known for many people from Nepal, due to the Gurkha regiment being based there and many of their families moving over once retired. Right wing people have taken the opportunity to come in and riot there this week. It's awful. I bet very few were local.

I can't help think about my own autistic child and all the autistic children I work with at work, I get both a personal experience and professional career in the field. We are experiencing an awful lot of issues that when children are given an autism diagnosis it almost closes all the doors to support. Everything becomes "It is because they are autistic" and therefore don't need camhs/mental health support etc. Being autistic doesn't make someone a killer, not in the slightest but I can't help but wonder if there were serious warning signs or support sought for him and the autism diagnosis posed a barrier.

MOO but some families, in particular certain communities, will not seek out autism diagnosis or may shun it / fight against it / try to fix it. My guess is he was diagnosed late, and did not have the right kind of support around him /did not feel good about his diagnosis. Which has led to him feeling out of place in society.
Although of course, his autism could easily have had nothing to do with why he committed this atrocity.

This is exactly why it wouldn't have made any difference if they'd announced who it was straight away. The racists don't believe the information if it doesn't fit the narrative they are trying to push.
MOO but mosque likely attacked as a knife wielding guy who appeared to be a Muslim was arrested around the time of the vigil literally in the next street. So that would’ve spread around local community like wildfire. That coupled with incorrect name flying about would’ve easily led to one very upset and angry person hurling something only to be followed by others.

People’s outrage should be regardless of age, colour or religion of perpetrator. Innocent little girls - what a gutless coward
There is a huge difference between being outraged towards the perpetrator of a crime (which is what people should be), and for someones to spread hate and anger towards groups of innocent people who have had nothing to do with neither the crime, nor the perpetrator. Those who spread the lies
about the false identity of the perpetrator didn't care a bit about those children killed and injured, their agenda was to cause chaos.

MOO but mosque likely attacked as a knife wielding guy who appeared to be a Muslim was arrested around the time of the vigil literally in the next street. So that would’ve spread around local community like wildfire. That coupled with incorrect name flying about would’ve easily led to one very upset and angry person hurling something only to be followed by others.
I wonder how many in the group attacking the mosque were locals, and how many were from other areas. The groups of hooligans who attacked the police and mosque were too bog and too well organised.
The same protests contined in London, outside Downing Street, and those engaged there were not from the "Southport local community".

I’m local and the “protest” outside the mosque was being organised on social media on Monday evening - I was reporting posts on FB and X for hate speech. It had absolutely zero to do with the man arrested during the vigil on Tuesday night who was in possession of a flick knife, not wielding it.

The violence was arranged on the day of the attack and the majority of the people involved were not local. I’m not saying local yobs didn’t join in, but it had nothing to do with the vigil or the arrest as suggested.

Last edited:
There appears to be a correlation being made between people being called racist and those acting questions. I and many people like me, want to understand how this dreadful incident took place and try to understand how to be sure that there is no repeat. We want answers to questions when instead there is secrecy and a request not to speculate. This has result of making people think that there is a conspiracy of silence. Imo, if it Was made clear it was not an Islamic terror attack at the outset, there would not have been an attack on Southport mosque. There may have been some idiots that wanted to, but they would have been seen to be wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back