UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score

A witness reported a number of "young girls" had been stabbed.

At first I thought random attacks or something gang related - but this seems an odd demographic to target IMO
Small, defenceless, easy targets. Only the lowest of the low would do something like this. JMO

18m ago14.26 BST
''A staff member from Yates Motor Engineers on Hart Street told the Liverpool Echo:
I’ve heard helicopters overhead, it’s further down the road from us. There must be at least 20 police vehicles here – I heard the air ambulance overhead – it landed on the field by Scarisbrick New Road.
One man, who was helping to direct traffic next to the scene, told the Echo’s Ben Roberts-Haslam:
I saw a man from the ARV [armed response vehicle] come out the cordon and he was white as a sheet. He just shook his head and I thought he was going to cry.
''Colin Parry, owner of Masters Vehicle Body Repairs on Hart Street, told the PA news agency:
It is like a scene from a horror movie. Police have got him. It is like something from America, not like sunny Southport.''

Journalist Tim Johnson of Eye on Southport arrived at the scene about 20 minutes after the police had been called. He says the incident happened at the Hope of Hart children's club, which is down a back street in a former warehouse building.

He says the victims were children, and describes one girl on a stretcher covered in blood. "Her parents were running after her. It was horrendous. I’ve never seen anything like it.

"There were so many police cars. It was a mass of blue lights. "I saw ambulance men and women in tears. People were in tears in the streets."

Incident happened at a children's club according to this witness. Absolutely horrific.

One child has reportedly died and at least seven other people, including children, have been critically injured by a knifeman during a stabbing spree in Southport this morning.

Armed police officers swooped on Hart Street in Southport, Merseyside, at 11.50am, after a knifeman rampaged through a Taylor Swift-themed kids' dance and yoga workshop in a community space.

'A horrific stabbing attack in Southport has left at least one person - believed to be a child - dead while numerous others have been injured.

The Liverpool ECHO has reported that the attack is believed to have taken place during a "dance class" while locals saw at least three people rushed to hospital. The outlet also said at least one person, believed to be a child, was dead.'
rbbm

SOUTHPORT
''Police have dashed to Hart Street near a nursery in Southport, Merseyside, following reports of a stabbing as Merseyside Police have arrested a man and seized a knife.At least eight people - including children - have been injured in Southport amid a "major incident" near a local nursery, with fears young children may be among them.Officers have confirmed there are a number of casualties following reports of a stabbing in Southport, Merseyside. Unconfirmed reports claim the attacks happened at or near a nursery - but the Mirror is yet to verify this.A spokesman for Merseyside Police said a man has been arrested after they were called to the property on Hart Street shortly before midday.''

'Colin Parry, owner of Masters Vehicle Body Repairs on Hart Street, said he believed six or seven 'young girls' had been stabbed.
He said: 'The mothers are coming here now and screaming. It is like a scene from a horror movie.'
1722261974571.png
1722262042960.png

How awful. It looks like the fb page for the centre was advertising a Taylor Swift Dance Class at that time. I wonder if it’s terror related? Girls dancing to TS being seen as immodest by certain extremists? JMO.

'Colin Parry, owner of Masters Vehicle Body Repairs on Hart Street, said he believed six or seven 'young girls' had been stabbed.
He said: 'The mothers are coming here now and screaming. It is like a scene from a horror movie.'
View attachment 521211
View attachment 521212
So the girls are aged between 6 & 11 - shocking. I simply can't imagine what the poor families are going through right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back