UK - Manchester airport police incident 23/07/024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

QB2022

Reaction score
Interesting one provoking a lot of debate and opinion here in the UK.

On Wednesday footage emerged showing an apparent use of excessive force by armed police at Manchester airport.

Original footage:

Officer has been suspended and pending criminal investigation. Has caused a huge outrage.

Today, further footage has been released showing the immediate before:
Daily mail article Shocking new footage of Manchester Airport violence revealed

I'm certainly following this with interest and this is.provoking a lot of emotion within the general public

Last edited:
Yes, as with all these video incidents the whole sequence of events needs to be ascertained from everyone present before passing judgment. And these days videos can be altered.
I certainly think the kick/stamp to the head looks unnecessary. But a number of officers (including female ones) were grievously attacked and injured as well.
All those found to have commited violent offences should be investigated thoroughly and charged if proven. Police have to be able to challenge any suspicious activity at airports particularly (for all our safety), if you are not doing anything wrong why would you not co-operate with police calmly? That is what I don't understand here (yet).

Yes, as with all these video incidents the whole sequence of events needs to be ascertained from everyone present before passing judgment. And these days videos can be altered.
I certainly think the kick/stamp to the head looks unnecessary. But a number of officers (including female ones) were grievously attacked and injured as well.
All those found to have commited violent offences should be investigated thoroughly and charged if proven. Police have to be able to challenge any suspicious activity at airports particularly (for all our safety), if you are not doing anything wrong why would you not co-operate with police calmly? That is what I don't understand here (yet).
I certainly feel like the context leading to the three men kicking off is also going to be key. I'd also be curious for what the warrant was for, are they known to be violent already? In which case should far more officers have attended to arrest initially?

I'm not convinced the stamp made context, it looks more on the floor but it's not clear to tell with confidence

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back