UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if this was completely random or if the man knew/was related to a child there?
My guess is that it was random in regards to the victims themselves, but there is precedent for that particular scenario. I remember that mass stabbing in Thailand a couple years ago where the perpetrator intended to attack his child, but massacred other kids in a daycare center when his child wasn’t there.

I think the two most likely options are some mentally ill guy or a terrorist attack.

When mass casualty incidents happen in the U.K. normally the police will very quickly say that it’s not “thought to be terror related” - they haven’t this time. Which is unusual and makes me think it possibly could be, or at least they haven’t discounted the possibility.

It happens too much, too often, mess attacks on children - the last time was in France, if I recall, about a year ago, 4 children stabbed, incl toddlers.

And now young girls... Sickening!
Why are these monsters on the street?!!
How can politics explain this??

These past 3 weeks of summer have been blighted with male violence in the U.K.

Crossbow killing, bodies in suitcases, soldier stabbed, police attacked at airport and retaliating, a women murdered walking her dog and now this.
I agree, violent crime is at an all-time high in the UK yet the government are talking of releasing thousands of prisoners and shutting down prisons. Maybe they should build some more instead and hand out stiffer sentences - there is no deterrent to criminals in this country anymore, our rehabilitation system is just not working at all.

I'm totally shocked by this too as this is my home town. It's a small town where a large part of the population are old age pensioners. There are issues, as with many seaside towns, like unemployment, drugs etc. But for someone to actually choose to go to a small dance studio and attack little girls is horrific. All I can think is that maybe it was predominantly an attack on one of the teachers, like an ex boyfriend type scenario. My heart goes out to all those involved.

Eight people, including a number of children, have been injured in a stabbing in a town.

Merseyside Police said officers were called to a "major incident" at a property on Hart Street in Southport at about 11:50 BST.

The force said armed police "detained a male and seized a knife" and there was "no wider threat to the public".

North West Ambulance Service (NWAS) said they had treated eight patients with stab injuries and some had been taken to Alder Hey Children's Hospital.

1 girl killed, 7 others injured in mass stabbing at Taylor Swift-themed kids’ dance event in Southport, UK: ‘Scene from a horror movie

"A young girl was killed and seven others were injured when a hooded, knife-wielding maniac rampaged through a Taylor Swift-themed dance workshop in the UK Monday morning, authorities said."

The horror!

Prayers for strength and recovery

I agree, violent crime is at an all-time high in the UK yet the government are talking of releasing thousands of prisoners and shutting down prisons. Maybe they should build some more instead and hand out stiffer sentences - there is no deterrent to criminals in this country anymore, our rehabilitation system is just not working at all.
They're not going to let out serious violent offenders early though. They are not part of the scheme. I agree some sentences for violent crimes should definitely be longer though.

Witness reports man in face mask refusing to pay taxi fare

Journalist Tim Johnson of Eye on Southport arrived at the scene about 20 minutes after the police had been called.

He says the incident happened at the Hope of Hart children's club, which is down a back street in a former warehouse building.

He says the victims were children, and describes one girl on a stretcher covered in blood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back